Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm really hoping Yeti puts wide rims on the SB5 for 2018. They put the clearance in the frame for it already. The SB5 would be great with 2.6" tires. I also would really like to see a Sram GX kit.
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    The 2018 details are on this website. .... Have a gander

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...kes-and-frames

Freezer
    Well, that settles it: with no updated ASRC, Pivot 429SL here I come. The annoying thing is that a couple of weeks ago a large Yeti dealer on the west coast told me he had been back to Yeti in Colorado recently and to expect an ASR with switch infinity.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    is the asrc no updated? it looks like it isnt even avaiable in 2018. thats a bummer. i like the pivot 429 but the simplicity and low weight of the yeti had me wanting one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mlloyd007 View Post
    ... expect an ASR with switch infinity.
    Yeti has that already in the SB4.5.
    Take the dropper away, add a 130mm fork and now should be comparable to the Pivot 429SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freezer
    Quote Originally Posted by junior77 View Post
    Yeti has that already in the SB4.5.
    Take the dropper away, add a 130mm fork and now should be comparable to the Pivot

Yeah I considered a 120 fork on the 4.5, but after I demo'd the bike decided the feel and handling is too downhill-oriented for my taste. It's too bad Yeti seems to have given up on the pure XC effort. I had the original ARC AS back in the day and loved that bike and was looking forward to rejoining the tribe. 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Might hold up till Yeti officially updates the website. Worldwide has good info, but it's a bit light on details other than the lunch ride special SB5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpress View Post
    Might hold up till Yeti officially updates the website. Worldwide has good info, but it's a bit light on details other than the lunch ride special SB5.
    it was strange they haven't mentioned anything about asr gone, simply no comment! but really I think there isn't much to say anyway, color and new build kits no geo changes for the sb line so there is really not much to say!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    nooo i need a SB55c silver :'(

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by choan View Post
    Check Fresh Bike Service in Georgia and ask for Shawn. I found a silver medium SB55 frame there last week and its currently on its way here to me in So-Cal.
    UC

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by choan View Post
    Silver medium w/ 2018 suspension at Wheels Bike Shop in Steamboat.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    i'm in france, europe, and the 2017 is out of stock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by critterdesign View Post
    The 2018 details are on this website. .... Have a gander

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...kes-and-frames
    looks like they got some word from Yeti, they changed the content of the link! :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    looks like they got some word from Yeti, they changed the content of the link! :-)
    some inaccuracies in that link and lots of hype. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5+ disappears in the near future as even the often-over-excited Yeti cult members seem to dislike the bike along with a few bad reviews. Wonder if it'll go away as fast as the SB75 did.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    both jensonusa and competitive cyclist no longer have the slx/xt 2017 asr model. are they sourcing them from the same place or something? looks like I might be riding a pivot in my near future. I need to find a place that I can demo one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    No new ASR this year, at least 6 months away.
    All new design but no idea what. He's thinking it will have switch and they will make a bottle cage fit in the frame somehow- that's just him guessing though...

This from my local shop who is the biggest Yeti dealer in Oz and had a few orders for 2018's ready to go.
    ASR-C

ARC Carbon- 9kg of awesomeness- reitred
    SB-95C- play bike- retired

mtbr member
    so far the info on 2018 line is disappointing! I can't remember last time a bike company had a full line full of new build kits and color schemes! I really hope yeti is hiding something really well, this might be the late release of the asr like mentioned above!

mtbr member
    I agree, I was disapointed with the predictions world wide cycles did. made me want a carbon 2017 that I upgrade the wheels on and the shock. I am hopeful the specs are improved from the predictions

mtbr member
    I agree, I was disapointed with the predictions world wide cycles did. made me want a carbon 2017 that I upgrade the wheels on and the shock. I am hopeful the specs are improved from the predictions
    people got really excited to see the new internal routing and port on the sb5 and assumed this would be a sure thing for the other bikes this year!

the other issue I see is that the sb geometry is getting a little dated compared to newer bikes! but that's not a surprise since yeti started really late on the 27.5 carbon thing anyway!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Those aren't predictions from world wide, that's the electronic brochure from Yeti. The shop guy showed me the same brochure last Sunday. I got my 2018 sb5 Beti frame yesterday and it matches the electronic brochure (before it was blurred by ww).

