Thread: xx1 on sb-66C

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

xx1 on sb-66C

What do I need? They have a 168 Q-factor and a 156 Q-factor. Not sure what the difference is. Also which Bottom Bracket do I need. I've got the wheel adapter taken care of, but lost on the rest. Stoked on this set up though. Hate the front derrailleur. Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello Rocky,

168 Q Factor is compulsory for SB 66 , if you choose 156 the cranks will touch the rear base...Concerning the Bottom Bracket take the GXP version, not BB 30.

From my part i m waiting for XX1 parts as well for my SB 66c !

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If you were putting XX on the bike, this would apply, from the SB66C FAQ; "You need the 73mm SRAM GXP bottom bracket (or an equivalent) to run the XX set-up. You must also use the XX crank with a Q-Factor of 166 on the SB66C." I don't see what would be all that different with XX1.

I am considering doing the same when I put a 66C together. I would be ordering the 168 with GXP and probably a replacement 28 tooth ring since I'm running 26/39 XX now on a Big Top 29er. I think the only other choice is trigger or twist shift.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Awesome. Thanks guys, much appreciated. Can't wait to get her built up. Pics to come soon.