Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    I'm really hoping Yeti puts wide rims on the SB5 for 2018. They put the clearance in the frame for it already. The SB5 would be great with 2.6" tires. I also would really like to see a Sram GX kit.
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    The 2018 details are on this website. .... Have a gander

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...kes-and-frames

Freezer
    Well, that settles it: with no updated ASRC, Pivot 429SL here I come. The annoying thing is that a couple of weeks ago a large Yeti dealer on the west coast told me he had been back to Yeti in Colorado recently and to expect an ASR with switch infinity.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    is the asrc no updated? it looks like it isnt even avaiable in 2018. thats a bummer. i like the pivot 429 but the simplicity and low weight of the yeti had me wanting one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mlloyd007 View Post
    ... expect an ASR with switch infinity.
    Yeti has that already in the SB4.5.
    Take the dropper away, add a 130mm fork and now should be comparable to the Pivot 429SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freezer
    Quote Originally Posted by junior77 View Post
    Yeti has that already in the SB4.5.
    Take the dropper away, add a 130mm fork and now should be comparable to the Pivot

Yeah I considered a 120 fork on the 4.5, but after I demo'd the bike decided the feel and handling is too downhill-oriented for my taste. It's too bad Yeti seems to have given up on the pure XC effort. I had the original ARC AS back in the day and loved that bike and was looking forward to rejoining the tribe. 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Might hold up till Yeti officially updates the website. Worldwide has good info, but it's a bit light on details other than the lunch ride special SB5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpress View Post
    Might hold up till Yeti officially updates the website. Worldwide has good info, but it's a bit light on details other than the lunch ride special SB5.
    it was strange they haven't mentioned anything about asr gone, simply no comment! but really I think there isn't much to say anyway, color and new build kits no geo changes for the sb line so there is really not much to say!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    nooo i need a SB55c silver :'(

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by choan View Post
    Check Fresh Bike Service in Georgia and ask for Shawn. I found a silver medium SB55 frame there last week and its currently on its way here to me in So-Cal.
    UC

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by choan View Post
    Silver medium w/ 2018 suspension at Wheels Bike Shop in Steamboat.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    i'm in france, europe, and the 2017 is out of stock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by critterdesign View Post
    The 2018 details are on this website. .... Have a gander

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...kes-and-frames
    looks like they got some word from Yeti, they changed the content of the link! :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    looks like they got some word from Yeti, they changed the content of the link! :-)
    some inaccuracies in that link and lots of hype. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5+ disappears in the near future as even the often-over-excited Yeti cult members seem to dislike the bike along with a few bad reviews. Wonder if it'll go away as fast as the SB75 did.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    both jensonusa and competitive cyclist no longer have the slx/xt 2017 asr model. are they sourcing them from the same place or something? looks like I might be riding a pivot in my near future. I need to find a place that I can demo one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    No new ASR this year, at least 6 months away.
    All new design but no idea what. He's thinking it will have switch and they will make a bottle cage fit in the frame somehow- that's just him guessing though...

This from my local shop who is the biggest Yeti dealer in Oz and had a few orders for 2018's ready to go.
    ASR-C

ARC Carbon- 9kg of awesomeness- reitred
    SB-95C- play bike- retired

mtbr member
    so far the info on 2018 line is disappointing! I can't remember last time a bike company had a full line full of new build kits and color schemes! I really hope yeti is hiding something really well, this might be the late release of the asr like mentioned above!

mtbr member
    I agree, I was disapointed with the predictions world wide cycles did. made me want a carbon 2017 that I upgrade the wheels on and the shock. I am hopeful the specs are improved from the predictions

mtbr member
    I agree, I was disapointed with the predictions world wide cycles did. made me want a carbon 2017 that I upgrade the wheels on and the shock. I am hopeful the specs are improved from the predictions
    people got really excited to see the new internal routing and port on the sb5 and assumed this would be a sure thing for the other bikes this year!

the other issue I see is that the sb geometry is getting a little dated compared to newer bikes! but that's not a surprise since yeti started really late on the 27.5 carbon thing anyway!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Those aren't predictions from world wide, that's the electronic brochure from Yeti. The shop guy showed me the same brochure last Sunday. I got my 2018 sb5 Beti frame yesterday and it matches the electronic brochure (before it was blurred by ww).

When do 2018's start to drop?-thumb_img_3649_1024.jpgWhen do 2018's start to drop?-thumb_img_3654_1024.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offseasn View Post
    Those aren't predictions from world wide, that's the electronic brochure from Yeti. The shop guy showed me the same brochure last Sunday. I got my 2018 sb5 Beti frame yesterday and it matches the electronic brochure (before it was blurred by ww).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_3649_1024.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	1152755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_3654_1024.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	1152756
    do you have any details on the Lunch Ride SB5 build? I'm trying to confirm my guess that's only going to be available in M, L and XL sizes

btw, really nice frame! keep us posted on your build!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    is that the turq model beti? What's the color scheme for the carbon? I want to pick one up for my wife.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Sorry, I don't remember noticing the lunch build. That is the turq, the non-turq will use the darker storm that is the accent color on my frame (w/white and coral/magenta, I think).

Looking for recommendations on a light wheel set. I've been doing I9s, but not sure what colors since nothing matches this color scheme.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by offseasn View Post
    Sorry, I don't remember noticing the lunch build. That is the turq, the non-turq will use the darker storm that is the accent color on my frame (w/white and coral/magenta, I think).

Looking for recommendations on a light wheel set. I've been doing I9s, but not sure what colors since nothing matches this color scheme.
    for alloy rims a lot of people I ride with are happy with DT wheels the xm 1501 is 1675g per set for the 30mm and you save 100g going 25mm internal.

mtbr member
    I printed sections of the original posting WWC did. it states the LR is:
    Fox 36 Factory 160MM
    Fox Factory DPX2
    DT Swiss 350W/XM481 Boost wheels
    Bar 800x35mm
    Guide RSC brakes

mtbr member
    I printed sections of the original posting WWC did. it states the LR is:
    Fox 36 Factory 160MM
    Fox Factory DPX2
    DT Swiss 350W/XM481 Boost wheels
    Bar 800x35mm
    Guide RSC brakes
    yeah! the thing I'm interested is that I believe this is a M+ size only since they have a dpx2 shock on it which doesn't fit in the awful small frame, I'm still dreaming they have done some magic and the S frame won't have that curve close to the seat tube!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12