When do 2018's start to drop?-thumb_img_3649_1024.jpgWhen do 2018's start to drop?-thumb_img_3654_1024.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offseasn View Post
    Those aren't predictions from world wide, that's the electronic brochure from Yeti. The shop guy showed me the same brochure last Sunday. I got my 2018 sb5 Beti frame yesterday and it matches the electronic brochure (before it was blurred by ww).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_3649_1024.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	1152755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_3654_1024.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	1152756
    do you have any details on the Lunch Ride SB5 build? I'm trying to confirm my guess that's only going to be available in M, L and XL sizes

btw, really nice frame! keep us posted on your build!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    is that the turq model beti? What's the color scheme for the carbon? I want to pick one up for my wife.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Sorry, I don't remember noticing the lunch build. That is the turq, the non-turq will use the darker storm that is the accent color on my frame (w/white and coral/magenta, I think).

Looking for recommendations on a light wheel set. I've been doing I9s, but not sure what colors since nothing matches this color scheme.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offseasn View Post
    Sorry, I don't remember noticing the lunch build. That is the turq, the non-turq will use the darker storm that is the accent color on my frame (w/white and coral/magenta, I think).

Looking for recommendations on a light wheel set. I've been doing I9s, but not sure what colors since nothing matches this color scheme.
    for alloy rims a lot of people I ride with are happy with DT wheels the xm 1501 is 1675g per set for the 30mm and you save 100g going 25mm internal.

mtbr member
    I printed sections of the original posting WWC did. it states the LR is:
    Fox 36 Factory 160MM
    Fox Factory DPX2
    DT Swiss 350W/XM481 Boost wheels
    Bar 800x35mm
    Guide RSC brakes

mtbr member
    I printed sections of the original posting WWC did. it states the LR is:
    Fox 36 Factory 160MM
    Fox Factory DPX2
    DT Swiss 350W/XM481 Boost wheels
    Bar 800x35mm
    Guide RSC brakes
    yeah! the thing I'm interested is that I believe this is a M+ size only since they have a dpx2 shock on it which doesn't fit in the awful small frame, I'm still dreaming they have done some magic and the S frame won't have that curve close to the seat tube!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Got my 5.5c!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just picked up a storm blue sb4.5, eagle build. Upgraded wheels on order - King hubs/nox rims. Will post some pics later. First ride impressions are that it's going to be a great bike once I get the motor tuned up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phattruth View Post
    I'm really hoping Yeti puts wide rims on the SB5 for 2018. They put the clearance in the frame for it already. The SB5 would be great with 2.6" tires. I also would really like to see a Sram GX kit.
    I'm running a 2.6" Butcher on my 2017 Yeti with the 22.5" internal width DT Swiss rims. Yeah, it's not as wide as I want but it still works and feels stable. Absolutely love the 2.6 up front. Won't ever go back to a 2.3.

I heard a buzz that the SB5 Lunch Ride will come with 30mm internal rims.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Here are two SB5 Lunch Ride builds posted by local shops. One shop in Golden, the other up in Boulder. This will probably old news by the end of the week with Eurobike happening, but hey it's fun for now!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newman17 View Post
    Here are two SB5 Lunch Ride builds posted by local shops. One shop in Golden, the other up in Boulder. This will probably old news by the end of the week with Eurobike happening, but hey it's fun for now!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Sweet pics. Those are sick!

$10 says I know where you work and what your occupation is. Take a wild guess who I am.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopshute View Post
    Sweet pics. Those are sick!

$10 says I know where you work and what your occupation is. Take a wild guess who I am.
    Jarad! You stalker...

mtbr member
    Jarad! You stalker...
    Lol. Close. The other Yeti guy you know (and work with).

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Jarad! You stalker...
    hahahaha. Nope. However, now I will stalk you online. Just to make sure you buy your SB5.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopshute View Post
    I'm running a 2.6" Butcher on my 2017 Yeti with the 22.5" internal width DT Swiss rims. Yeah, it's not as wide as I want but it still works and feels stable. Absolutely love the 2.6 up front. Won't ever go back to a 2.3.

