Spin-stabilized

Where them trail riding pics?

My tailbone is still sore from riding in Oregon (McKenzie River trail) this weekend. That was one awesome ride! There was not a dull moment. It's 99% superfun singletrack. The scenery was amazing! The color green really is easy on the eyes. I would call it the most highly entertaining singletrack ride that I've ever done.
    We had a late start so we shuttled it and rode "down" from the trailhead about 1 mile north of Clear lake. We spent more time picture taking than riding. The trail is actually rolling and never too steep in either direction except for some lava sections (chutes and short tech climbs). There's lots of technical (not super scary or super steep) riding around the lava fields on the upper 10 miles of the trail. The rest is just fast and tight buff singletrack. I highly recommend this trail in the summer when there's less of a chance to get caught in a hailstorm/thunderstorm. Yes, 5 minutes before we reached our campsite near the bottom of the trail, we got pelted hard with marble-sized hailstones and got completely soaked by heavy rain. The rest of the ride was in perfect somewhat sunny weather though.

Here are some pictures, sorry about the blurry ones. We've got shaky hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spin-stabilized

More pics from Oregon

Here's more

1.Tamolitch falls (the BLue Pool)
    2.Sahalie falls
    3.Blurry singletrack shots
    4.more riding in the green
    5. trailside picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi!!!
    WOW!!!! Totally awesome pix!!!

Some folks I know from the Idaho board are heading to Oregon for a week long MTB vacation. I do believe they were gonna ride the MRT.

The MRT has been on my "To-Do" list for a couple of years. What kind of climbing/descending is involved or is it more of a rolling type of trail?

Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Spin-stabilized

Not a whole lot of climbing...

but I do believe that riding it south to north would be more difficult as the trail is inclined that way. It's more like a loooooooong but not so steep ramp with LOTS of bumps (small moderate to slightly steep technical climbs and descents). The top of the "ramp" would be the northern end of the trail. I think it's a good SS speed trail as I only used my middle ring and maybe a couple of gears 17 or 18t for the whole thing and never had any problems with the hills. Some people do the whole thing as an out and back on singlespeeds but I wouldn't necessarilly recommend it (that's about 54 miles if you do the whole thing both ways!).

Anyway, if you like techy ups and downs, this trail's got it (about 40%). The rest is just fun and fast twisty stuff in the woods. It's all good man, just do it! If you want to do an out and back, plan to spend at least 6 to 8 hours of riding (stops not included). The techy sections will slow you down. We only did a North to south ride which was easier as the trail trended downhill for the most part. I'm coming back in the summer to do the North Umpqua River trail. We were gonna check it out before we left OR but the weather was bad.

Happy trails