Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Grand Master Jedi

When do 2018's start to drop?

Finally ready to buy and the 5.5 is sold out in the color/model I want... wondering when 2018's start to arrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My bike shop told me Yeti builds to demand so they get shipments in every month or two ...which is a lot sooner than 2018!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Typically announce mid-Sept during annual trade show then deliver Oct/Nov to dealers.

Grand Master Jedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp View Post
    My bike shop told me Yeti builds to demand so they get shipments in every month or two ...which is a lot sooner than 2018!
    Yeah, but my LBS is telling me the 2017 SB5.5 is completely unavailable for the remainder of the season...

mtbr member
    I call BS.

What size/color are you looking for. Plenty of options still available on Competitive Cyclist.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yeti is out of stock, but I can't believe they aren't getting more... That said, if you want one soon, you should jump on one in stock from somewhere like Competitive Cyclist.
    If white is the "new black", then thanks but I'll stick with the old black...

mtbr member
    Could there be a refreshed SB5.5 in the works? I'd expect the tubed style SB5 internal cable routing and a metric shock.

mtbr member
    I'd think the sb6 refresh will come first, the sb55 is the newest bike after the v2 5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    I'd think the sb6 refresh will come first, the sb55 is the newest bike after the v2 5
    You're probably right, but I bet the whole lineup gets the SB5 tubed style internal cable routing eventually.

mtbr member
    Backcountry has a ton of bikes on eBay right now..fyi

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    SB 5.5 TURQ in silver will not be available any more in 2017. Yeti is out of stock.

2018 5.5 will come in black instead. What about other changes in this model, anybody?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slickx View Post
    SB 5.5 TURQ in silver will not be available any more in 2017. Yeti is out of stock.

2018 5.5 will come in black instead. What about other changes in this model, anybody?
    So when does the 2018 black come available?

mtbr member
    Competitive Cyclist has the silver 5.5 Turq frames in M, L and XL.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmkid85 View Post
    Typically announce mid-Sept during annual trade show then deliver Oct/Nov to dealers.
    False. That is when they announced the 5cv2 and 5c+ ... but that isn't "typical"

E.G. 5.5 was announced April 12th

I've confirmed bike shops aren't able to order the bike right now. Smells like a refresh is IMMINENT

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slickx View Post

What a horrible decision. Every frickin bike out there is black. Though I guess that's probably the point.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I wanted to order a turquoise SB6c large frame a couple of weeks ago from the Yeti dealer here in Norway, i was told then that there are no one available before the 2018 models are coming in.
    So i ordered a black/carbon frame instead, but now i has started woundering about this...

I think that the 2018 model likely will come with the same internal routing as the SB5c, it would been nice to have, but not a major point for me....
    But if the 2018 comes with an update geo, and the week after the release and bikemags have got their hands on it, praises it's fantastic handeling over it's predecessor, i'm going to weep blood...
    Last edited by Nikno; 05-05-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    False. That is when they announced the 5cv2 and 5c+ ... but that isn't "typical"

E.G. 5.5 was announced April 12th

I've confirmed bike shops aren't able to order the bike right now. Smells like a refresh is IMMINENT
    Also false. We just released the SB55 thirteen months ago, so I think it's safe to assume there will not be any major changes to that for a while. Yes, our stock is very low or sold out on certain sizes/colors, but that's only because demand on that bike was ridiculously high this year, and we didn't expect that kind of stratospheric growth.

Cheers,
    JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Also false. We just released the SB55 thirteen months ago, so I think it's safe to assume there will not be any major changes to that for a while. Yes, our stock is very low or sold out on certain sizes/colors, but that's only because demand on that bike was ridiculously high this year, and we didn't expect that kind of stratospheric growth.