I heard a buzz that the SB5 Lunch Ride will come with 30mm internal rims.
    I heart a rumor that Yeti is coming out with their own carbon rims too. I'm betting a wide 30mm rim to accomodate those bigger tires better. I'm anxiously awaiting to see the final specs/colorways/and lineup releases.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I'll have a large Grey Sb 5.5 turq for sale if anyone is interested in early December.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod0981 View Post
    I heart a rumor that Yeti is coming out with their own carbon rims too. I'm betting a wide 30mm rim to accomodate those bigger tires better. I'm anxiously awaiting to see the final specs/colorways/and lineup releases.
    they better also come with a lifetime warranty! :-)

mtbr member
    they better also come with a lifetime warranty! :-)
    better have santa cruz handling that warranty too then or you might be out of a set of wheels for months
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    better have santa cruz handling that warranty too then or you might be out of a set of wheels for months
    that's still to be seen, but at this point seems like SC put a lot of pressure on current and future carbon wheels products, off course this all go out and we start to hear stories about their warranty replacement or how often people need a replacement, but I have to admit if the company ceo comes out and say that we will give you a new one and ship in 24hrs if you brake then while riding, that's a big selling point!

mtbr member
    Eurobike is this week. We should see product info soon

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    from yetipolarbear instagram! the orange/black looks amazing from what I can see!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    okay this article is very interesting, I wonder if the SB5 now get a new Xs and S frame, according to the article the LR build is available in XS-XL, this would not happen with that weird looking top tube. Also it does mention the Beti Sb5 has the increased standover sloped top tube in XS and S! So there is hope! :-)

Turq apparel line has some steep price point, among the highest in the marked! Their apparel line is very impressive and I own a bunch of stuff! But Turq series is getting pretty expensive! Wish there were more pictures!

Freezer
    Sweet! New paint, softgoods, and poseur pro bikes. What a lineup. Glad I got a Pivot in the mail.

mtbr member
    :-) enjoy the ebike!

Freezer
    Yeah; not very pleased to see the Pivot ebike news today. If I had seen that before ordering it actually may have changed my decision.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

When do 2018's start to drop?

Anyone have any specs on 2018's yet? On my radar are the SB4.5C or SB5C, lower end builds. Wondering if they went to a bit wider rim for 2018, also a GX Eagle option would be nice.

Jammin' Econo
    Ha. I tried to come up with a more snarky response to a lame comment, but this is really all that's needed.
    Do it however you want to do it. You don't owe anyone an explanation.

mtbr member
    Well, that settles it: with no updated ASRC, Pivot 429SL here I come. The annoying thing is that a couple of weeks ago a large Yeti dealer on the west coast told me he had been back to Yeti in Colorado recently and to expect an ASR with switch infinity.
    I mean, I really think that's a silly Idea. I've ridden and raced both the 429sl and the asrc. put about 6-800 miles on each. The yeti asrc is by far a much faster bike, and way better on any terrain including when pointed down. I heard all the naysayers about when I sold my 429sl and ordered the ASRC and they all complained about the simplicity of the linkage blah blah blah.. the current ASRC is by far a faster and more fun bike than the 429sl. If your hammering buff singletrack keep the shock in the middle, if technical, full open. Point is, even on full open the DW link on the 429sl still wasn't as plush and plowable through rough terrain. Trust me, I've been riding DW link bikes for yeeeaars, IBIS, pivot, etc.. the yeti is by far a superior handling bike over the 429sl. I don't know how they do it, but it's true.
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    Anyone have any specs on 2018's yet? On my radar are the SB4.5C or SB5C, lower end builds. Wondering if they went to a bit wider rim for 2018, also a GX Eagle option would be nice.
    https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...8-bikes-frames

and just 'cause here's another link

Yeti Cycles at Eurobike - TURQ.Air Apparel, Team Replica SB6 & SB5 LR Bikes - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

mtbr member
    Sweet! New paint, softgoods, and poseur pro bikes. What a lineup. Glad I got a Pivot in the mail.
    I'm glad you also bought a Pivot so maybe you'll decide to not post here anymore.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i guess it is official now. no asr for 2018. anybody have an idea of what i should buy instead of what i was hoping to be a new asr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb View Post
    i guess it is official now. no asr for 2018. anybody have an idea of what i should buy instead of what i was hoping to be a new asr
    Buy the SB4.5
    It's just a better all around bike concerning fun factor and capabilities in all terrain types. Unless your racing competitively and having a 22 pound FS bike is a necessity your not giving up much but gaining way more with the 4.5

You can get that bike down to 25 pounds with a dropper

mtbr member
    I just sold my ASRc last week because I wasn't riding it at all and kept grabbing the 4.5

mtbr member
    still puzzled by the Small SB5 LR... the SH doesn't make sense and doesn't look like it will fit the DPX2! Seems like the increase is only for the higher fork. the regular SB5 has the same SH as last year!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Initialy i built my SB4.5 to be used in XCO type races and marathons.
    The final weight was 11,5kg with dropper, Fox 34 etc.
    The Bike was ment to replace an S-Works Epic 29 and shure it did...i have faster times uphill with the SB than my former S-Works Epic 29... and on the downs...

What i'm trying to say is that the SB4.5C is an super versatile bike that can be built as an XC or burly trail bike...

(I use an bottle holder on the seatpost btw)

Freezer
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    I'm glad you also bought a Pivot so maybe you'll decide to not post here anymore.
    Roger that. You have the echo chamber to yourself.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i need a bottle inside the tirangle and i lean more towards the xc side. i dont really bomb the gnarly stuff super fast. plus the weight of the asr was appealing. i might look at other single pivot bikes

mtbr member
    Roger that. You have the echo chamber to yourself.
    Don't forget to charge your battery for your e-bike Pivot just released. I'm jealous because they beat Yeti to the punch 🤛

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just a suggestion. Try a SKS anywhere bottle mount. I can't stand riding with a pack, unless I have to. I placed it high up on the downtime. I actually have it angled up on the side slightly, so it is easier to grab the bottle. It seems to work pretty decent. The 4.5 is everything and more you could want in a race bike. The weight difference is slight between the frames. You make up the weight in how stiff and responsive the frame is, as compared to the ASR. I have been on it for 2 years and still love it. A few longer endurance XC races under it's belt and it made me a believer in the hype of Yeti. I actually added a 5 plus to my arsenal early this summer. Try to test ride one and you will be amazed how fast your PR on strava are crushed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cgodbout View Post
    Just a suggestion. Try a SKS anywhere bottle mount. I can't stand riding with a pack, unless I have to. I placed it high up on the downtime. I actually have it angled up on the side slightly, so it is easier to grab the bottle. It seems to work pretty decent. The 4.5 is everything and more you could want in a race bike. The weight difference is slight between the frames. You make up the weight in how stiff and responsive the frame is, as compared to the ASR. I have been on it for 2 years and still love it. A few longer endurance XC races under it's belt and it made me a believer in the hype of Yeti. I actually added a 5 plus to my arsenal early this summer. Try to test ride one and you will be amazed how fast your PR on strava are crushed.
    the owner of the shop near me has one they said i could demo whenever. endurance stuff is what i do the most., plus long training rides where i usually carry three bottles. one in the triangle one on my seatpost and another in my jersey pocket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgodbout View Post
    Just a suggestion. Try a SKS anywhere bottle mount. I can't stand riding with a pack, unless I have to. I placed it high up on the downtime. I actually have it angled up on the side slightly, so it is easier to grab the bottle. .
    Do you have a picture you can post that shows how you have this mounted with the bottle in? I'm very interested in the yeti but don't want to ride with a pack all the time....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Here is my 5 plus with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When do 2018's start to drop?-img_6395.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Pretty sure the 2018 ASR is coming, delayed production maybe...? Will have to wait a bit longer to hear the spec, but I am thinking mini-switch-∞

Honestly, to just release new color-ways for 2 years in a row won't be enough for Yeti's ambitious engineers, so I am confident that they are cooking up something awesome. Switch ∞ is too good of a pedaling platform to not make it lighter and smaller for the ASR range of bikes...
    Last edited by jakster; 09-01-2017 at 05:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikno View Post
    Initialy i built my SB4.5 to be used in XCO type races and marathons.
    The final weight was 11,5kg with dropper, Fox 34 etc.
    The Bike was ment to replace an S-Works Epic 29 and shure it did...i have faster times uphill with the SB than my former S-Works Epic 29... and on the downs...

What i'm trying to say is that the SB4.5C is an super versatile bike that can be built as an XC or burly trail bike...

