Bad Case of the Mondays

Winter is for upgrades - my 575 is about to get better

Dropped my 575 off up the road at PUSH Industries today for some tuning of the RP3. This will be the first non-tires upgrade I've done since building up my 575.

I loved what PUSH did for my last bike's suspension, so this is something I've been wanting to do since getting it. However, I felt it would be best to get in significant miles on the "stock" RP3 so I would have a good baseline.

After the bike gets back from PUSH I'll give a full writeup of the mods and how the overall ride was changed.

Also planning some drivetrain upgrades like some new shifters and a rear der, and of course some new tires too...

More to follow.

trail "cleaner"

got my RP3 back from PUSH...

Recently. What I've noticed is that with the lever in plush mode.... It certainly is a plusher ride. While in the max propedal setting... the Yeti rides firm and when I switch the AM1 to lockout position, it feels like a fully rigid bike. Great for any pavement/smooth encounters. Figured a 'Push' treatment wouldn't be too much more than a Fox rebuild since the shock was 2 yrs old.
    No dabs allowed!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Nice!

Keep us posted on the upgrades, Jdub!

AZmtncycler, I would be interested to know your thought on the Push upgrade too...

Cheers

trail "cleaner"

The biggest difference........

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Nice!

Keep us posted on the upgrades, Jdub!

AZmtncycler, I would be interested to know your thought on the Push upgrade too...

Cheers
    I could feel between the stock RP3 and the "pushed" version is that the baby head sized rock hits all but disappeared with the "Pushed" shock while in the 'plush' setting. Suspension feels almost bottomless. much less 'spikey' on the square hits. If you ride with the lever in the middle position.... can't really tell the difference between "Pushed" and stock RP3. Again... In max propedal setting the "Pushed" shock is quite a bit stiffer than the stock RP3. I think it's a worthy upgrade especially when the shock is ready for a rebuild (which mine was).
    No dabs allowed!

Thanks... good to know... I have an RP23, but might be an option to "push it" down the road.

Cheers

Who is John Galt?
    So did you guys give them some idea what you wanted done or did you just leave that up to them? I'm pretty happy with the RP23, but wouldn't mind having the Vanilla fork worked over.
    What, me hurry?

trail "cleaner"

depends...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    So did you guys give them some idea what you wanted done or did you just leave that up to them? I'm pretty happy with the RP23, but wouldn't mind having the Vanilla fork worked over.
    For the RP3 and 23... they add their own special valving disk and the only option is adding a rubber bumpstop in case you are bottoming out the shock a bunch. Since I DON'T bottom out the shock much I opted not for bumpstop. Other than that.... I don't think there is any other 'special' treatment they perform WRT custom valving.
    No dabs allowed!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    You give them your weight, bike type, riding style and special requtests when you fill out the order sheet. You can call up and give them specific requests/information.

I wanted more range in the three settings, much like what AZmtncycler is referring to, so I just chatted with them about that for a bit.

Bomber
    they also put in some torco fluid, i beilive it is a slightly different viscosity so it will change the damping just a touch.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    More to follow.
    Well I picked up my 575 yesterday after letting it hand out at PUSH for about a month. The good news is that it got the super PUSH shock treatment and the fork rebuilt.

The bad news is that we've got 2ft of snow on the ground here in Colorado, with more to come tomorrow. Darren did make the comment that he would like to build up a 575, which is a pretty serious compliment coming for the guru.

Maybe if Fruita dries out I'll haul the 575 out to Moab or Fruita, otherwise it will likely be a month at least before I get to report back on the trail test of the PUSH'd 575.

Who is John Galt?
    Well I picked up my 575 yesterday after letting it hand out at PUSH for about a month. The good news is that it got the super PUSH shock treatment and the fork rebuilt.

The bad news is that we've got 2ft of snow on the ground here in Colorado, with more to come tomorrow. Darren did make the comment that he would like to build up a 575, which is a pretty serious compliment coming for the guru.

Maybe if Fruita dries out I'll haul the 575 out to Moab or Fruita, otherwise it will likely be a month at least before I get to report back on the trail test of the PUSH'd 575.
    Don't let 2 feet of snow slow you down! Get one of these.

Or maybe one of these:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member

Cool bike

Don't let 2 feet of snow slow you down! Get one of these.

Or maybe one of these:
    Thanks for posting
    GB

Bummer about all that snow, but please keep us posted on the upgrades

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Bummer about all that snow, but please keep us posted on the upgrades
    Not really a bummer, just gotta learn to adapt (i.e. skiing!)...

Looks like a pretty good melt off coming this week, and if we can keep precip free for a couple weeks some trails will start to open up. I'm anxious to give it a try that is for sure.

Not really a bummer, just gotta learn to adapt (i.e. skiing!)...

Looks like a pretty good melt off coming this week, and if we can keep precip free for a couple weeks some trails will start to open up. I'm anxious to give it a try that is for sure.
    Gotcha!

Gotta keep the cross-training going