Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    25

    WOW - I'm officially "SOLD" on my new 575

    All I can say is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE. This bike is truly amazing. I've been on a Stumpy FSR XC Pro (2000) for the last five years. And, while I've made mods to it, it isn't even close to the 575 pleasure ride.

    When I was looking for bikes I was pretty close to buying the ASR-SL. I talked to Seth at Yeti (who gave me an impromptu tour as well) and he said that I should look into the 575. I'm glad he did.

    Anyway, I've recently taken in to Moab and have put another 200 miles on it along the front range. I just can't say enought about this bike!
    Last edited by guilow; 06-13-2006 at 12:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by guilow
    All I can say is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE. This bike is truly amazing. I've been on a Stumpy FSR XC Pro (2000) for the last five years. And, while I've made mods to it, it isn't even close to the 575 pleasure ride.

    When I was looking for bikes I was pretty close to buying the ASR-SL. I talked to Seth at Yeti (who gave me an impromptu tour as well) and he said that I should look into the 575. I'm glad he did.

    Anyway, I've recently taken in to Moab and have put another 200 miles on it along the front range. I just can't say enought about this bike!
    Yep, thrilled with mine as well. I think they are really a perfect "Front Range bike", as they pedal well uphill and rip on the downs.

    Where on the Front Range are you located? I'm up in Boulder County, but ride in JeffCo quite a bit. Right now though I'm riding high to avoid this heat wave that has overtaken us.

    But I gotta ask.....where are the pics?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Where on the Front Range are you located?
    Evergreen

    [/QUOTE]But I gotta ask.....where are the pics?[/QUOTE]

    I'm having too much fun to stop and take pics! I should take some this weekend. I'm heading up to Winter Park to ride some trails.

  4. #4
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by guilow
    I should take some this weekend. I'm heading up to Winter Park to ride some trails.
    I may end up there as well. Thinking about seeing where my fitness is with a Tipperary Creek big loop. Maybe I'll see you up there.

    I've got a Team Turq 575 with a Pike up front.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I may end up there as well. Thinking about seeing where my fitness is with a Tipperary Creek big loop. Maybe I'll see you up there.

    I've got a Team Turq 575 with a Pike up front.
    I'll look for ya! I have the Turq as well (no Pike).

  6. #6
    crash and burn at 45
    Reputation: drydirtrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    250
    love the torquoise 575, saw one on thurs out by 3 sisters, acutally saw 4 575's while i was there, a couple on a gold and white one and some other gent that "recognized"

  7. #7
    In my mind, I can do it!
    Reputation: iviguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by guilow
    All I can say is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE. This bike is truly amazing. I've been on a Stumpy FSR XC Pro (2000) for the last five years. And, while I've made mods to it, it isn't even close to the 575 pleasure ride.

    When I was looking for bikes I was pretty close to buying the ASR-SL. I talked to Seth at Yeti (who gave me an impromptu tour as well) and he said that I should look into the 575. I'm glad he did.

    Anyway, I've recently taken in to Moab and have put another 200 miles on it along the front range. I just can't say enought about this bike!
    It's quite a jump in performance over the FSRxc. I know all to well because the bike I was riding before this 575 was a Rockhopper FSRxc 2002 model. It rode like a modified hardtail bike. It was not very forgiving over the roots and rocks and stuff. I got pretty fatigued on it after about an hour of riding as well. Now on the 575, I feel pretty good after an hour and could go for another hour no problem because I don't get all beat up on this bike. Honestly I think it corners better, turns better, climbs much better, and of course descending isn't even a contest. I have even bested my time on the trail I normally ride.

    This is a great bike. I'm having to get used to the amount of travel, it feels so different. It feels nice and plush but not what I am used to. The more I ride it though the better it feels. It's still very firm under pedaling but small to large bumps just seem to disappear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •