mtbr member

New question here. Yet 575 w/ Fox DHX Air

Anyone riding a 575 with the Fox DHX Air? If so what is the difference between the RP3/RP23?

Seems more like a Freeride type shock than a XC shock? Correct?

jfd
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've never ride the 575 with the DHX Air but I saw the DHX Air has 2.25" of stroke versus 2.0" of stroke for the RP3. So the travel of 5.75" is with the RP3 or the DHX?

mtbr member
    I guess the big question is if you have an old Float shock, which one is worth the upgrade?

Positive Vibe Technician

eye to eye

I can't answer your question - however both shocks are the same lenth eye to eye. only the stroke is diffrent.

don't know if this helps?
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by jfd
    I've never ride the 575 with the DHX Air but I saw the DHX Air has 2.25" of stroke versus 2.0" of stroke for the RP3. So the travel of 5.75" is with the RP3 or the DHX?
    When I read this I thought surely you were mistaken. A quick check of the Yeti website confirmed your statement, but I just didn't think that sounded right.

Checked my 06 575 with the RP3 and it is a 7.875 e2e with a 2.25 stroke, so something has changed recently. Maybe Fox isn't making the RP3 in 7.875x2.25 anymore, I don't really know to be honest.

The stroke length being .25" longer, should mean more travel. The e2e measurment just measures how long the shock is, but the stroke length is how much the shock will compress. A shock that has a longer stroke (on the same bike) should have more travel.

Interesting development here....

jfd
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    When I read this I thought surely you were mistaken. A quick check of the Yeti website confirmed your statement, but I just didn't think that sounded right.

Checked my 06 575 with the RP3 and it is a 7.875 e2e with a 2.25 stroke, so something has changed recently. Maybe Fox isn't making the RP3 in 7.875x2.25 anymore, I don't really know to be honest.

The stroke length being .25" longer, should mean more travel. The e2e measurment just measures how long the shock is, but the stroke length is how much the shock will compress. A shock that has a longer stroke (on the same bike) should have more travel.

Interesting development here....
    I didn't check the stroke of my '06 RP3, I'll check to confirm... Thanks for your answer!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike_AK
    Anyone riding a 575 with the Fox DHX Air? If so what is the difference between the RP3/RP23?

Seems more like a Freeride type shock than a XC shock? Correct?
    I think that the DHX has a few more settings including a bottom out resistance setting and requires more air pressure than the RP3. So clydes may not want that shock for that reason.

The RP23 replaces the RP3. It's a really nice shock. If I had the choice I would go with the RP23 unless you are taking a lot of big hits and need a shock that you can set to resist bottom out.