Cheers,
    JP
    When do you expect more inventory?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    When do you expect more inventory?
    I can't speak for the domestic warehouse, but our international warehouse will have a small re-supply in July and then more again around the end of the summer. If you want a 5.5, my best advice is to call your shop ASAP and if they don't have exactly what you want, ask to get in the queue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What about a new ASR?
    ASR-C

ARC Carbon- 9kg of awesomeness- reitred
    SB-95C- play bike- retired

mtbr member

New question here.

I can't speak for the domestic warehouse, but our international warehouse will have a small re-supply in July and then more again around the end of the summer. If you want a 5.5, my best advice is to call your shop ASAP and if they don't have exactly what you want, ask to get in the queue.
    Can you speak to the post above about the 2018 5.5 coming in black?

If it's true, I may hold out.

While I love the turquoise, I don't love the glossiness of it. I really like the black on the other models especially being more matte. That combined with turquoise accents...my two favorite colors

Thank you!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by m3bas View Post
    What about a new ASR?
    Quote Originally Posted by forealz View Post
    Can you speak to the post above about the 2018 5.5 coming in black?
    Sorry guys, but competition is tough for a small company like us, so we have to keep our cards pretty close to the vest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if we don't have a bike you think you'll be happy on, waiting around for us to produce a new model/color/etc. is a bad strategy. We'd absolutely hate to see you go, but we're all riders ourselves and would rather see you out having fun on someone else's bike than riding a Yeti you aren't stoked about (or even worse, not riding at all while you wait for something new from us that may never materialize).

The really good news is that we're proud of our current lineup and think we have plenty to offer all of our customers. We hope you agree!

Cheers,
    JP

Ridin bikes is fun
    Hello John, I ordered a 5.5 Truq Eagle (Large Silver) from Jenson on the 4th last month April. I've received two emails stating that it would ship today, when I called today they said they have not received it from Yeti. They said that they may be able to get a turquoise color easier. Is that the case? Do you think I'm in for a wait until July or longer?
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hypothetical...how does this affect warranty or crash replacement spares? If anyone's going lay their new 5.5 over on a pointy rock it'll be me, it might not be tomorrow or next week but it will happen, when it does I hope to be able to get parts, I know the guys at Summit will look after me but If there's no parts available...

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
    Hello John, I ordered a 5.5 Truq Eagle (Large Silver) from Jenson on the 4th last month April. I've received two emails stating that it would ship today, when I called today they said they have not received it from Yeti. They said that they may be able to get a turquoise color easier. Is that the case? Do you think I'm in for a wait until July or longer?
    Jenson will know the answer to this better than me. I only deal with sales outside the USA, so I can't speak to domestic sales or stock levels.

Sorry I can't help on this one!
    JP

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by nzhumpy View Post
    Hypothetical...how does this affect warranty or crash replacement spares? If anyone's going lay their new 5.5 over on a pointy rock it'll be me, it might not be tomorrow or next week but it will happen, when it does I hope to be able to get parts, I know the guys at Summit will look after me but If there's no parts available...
    We keep a completely separate supply of spares in our warranty warehouse (that neither the domestic nor international sales folks can touch). Ride with confidence.
    JP

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    We keep a completely separate supply of spares in our warranty warehouse (that neither the domestic nor international sales folks can touch). Ride with confidence.
    JP
    Great news, thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Just had the best experience with Summit with my 4.5c. Triangle wasn't in AU stock so they had one sent. Back on the trails in 10 working days.

Thank you John P, yeti and the Summit boys its service like this that has me lining up to get another Yeti. That warranty supply is a real asset.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    it's good to know that. What happened to your 4.5??
    Quote Originally Posted by RonGooley View Post
    Just had the best experience with Summit with my 4.5c. Triangle wasn't in AU stock so they had one sent. Back on the trails in 10 working days.

Thank you John P, yeti and the Summit boys its service like this that has me lining up to get another Yeti. That warranty supply is a real asset.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Just a little info here, I was able to order my bike through competitive cyclist today. The large silver SB 5.5 Truq with the eagle build. I understand they still have a couple in stock.

Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Hi John, is there a SB5 in Medium left? I would love the Yeti Blue in regular or the Beti? with an eagle XO build

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hopefully the French distributor will adjust the price on frame only for 2018.
    4500 euros compared to 3500$ is a huge difference, even with tax.

Based on what I heard around here, it's not the best publicity for Yeti.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    What about a new ASR?
    Any news on the 2018 ASR remodel with new color scheme or new model?

Fun seeker
    Not to revive an old thread i just received my order on a sb5 turq I think its still a 2017 but they spec'd it with a 2018 fox factory 34 and a '18 shock. I guess i got a 2017.5 lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    1 st August 2018 SB5.5 will be dropping! Two new colors!

Fun seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by nickit78 View Post
    Whats the colors. I heard blue is one of them

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    One of them should be black.

mtbr member

yeti should stick to turquoise and raw black on all the frames! kind of the brand identity in my opinion!
    Last edited by mfa81; 07-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    do you have any source on this or just "a friend told you." I recently sold my MTB in preparation for a new bike, but I can hold off a few weeks and just roadbike if this is deemed to be true! I want the new new.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by arm121 View Post
    do you have any source on this or just "a friend told you." I recently sold my MTB in preparation for a new bike, but I can hold off a few weeks and just roadbike if this is deemed to be true! I want the new new.
    I'm in the same boat. Narrowed it down to SB 5.5 and HT LT for my next bike. Leaning SB 5.5 as the LT just seems a little cobbled together. But if a new SB 5.5 is coming out I can wait. However I've heard no new changes. Just new colors. I really like the 2017 silver!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Narrowed it down to SB 5.5 and HT LT for my next bike. Leaning SB 5.5 as the LT just seems a little cobbled together. But if a new SB 5.5 is coming out I can wait. However I've heard no new changes. Just new colors. I really like the 2017 silver!
    Same two bikes for me man. I'm sure the 2018s will get the new Fox stuff (and hopefully the Performance Elite fork, as opposed to the Performance fork on the 2017). HT LT looks great and its my fallback bike, but I've been drooling over Yeti's for a while.

As far as colors go, i love the silver 2017's as well, but that Yeti Turquoise pops! If they drop silver and offer Turquoise or matte Black for the 2018 models, i'll have a tough choice, as the black looks fantastic as well!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Same two bikes for me man. I'm sure the 2018s will get the new Fox stuff (and hopefully the Performance Elite fork, as opposed to the Performance fork on the 2017). HT LT looks great and its my fallback bike, but I've been drooling over Yeti's for a while.

As far as colors go, i love the silver 2017's as well, but that Yeti Turquoise pops! If they drop silver and offer Turquoise or matte Black for the 2018 models, i'll have a tough choice, as the black looks fantastic as well!
    Seems like even the late '17s are getting the '18 fox stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Seems like even the late '17s are getting the '18 fox stuff.
    hmm that would be fantastic as well (although still hope to see internal guides for the frame)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    arm121: It is just a 'friend' who is a 'source'. I deem you should wait a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    arm121: It is just a 'friend' who is a 'source'. I deem you should wait a few weeks.
    Lol i'm guessing that might mean a good tip.. drop me a PM if you can

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My Local Dealer called me today and said my 2018 SB6 will ship on Monday 7-17-17

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tom erb View Post
    My Local Dealer called me today and said my 2018 SB6 will ship on Monday 7-17-17
    how do you know its a 2018??? Yeti hasn't announced them. This is SO HYPE though.

mtbr member
    I'm also waiting for a 5.5

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I want a silver ASR. PLEASE

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My 2018 TURQ SB6 came in today............Frame with shock is 2935 grams with rear axle removed but with seat post clamp.

mtbr member
    My 2018 TURQ SB6 came in today............Frame with shock is 2935 grams with rear axle removed but with seat post clamp.
    no pics, it didn't happen!

