bog
    mtbr member

XXL Clothing in the Yeti Store?

Why isn't Yeti stocking anything in XXL in their store? I'd love to get my hands on a Performance Hoody and a jersey or two but I've never seen them in stock. Considering that Yeti is one of the only brands with bikes that fit tall riders you'd think that it would be good to stock the XXL stuff. John P, this might be the time to rethink the stock strategy considering the wild popularity of the SB series bikes. I'm sure your rider base has grown substantially!
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Considering that Yeti is one of the only brands with bikes that fit tall riders
    How you figure?

bog
    mtbr member
    25.5+" top tubes. Very hard to find these days without something else being weird (like slack seat angles or short seat tubes). My XL SB66 has a 25.9" top tube ---- perrrfffeccctttt!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That's true I suppose. I'm 6'5" and find that a 25" ETT is enough for me, but I usually also run a 130mm stem... But I'm a bit old fashioned...

bog
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by willapajames View Post
    That's true I suppose. I'm 6'5" and find that a 25" ETT is enough for me, but I usually also run a 130mm stem... But I'm a bit old fashioned...
    That's definitely old school XC around my neck of the woods. Even on my XC bike (XXL SC Tallboy carbon) I'm running what is considered a long stem ... and it is 100mm. 120mm on my road bike though!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Since my 29er broke, I've been riding my old Salsa Ala Carte (26" wheels) which is rigid and has thumbshifters! I call it my neo-retro bike. Rough ride, but I tell you what, definitely hones your handling skills. Takes me back to the days when that was the only option...

mtbr member
    I have a xxl t and they had a performance hoodie for a while in the store. JP told me around x-mas that they had stuff comIng about now, so dibs on the next xxl Colorado hoodie.

Oh and I went down from a 140 on my old hardtail to a 110 on my 5 and I felt like I was desecrating the Yeti putting on such a long stem.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What is the largest Yeti Frame? I have a friend who is 6'-8" and looking for a bike. My XL 575 is too small for him.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Getting back to the original issue . . . . YES John, more xxl please!!! Your name is Yeti after all!