Bad Case of the Mondays

XPost from Passion: Morning Rides are good for the soul

Figured I'd post this over here. I lugged that DSLR around all morning, might as well show off the pics.

After missing out on my ride yesterday due to a nasty T-Storm in the high country, I got up early and hit the trails. Trails were perfectly tacky from the moisture the night before and I never saw a single person. 1.5 hours of riding and then head to work. Sure made sitting at my desk a bit easier today.

Don't ask me why my tongue appears to be sticking out here, as I don't have a clue.

The trail was ripe for the taking

Making use of one of the abandon mine sites to get an unusual perspective

I'm still getting used to this timer business, either that or I'm just too fast...

And one last posed shot, the light was just too good to pass up

And the final pic is an "in motion" shot. Riding with one hand while trying to shoot pics with the other is much harder than I expected
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Good job!

very nice.....thanks for sharing. I also road today, but it was an after work ride.....that makes me forget the whole work thing and I'll go to sleep with a smile.....

mtbr member
    where do ride??? those trails look so manicured. do you really need that much travel for that trail, doesn't look technical at all, not hating, just wondering if this wasn't the normal trail where you ride

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejas Mtb
    where do ride??? those trails look so manicured. do you really need that much travel for that trail, doesn't look technical at all, not hating, just wondering if this wasn't the normal trail where you ride
    The dude was taking pics of himself riding... methinks technical bits are a bit difficult to self photo with just a timer. But I'm sure you can handle it

Cool pics...N1 for getting out early.

P

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejas Mtb
    This morning's ride was near Boulder, CO.

Do I really need that much travel? Not usually.
    Do I love having it when I do need it? Absolutely.

Seriously though, these trails this morning are smoother, more flowing trails that can be easily ridden on a rigid singlespeed, but still are a lot of fun on a bigger bike. And yes I did take pics of the less technical stuff just because I was enjoying the more technical stuff and not worrying about pics.

mtbr member
    thats all that i was looking for! i didn't think that you would over bike, but something inside me just had to know. great pics by the way, black and white photos rock. try sepia tone next time too, when you use it with lots of foliage in the back ground it makes for one nice pic.