Thread: wheelset ideas

Bomber

wheelset ideas

ive got a stock 06 yeti 575 enduro kit that wont be stock for long, it weighs in at 28 n 3/4 lbs and handles like a dream compared to my old k2 lithium. Anyways, I am very interested in building a new wheel set (along with new brakes....dreaming of either hope m4s or the avid codes thtll come out). Just today I ordered some syncros ds28 rims and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on those. Coming from a deore/xm317 wheelset I am looking for a slightly light but bomb proof wheelset (right now Im an aggresive xc rider, but would really like to find more drops n techy sections in the california bay area...so for skeggs and sdf are the only ones who can give me a decent amount) Anyways my dream set would be king iso discs with those syncros rims, either sapim cx-ray spokes or dt revolutions....thoughts? Suggestions? i work in the industry (tho relatively fresh) and would be willing to sell my rims if i start to regret my purchase....btw I will also being tubeless with stans notubes

Hadleys are super nice. I have hadleys w/ fr6.1d and get thru the trails you mention (skeggs, demo) happily. Maybe hadleys w/ ex5.1d would be a nice match for a 575.
    Or go superbling with those Industry9 sets.

I don't have experience with the DS28.. but those are some HUGE yellow stickers!

Bomber
    hadleys are certainly nice, not to mention ther pawl action could be compared to the king ring drive (which is the main thing i want, second to weight, then syle n looks)

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Hope Pro 2 are another option. I just got a set with DT 5.1 rims and competition spokes and they rock. The rear hub is a little loud though, but I guess I will get used to it. Engagement seems pretty good (for me, coming from XT hubs).

Just another suggestion...

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    I have had and used heavily the following wheelsets

All tubeless too

Hadleys, 823 rims etc.
    Chris King, Bonty Mustang rims
    At present Industry Nine

The Hadleys were great, way good for DH & FR type riding, the CK wheelset were fantastic, still have these as spares and race wheels. At present the I9 wheelset is amazing. I was so sold on CK hubs etc, thet are real good.

I think in all honesty I feel the I9 are far better, stronger build, instant engagement etc..

Some I9's witht he Dt 5.1 rims etc would be the bomb.

Highest priority for me with Wheels is to have them hand made, make a huge difference, with you being in the trade, you will so know this....

Good luck....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Bomber
    I9s certainly intrigued however, part of me wanting this wheel set is the fact that i want to build it myself, otherwise i would certinaly reconsider i9s. Ive built one wheelset before (with a 3 leading 3 trailing for any of u fixed gear guys), however it wasnt the best build and certainly needs truing from time to time. However with this wheel set I will also be paying a buddy of mine, a pro you cuold say (10 years a bike mechanic) to help me build em up and make sure that i build them as strong as possible.