(I use an bottle holder on the seatpost btw)
    In the words of trump... wrrrroooongg. Sorry to be blunt but the 4.5 is not an XC race bike and it never will be and if you happen to get to a highly competitive level you will be at an extreme disadvantage at any xc race. The 4.5 will be faster on "segments" but a good friend of mine put it beautifully, Strava is not racing! A 4.5 will probably be faster on segments trail riding unless you have extremely good tech skills and know how to pick lines, but your average overall speed will be faster with an ASR and that's racing... So, racing=ASR, just an occasional race and mostly trail=4.5

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakster View Post
    Pretty sure the 2018 ASR is coming, delayed production maybe...? Will have to wait a bit longer to hear the spec, but I am thinking mini-switch-∞
    ^this

See my adventures here..

mtbr member

Honestly, to just release new color-ways for 2 years in a row won't be enough for Yeti's ambitious engineers, so I am confident that they are cooking up something awesome. Switch ∞ is too good of a pedaling platform to not make it lighter and smaller for the ASR range of bikes...
    they released the 5.5 and 5 v2 last year! so it would be 1 year without anything new, but this is already pretty bad when the bikes are all becoming pretty dated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    they released the 5.5 and 5 v2 last year! so it would be 1 year without anything new, but this is already pretty bad when the bikes are all becoming pretty dated!
    For heavens sake... they're still fun to ride, aren't they?

Great products / solutions / people.... you name it, aren't made by pushing a button, there are many resources involved from idea to the finished product, and it takes time to develope.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikno View Post
    For heavens sake... they're still fun to ride, aren't they?

Great products / solutions / people.... you name it, aren't made by pushing a button, there are many resources involved from idea to the finished product, and it takes time to develope.
    Agree 100%! But we are living in an instant society, and in the age of rapid-3D-printing, people expect new models every 6 months, much like Taylor Made golf clubs. And then, when carbon frames snap "by just riding along", the bike companies are to blame!
    Truth is, most of us will still be enjoying our ride today on a 2001 Cannondale F500 with a measly headshok. #perspective

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    These are the same ppl bitching when bike industry changes stuff for the sake of changing and pushing new sales.

mtbr member
    Bunch of whiny little bitches. The 5 was redesigned last year. You can always get the new overly engineered frankencruz LT if you're not happy with a Yeti.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am somewhat split on the "what's current" debate, and following things closely as far as what's current because I am eyeing a new bike, but it won't be until past the first of the year. I want to get something that is up to date when I do, but that said I don't feel the current Yeti lineup is dated at all, in fact to me it's highly desirable.

Standards are current, the only area I see is that some others are a bit more progressive on geometry. I truly feel that evolution of geometry is a "thing" and can lead to a better/more fun experience. At the same time though, I feel that while the numbers may not indicate the "lowest/longest/slackest" bike out there with the shortest rear end, the SB5 that I have tested was absolutely dialed feeling. Like a big BMX bike for the trails.

So while I'm following the developments closely, I am not overlooking the Yeti lineup at all. The biggest thing I am watching is if Transition is on to something with their new approach of fork offsets and geometry philosophy, because if they are that could certainly be interesting in the next few years. Fork companies seem to be keen on supplying a small company with their specific needs, so perhaps they see something in this for the future as well....

mtbr member
    The main issue I believe I and a lot of people were expecting was to have other bikes with the improvements made to the SB5, internal routing is a common complain on yeti bikes right now, when oyou buy a $3500 frame and have to stuff if with pipe insulation so you can ride without having cable rattling inside!

It's true though that the v1 sb5 was really dated compared to the other bikes in the lineup!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The main issue I believe I and a lot of people were expecting was to have other bikes with the improvements made to the SB5, internal routing is a common complain on yeti bikes right now, when oyou buy a $3500 frame and have to stuff if with pipe insulation so you can ride without having cable rattling inside!

It's true though that the v1 sb5 was really dated compared to the other bikes in the lineup!
    I was reading elsewhere that the 4.5 received similar internal guiding to the 5, is this incorrect? I am curious because these two are on my shortlist.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    I was reading elsewhere that the 4.5 received similar internal guiding to the 5, is this incorrect? I am curious because these two are on my shortlist.
    This has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum, but the SB5V2 is the only frame that has internal guides for the internally routed brake hose/dropper line/rear shift cable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    my local LBS has the 2018 SB5.5 in black in their demo fleet now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbpHmmhGft/

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if Fox uses a specific tune for the DPX2 shocks on the Yeti's?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Some short videos of our 2018 line:
    https://instagram.com/p/BYiNYRyHt-F/

alh
    mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    John, I'm guessing the SB5 small still has that swooping drop in the TT, given the standover has remained the same at 26.9"?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by alh View Post
    John, I'm guessing the SB5 small still has that swooping drop in the TT, given the standover has remained the same at 26.9"?
    Yes. Check the Instagram videos I posted above. The last bike I feature is a size SM SB5 Beti (the Betis and 'standard' SB5's come out of the same moulds).
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

Jammin' Econo
    Do it however you want to do it. You don't owe anyone an explanation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Looks like 2017s are off of the site, meaning 2018's should be up soon. By now we know all the specs, curious to see if the price increases that some have mentioned hold true for the C models.

