mtbr member
    May 2006

Wrong Size From The Lbs

Pinched pennies to buy a 575 2 years ago from LBS, tested and ordered a medium. While riding over the last 2 years the bike felt squirrley especially on the downhills, kept returning to the shop and replaced gooseneck and handle bars etc more times than I care to think about, they told me the bike was a good fit ( I am 5'8"-5'9") just need to fine tune. Now the shop no longer deals YETI so I went to another shop for some parts and was told the bike is a small and that I should be on a medium. Told this to the original LBS and was basically told "to bad it has been 2 years and they do not deal with YETI anymore" Now what spend the $$$$ on a frame?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNBIKE_TELE
    Pinched pennies to buy a 575 2 years ago from LBS, tested and ordered a medium. While riding over the last 2 years the bike felt squirrley especially on the downhills, kept returning to the shop and replaced gooseneck and handle bars etc more times than I care to think about, they told me the bike was a good fit ( I am 5'8"-5'9") just need to fine tune. Now the shop no longer deals YETI so I went to another shop for some parts and was told the bike is a small and that I should be on a medium. Told this to the original LBS and was basically told "to bad it has been 2 years and they do not deal with YETI anymore" Now what spend the $$$$ on a frame?
    That bites. Maybe you can put the word out that you are wanting to trade your small frame for a medium frame. Maybe there is someone out there that has a medium that needs a small.

mtbr member
    Also, call Yeti. They may not be able to do anything since the shop isnt with em anymore, but at least let em know. I wouldnt expect a new frame or anything, but maybe they have a trade in program or something, and also, their demo bikes will be for sale soon.

good luck

Matt

The former Blue 'Goose
    Don't the bikes have little stickers on the frame that indicate the size?

That's a hard deal to deal with.

One thought:

Sell what you've got and use the proceeds towards something that is
    the proper size.

Another thought:

Try buying a medium frame for the same bike if you really like it.

But yeah, contact Yeti and see what they say.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The sticker sits on the down tbe for the seat posr and the LBS covered it and others with their shops decals.

mtbr member
    Damn! Hope it works out. Congrats to you for not knocking somebodys head off.

Ant

mtbr member
    You might want to consider a complaint to the Better Business Bureau too. Especially if you have a receipt that has the serial number with the wrong size on it. I mean, if they put their sticker on over the frame size sticker, they knew they were screwing you........

Dean

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanoldo
    You might want to consider a complaint to the Better Business Bureau too. Especially if you have a receipt that has the serial number with the wrong size on it. I mean, if they put their sticker on over the frame size sticker, they knew they were screwing you........

Dean
    Heck, if you have all that, I would just take them to small claims court and sue them. They may want to work with you once they get the summons...

Hi!!!
    Wait...I've had my Yeti for nearly a year and I've never noticed that there was a size sticker anywhere. Does someone have a pic of one? Ehhh but then again my bike is usually pretty damn dirty .

Did you actually measure the bike to compare it to the measurements on the Yeti site?
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Stray Bullet
    Small claims court...

surly inbred
    It took two years to figure this out?

surly inbred
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Does someone have a pic of one?

Hi!!!
    Here is the best pic of the rearside of my bike. I have a MTBR sticker underneath the Yeti badge on the seat tube, but I swear that I've never seen a size sticker anywhere on my bike. FWIW...I have an '05. I'll have to look at it again later.

http://www.fototime.com/{FF53B2E1-035E-4CAC-B9AF-ACEAC342AD4E}/picture.JPG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Heck, if you have all that, I would just take them to small claims court and sue them. They may want to work with you once they get the summons...
    Nevermind, I didn't read the original post closely enough.

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Here is the best pic of the rearside of my bike. I have a MTBR sticker underneath the Yeti badge on the seat tube, but I swear that I've never seen a size sticker anywhere on my bike. FWIW...I have an '05. I'll have to look at it again later.

Fixed your image tags

bg.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanoldo

Dean
    You've gotta be kidding. it's been 2 years! The best that could be expected is maybe a deal on a new one, even then, why even expect that? 2 years man, most of my bikes arn't even two years old before I replace them.

Anyways, most shop warranties are for like 90 days, after that TS.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

how to tell the size of a Yeti frame

there should be an S,M or L as a part of the serial number on the botton bracket.

mtbr member
    May 2006

mine too!!

supposedly medium 575 less then a month old. guess what?? no sticker on my downtube either. got me curious, so i flipped the bike over and the serial number has an S at the end. so i got a small frame instead of medium?? i would like to know for sure before raising holy hell at the bike shop!!

Hi!!!
    Just do some measurements and compare them against what is on the Yeti site.

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNBIKE_TELE
    same thing happend to me. but I figured it out in 5 months. at the very least yeti should give you a crash replacement deal. titus swaped me out for $150.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    glad i found this thread. from above my medium frame is a small. my lbs is taking care of the mix up. i only had the bike two weeks. i feel for some of the others and the issues they've had. quickly learning "buyer beware"!!