Team Velveeta™
    I'm also waiting for a 5.5
    FYI, anybody who could make it to Salida, CO can grab one of the sb5.5s or sb5s we have in stock. Check our inventory here:

Bikes - Absolute Bikes Salida, CO - 719-539-9295
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    What shock?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Did it comes with internal cable guides (not hollow)? The sb5 2017 was the first frame to have them, figure all 2018 frames would follow suit.

mtbr member
    Did it comes with internal cable guides (not hollow)? The sb5 2017 was the first frame to have them, figure all 2018 frames would follow suit.
    I wouldn't expect them too. It'll take a frame re-design/mold changes to fit the internal guides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Well that's disappointing.. Honestly the idea of having cables smacking around the inside of my $6k bike is disheartening and the solution of stuffing said $6k bike frame with random crap is silly

mtbr member
    this bike doesn't exist yet, at least not to our eyes! I will continue to be skeptical of a 2018 sb6 unless I see pictures of said bike!

mtbr member
    Well that's disappointing.. Honestly the idea of having cables smacking around the inside of my $6k bike is disheartening and the solution of stuffing said $6k bike frame with random crap is silly
    Heh, my SB6 is noisy as hell due to that. Tried some foam inserts, no worky. Still trying to find a solution

mtbr member
    FFS, then get something else. There are a ton of amazing bikes on the market. I have a SB6 and all it took to make it dead silent was some foam sleeves over the cables in the downtube. Hardly random and zero trouble if you are building the bike from the frame up.

mtbr member
    I've heard not to expect any big changes from a couple local shops. Kind of disappointing. Hoping Yeti was going to jump into the steeper STA game the way some of the other companies are headed. I was hoping to see this on the 5.5 and 6. Leaning towards that new Orbea now...
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    does anyone know when you will be able to order an asr carbon.... and does anybody remember when and what kind of discounts sites like jenson and competitive cyclist had on the leftovers. if i could get a 2017 asr carbon xt/slx build for 20% off i would scoop one up as fast as i could transfer the funds.

adam

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    does anyone know when you will be able to order an asr carbon.... and does anybody remember when and what kind of discounts sites like jenson and competitive cyclist had on the leftovers. if i could get a 2017 asr carbon xt/slx build for 20% off i would scoop one up as fast as i could transfer the funds.

adam
    the only frame they have is at 35% I'm guessing when they had more available it would have been 25% or even 30%

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    being patient sucks. i saw that frame to bad it is a small.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    When do 2018's start to drop?-img_0963.jpg
    The only big news on yeti's drop plan for 2018, is Team replica SB6.
    The others have just 2018 specs.
    For the SB55 Turq the colors availaible will be turquoise, and raw black with blue storm details, I wait it for september.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    2018 5.5's will not be different, other than the discontinuing of the silver in favor of "raw" (matte black)

I'm having my 2018 5.5c being build now and should receive by end of the week!

mtbr member
    so really no frame changes in the lineup other than color and/or build spec?

any idea if the team replica will be available as frame only?

mtbr member
    so really no frame changes in the lineup other than color and/or build spec?

any idea if the team replica will be available as frame only?
    I would think not. Its probably will be full bike only so you get all the team sponsor parts.. I guess it would be sold much like the 30th anniversary bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The ASR is being updated
    ASR-C

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The ASR is being updated
    care to elaborate a little more. what are the updates and when will the bike be released?

mtbr member

seems like team frame colors but not spec, wondering if the replica would be a spec only build and the orange details will be on all turquoise frames

this instagram feed has some other photos

mtbr member
    May 2017
    This popped up on my Insta account today.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulc86 View Post
    This popped up on my Insta account today.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Mine also and to me looks photoshopped

mtbr member
    I'm wondering if anything new will be announced besides color ways and new build kit parts
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Mine also and to me looks photoshopped
    2nd that. The shadows on the frame are exactly the same as on yeti's website. Also full of 2016 components. But great fodder non the less!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    I'm wondering if anything new will be announced besides color ways and new build kit parts
    DAMN. My insider says no big changes.