Edit: never mind it looks like it was a site glitch
    Last edited by GT5050; 09-02-2017 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hi John, thanks for your answer. The guys around 1'70 appreciate it!
    And what about the 4.5 in small? The TT is also bent?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Yes. Check the Instagram videos I posted above. The last bike I feature is a size SM SB5 Beti (the Betis and 'standard' SB5's come out of the same moulds).
    Okay, JP you said "standard" so there is still hope! Can you tell if the LR S also comes with the dpx2 and has the same top tube design as the M+ sizes? Geometry chart I saw one dealer share

shows only a 9mm difference in SH, this seems to be influenced only by the fork not a new frame mold, but still trying to confirm the details of the Small SB5 LR
    Last edited by mfa81; 09-02-2017 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck2005 View Post
    my local LBS has the 2018 SB5.5 in black in their demo fleet now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYbpHmmhGft/
    other shops should be embarrassed by such an amazing demo build these guys put together! that's a dream 5.5 build right there!

alh
    mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Okay, JP you said "standard" so there is still hope! Can you tell if the LR S also comes with the dpx2 and has the same top tube design as the M+ sizes? Geometry chart I saw one dealer share

shows only a 9mm difference in SH, this seems to be influenced only by the fork not a new frame mold, but still trying to confirm the details of the Small SB5 LR
    Exactly where I was going. A LR SB5 would be dope, but that swooping TT would kill it IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I am guessing this is all just fun internet dreams and no one really has any clue why the asr isn't mentioned yet unless your working for yeti in some sort of capacity

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by granmotte View Post
    Hi John, thanks for your answer. The guys around 1'70 appreciate it!
    And what about the 4.5 in small? The TT is also bent?
    No, not on the 4.5. We had many very specific requests for more standover on the 5, and we did not receive the same sort of requests for the 4.5... my guess is that shorter folks tended to shy away from the 29ers in the first place.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti

The LR kit is only available on MD, LG, and XL. You cannot physically fit a piggyback shock in the SM and XS frames, and we couldn't forecast enough SM and XS Lunch Rides to come close to paying for new moulds for those two sizes.

JP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    The LR kit is only available on MD, LG, and XL. You cannot physically fit a piggyback shock in the SM and XS frames, and we couldn't forecast enough SM and XS Lunch Rides to come close to paying for new moulds for those two sizes.

JP
    tks!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by alh View Post
    Exactly where I was going. A LR SB5 would be dope, but that swooping TT would kill it IMO.
    yep seems like short people prefer clearance instead of a decent shock!
    Last edited by mfa81; 09-03-2017 at 12:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    yep seems like short people prefer clearance instead of a decent shock!
    sorry i think we are talking about different things. look at what i quoted. I was talking about any asr info and talk of a delayed release date.

I am with the other guy who said the 4.5 won't really hack it in the racing world. it may burn up some strava segments but when it comes to covering alot of ground with the highest avg speed i think the asr would come out on top.

mtbr member
    quoted the wrong guy!

Grand Master Jedi

I ended up buying an SB5+ Turq/Eagle and LOVE IT!

My only complaints: SRAM guide RS brakes don't have bite point adjust, and DT SWISS 370 hubs don't have star-ratchet internals and the bearings failed (though covered under warranty by my LBS)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    On the 5.5 carbon builds (non turq) is the rear DPX shock performance elite or just plain performance? In other words does the shock have 10 or so clicks of LSC to play with in addition to the 3 modes from the lever?

believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Disappointing

Bummed that Yeti didn't launch a 130mm 29er. IMO that is what is missing from their lineup. I almost pulled the trigger on 5+ with the intent to ride it with 29er, but not in love with the elevated chainstays.

That Rocky Mountain Instinct or Spot Mahem look like my next bike.

mtbr member
    Hmmm... Yeti announced a website update with FULL 2018 bike line up today (tuesday)! I'm guessing if there is a new asr on the horizon we will find out today!

See my adventures here..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast