EDR

New question here. Who paints Yeti frames?

Specifically the 575. Anyone know?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    give a call to the fine folks at spectrum. http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/
    they do all the paint work on most of the yeti's, even the 575. was going to get them to refinish my arc ti to the current paint job, but have decided to sell it.

In my mind, I can do it!
    I think it's Chen and Yang in Taiwan that normally do the painting of the 575 for Yeti... In fact Chen had this quote when interviewed about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen
    We enjoy the fact that 575 frames are painted. Here we let us use 21 hour for week 7 day, day everyday paint in Taiwan. Yeti pays the month $5 of our works to us elegantly. We appreciate very.

Or were you asking who could do an after market paint job?? LOL...

On your left.
    Jan 2004

what size

what size is your Ti Arc?

Quote Originally Posted by alohavolley
    give a call to the fine folks at spectrum. http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/
    they do all the paint work on most of the yeti's, even the 575. was going to get them to refinish my arc ti to the current paint job, but have decided to sell it.
    M

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They have a 303 painted in this pic. I wonder if they paint the 303 frames?

http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/images/bp/bp335.jpg

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    In the first video on their site you can see a Yeti front triangle in team colors in the back, looks like an ASR or 575 front....

So it might be that they do the paint for Yeti...

Cheers,
    Cris

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo

So it might be that they do the paint for Yeti...

Cheers,
    Cris
    They do. They do not supply touch up paint,however. That is what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 08-30-2006 at 09:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Its an ASR in the background. mmmm so my bike was painted by Spectrum Works was it.

I'm a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    Its an ASR in the background. mmmm so my bike was painted by Spectrum Works was it.
    all the Colorado built frames are painted by Spectrum. I don't think the bikes built overseas are painted by them, but I'm not positive about that.

i like cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    They do not supply touch up paint,however. That is what I'm looking for.
    This'll do the trick..
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My ASR Carbon is a Spectrum Work job then.

So if Spectrum do all Colarado bikes. Why cant we choose a custom design on purchase. I would have liked a Silver ASR with classic YETI decals. And Carbon rear.

Why dont Yeti do what Klein do. And have a custom option on their site. So we can build our bikes and preview the colours and options.

Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    They do. They do not supply touch up paint,however. That is what I'm looking for.
    If you need touch up paint, maybe you could at least ask them what color code of your frame is. Here is their color table http://www.spectrumpowderworks.com/spwdesign.htm

You might be able to find model paint with the color code, or some paint at an auto paint store...

Just a suggestion...

Cheers,
    Cris

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    You might be able to find model paint with the color code, or some paint at an auto paint store...

Just a suggestion...

Cheers,
    Cris
    They told me I could take the bike to an auto paint store and they could match it. The only problem with that is auto paint is often $35 to $100 a quart. I need like an ounce, which nobody will mix up. I would think a pint is the minimum.

I'll check the spectrum paint codes just for fun though, thanks.

Bummer! I hope you find a way around this...maybe you can color match your bike and car

mtbr member
    My ASR Carbon is a Spectrum Work job then.

So if Spectrum do all Colarado bikes. Why cant we choose a custom design on purchase. I would have liked a Silver ASR with classic YETI decals. And Carbon rear.

Why dont Yeti do what Klein do. And have a custom option on their site. So we can build our bikes and preview the colours and options.
    Not sure if Spectrum does all the Yeti bikes. I'm guessing they do the team bikes and prototype/one off bikes. Spectrum is not cheap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If I had the option when I ordered my bike I would have got a Spectrum custom job.

I live in the UK and it will now cost me more to get it done than a small additional fee that could have been put on my original order.

I'm a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Not sure if Spectrum does all the Yeti bikes. I'm guessing they do the team bikes and prototype/one off bikes. Spectrum is not cheap.
    I'm pretty sure they do all the CO built frames.

EDR
    If I had the option when I ordered my bike I would have got a Spectrum custom job.

I live in the UK and it will now cost me more to get it done than a small additional fee that could have been put on my original order.
    I think many feel the same way. Something to consider is Yeti is a relatively small company that can't offer as much as say.....Santa Cruz. This small company feeling is also a reason why we love Yeti and feel a connection.....a 'tribal' feeling so to speak.....

banned
    I'm sure if you ask nicely enough and are willing the wait enough, as well as pay enough, one can make arrangements with Yeti that when the frames makes it to Spectrum, a scheme discussed between the buyer and Spectrum can be made.