What new bike are you going to buy if nothing has changed??!!

HAHA just giving you $hit. I was actually thinking about grabbing a 2018 5.5 this fall but I want something with a steeper STA. It helps with climbing so much not sure I'll buy a bike with less then a 75* eff. angle ever again. That new orbea rallon though...
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    DAMN. My insider says no big changes.

What new bike are you going to buy if nothing has changed??!!

HAHA just giving you $hit. I was actually thinking about grabbing a 2018 5.5 this fall but I want something with a steeper STA. It helps with climbing so much not sure I'll buy a bike with less then a 75* eff. angle ever again. That new orbea rallon though...
    Your right on the money Street....The new Rallon on paper looks perfect not to mention the design of the frame is stunning. That would be a nice complement to your Enduro 29
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Your right on the money Street....The new Rallon on paper looks perfect not to mention the design of the frame is stunning. That would be a nice complement to your Enduro 29
    Enduro is sold. Broke my shoulder practicing for the last BME so figured I'd recoup some money until I can grab a new '18 in fall when I can hopefully ride again. Honestly I was really hoping to jump on a 5.5 or even a 6 (and still might). There's not much out there besides the orbea that is jumping out at me for 2018. There's not a lot of local support for the brand though, and I'm not sure I can get any hookups with them. We'll see.... whatever I end up with will have an 11-6 or DHX2 and push internals fork.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

seems like team frame colors but not spec, wondering if the replica would be a spec only build and the orange details will be on all turquoise frames

this instagram feed has some other photos
    Went to that IG account. Looks like the 4.5 is in there in black?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Enduro is sold. Broke my shoulder practicing for the last BME so figured I'd recoup some money until I can grab a new '18 in fall when I can hopefully ride again. Honestly I was really hoping to jump on a 5.5 or even a 6 (and still might). There's not much out there besides the orbea that is jumping out at me for 2018. There's not a lot of local support for the brand though, and I'm not sure I can get any hookups with them. We'll see.... whatever I end up with will have an 11-6 or DHX2 and push internals fork.
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder and hopefully you heal up soon and get back stronger than ever. I dislocated my shoulder 2 months ago in Santa Cruz and was lucky it wasn't worse than that....I had to put it back in place on my own.

Keep us up to date on what bike you choose.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Where/WHen will be my best bet to get a slightly used/demo'd/discounted unused 2016 or 2017 4.5?

mtbr member
    Bill, A 2017 Turq SB4.5 used frame is on ebay currently for under $1,900. It had a few nicks but I'd buy that frame if I was in the market for one as it's just a bit dirty in the photos. Not sure what size you need but check it out.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Bill, A 2017 Turq SB4.5 used frame is on ebay currently for under $1,900. It had a few nicks but I'd buy that frame if I was in the market for one as it's just a bit dirty in the photos. Not sure what size you need but check it out.
    Thanks, I did see that...im a medium however.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    care to elaborate a little more. what are the updates and when will the bike be released?
    No idea, I get the feeling sooner than later though. This is from the Yeti distributor in Australia. Given the frame design and geo is similar to the "new" stuff from big S and Cannondale, suspect maybe boost spacing and possibly small tweaks?
    ASR-C

mtbr member
    Instagram post

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    maybe the asr is super secret because it seems like the only bike that doesnt have 2018 pics yet

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    maybe the asr is super secret because it seems like the only bike that doesnt have 2018 pics yet
    The rumors are they will discontinue the ASR in 2018.

I would be surprised since there are still new bikes with the single pivot design, i.e. Spec epic. Plus, I can't see an SB4 or an SB4.5 'lite'.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I'm here in NC and there is one LBS with a number of 16s and 17s. Supposed to demo a Sb5 on Sat but Yeti needs to offer more build kits. For exaple, a Fox Kashima shouldn't be only on the TURQ builds. Because of the limited options l am prob going to go with a Mach 5.5, but wanting to demo an Ibis, these aresame price as 17 sb5c here but exactly the builds l am looking for. Live the Yeti active suspension but it worries me as well.

mtbr member
    Was just at my LBS, they have the 2018 SB5.5 and SB5+

Really want to know what changes the SB5 will have for 2018, maybe no frame changes but wider rims and the DPX2 Shock would be nice!

