Tribe member

When will there be deals? (575)

When do you think we'll start seeing the 575 frame prices drop and be blown out? I'm looking for a new bike for next year, and I've always wanted a 575. If the price is right, I'll probably try and talk the wife into letting me get one to build up. I'd love to find one around $1000 through Jenson or Wrench Science. Who else will be getting a 26" and not the 27.5"?

LCW
    mtbr member
    Probably won't be. I don't think there was a ton if stock or leftover. Yeti usually produces small quantities and there isn't much excess like with bigger companies like say Trek or Spesh.
    2011 Yeti 575 - Fox Float 36 RC2 160 - 31.5 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I would bet November.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by feltbee View Post
    Who else will be getting a 26" and not the 27.5"?
    I just put a down payment on a 66c, it is being built this weekend. Got a few hundred off. Enough to pay for a chainguide and a reverb.

I was obsessed with the new shiny 650b bikes and while the Bronson was a really great bike I really had an amazing experience with the 66c demo. I like both wheels I could see and feel some benefit with the 27.5 but it wasnt the end all be all for me.

It is funny looking back on how I was stuck on only looking at 650B. My LBS demo program gave me three bikes to try and on the third one I just wanted to ride the 66c for the heck of it. I think it is all about the complete package not just wheel size.

mtbr member
    Interesting thread.
    I'm on a about 1 1/2 year old ASR 5C that I love. Amazing bike (especially with a 140 fork) but I've been looking around for a frame with a BIT more travel and a BIT more plush. Not huge, just a little more.
    Ideally to get the new Pike fork but carry over everything else.
    There's lots of great bikes out (SB 66C, Ibis HDR, Knolly Endorphin, Pivot 5.7C, to name just a few) but I'm a little reluctant to spend around $3G for a frame when 26 are obviously on their way out.
    I'm not saying I think the 27/650B is better but it's clear especially after Eurobike that within a few years 26 is done in the 140-160mm range.
    Which brings me to the 575. They're already fairly decently priced and if i can get one for a couple hundred off then that's starting to look appealing. I'd be a lot more willing to spend that on a wheel size that - SADLY - is being made obsolete.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jon123 View Post
    Interesting thread.
    There's lots of great bikes out (SB 66C, Ibis HDR, Knolly Endorphin, Pivot 5.7C, to name just a few) but I'm a little reluctant to spend around $3G for a frame when 26 are obviously on their way out.
    I totally understand I have been wondering if its the right decision as far a financial responsibility goes. But I figure I will have the bike at least four years and some upgrades will be made in that time but most of the parts will be pretty worn. So transferring 2014 bits to a 2019 or 2020 bike would not make sense. Also, I dont baby my bikes so I cant see re sale on 27.5 vs 26 being much different. But hey thats my thought process. Oh and Ill be a multi millionaire by then so this all just wont matter .

As far as 26er being obsolete, Well, I just dont think wheels and tires will stop being made at least by most bigger manufactures. So that leaves the fork and I can not think I will go through more than 2 different forks in the life of the bike, and there are plenty of amazing 26er forks coming out for 2014 and I bet the same will be said for 2015.

may be by 2020 it will be dead and my next bike will be a 650B. All I know is I will have the same amount of fun regardless of the wheel size.

one last thing, hopefully in a few years drivetrain will be on everyone's mind. bikes with out the need for derailers with even better suspension design and reliability seems more important than wheel size and that is when you make sure to buy the new shiny stuff.