Have to figure out how to share pics

mtbr member
    When do 2018's start to drop?-2018-yeti-sb5-.jpgWhen do 2018's start to drop?-2018-yeti-sb5.5.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    I'm here in NC and there is one LBS with a number of 16s and 17s. Supposed to demo a Sb5 on Sat but Yeti needs to offer more build kits. For exaple, a Fox Kashima shouldn't be only on the TURQ builds. Because of the limited options l am prob going to go with a Mach 5.5, but wanting to demo an Ibis, these aresame price as 17 sb5c here but exactly the builds l am looking for. Live the Yeti active suspension but it worries me as well.
    yeti charges a lot for their frames ($500 more on average), so you usually find better spec'ed bikes for the same or lower prices. but if you don't like the builds and these days it's really hard to like any build kit, you can always build from frame up and pick the bits and pieces you prefer!

Quote Originally Posted by critterdesign View Post
    Was just at my LBS, they have the 2018 SB5.5 and SB5+

Really want to know what changes the SB5 will have for 2018, maybe no frame changes but wider rims and the DPX2 Shock would be nice!

Have to figure out how to share pics
    Nice, would like to see pics. Yeti unfortunately is never gonna put a piggy back shock on the SB5 on their stock build kits, it doesn't even fit the xs and s frames! so probably stuck forever with the fox float. 2018 5.5 and 6 should be getting the DPX2.

the pics seems like exactly the same 2017 frames. did you see any difference? or are these 17.5 with 2018 suspension but 2017 frames?

mtbr member
    I didn't notice any frame differences, although I am obsessed with the SB5 not these models so I would not notice. The LBS said they are the 2018's

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by junior77 View Post
    The rumors are they will discontinue the ASR in 2018.

no way!!! that would totally suck. i planed on replacing my epic with the asr. is this just speculation or is there a source for this info.

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 Yeti SB5+.jpg 
Views:	1398 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	1148577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 Yeti SB5.5.jpg 
Views:	1947 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	1148578
    These look like 17.5’s with 2018 suspensions, which is what my 4.5c that I just bought is. I have a 2017 frame with a 2018 fox fork

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by russya View Post
    These look like 17.5’s with 2018 suspensions, which is what my 4.5c that I just bought is. I have a 2017 frame with a 2018 fox fork

that's what I think, these are not 2018 Yetis

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    that's what I think, these are not 2018 Yetis
    I agree as well, I just bought a 2017 sb55 which had a full 2018 build kit.

mtbr member
    looks like they removed the posts from their instagram account

mtbr member
    looks like they removed the posts from their instagram account
    I'm sure they weren't supposed to even display those bikes before a certain date. I already created enough fuss by starting a social media meltdown regarding those fake E-Bike pics so I'm laying low so I'm not that guy.

In the end I think it's exciting to speculate on new products and changes and in this age of instant news nothing is secret.

Lmao, it's just bikes that we're geeking out about and not real world problems but it's damn exciting when something new is on the horizon.

mtbr member

It was pretty exciting to follow all that Hightower LT rumors build up! So I was going around instagram looking for more pics and noticed they removed those!

yeah, to speculate is always the best, once the info is out there, nobody cares anymore :-)
    Last edited by mfa81; 07-27-2017 at 09:40 PM.

mtbr member
    I would love to see what was removed from what instagram account as I missed it. :-( Have any pics?

mtbr member
    I would love to see what was removed from what instagram account as I missed it. :-( Have any pics?
    it's up here in this thread. the dark blue 4.5 and the team turq/orange sb6 posts 84, 78. there is a better picture of the 4.5 in the sb.45 topic as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast