mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What's a good asking price for my ASR-SL frame?

It's a medium red 2004- one of the last ones with a Titanium pivot. I bought it in October 2004. It's in excellent condition and from 2-3 feet way, it looks new. No paint issues- no dings and no issues with the frame at all.

I'm not sure what they are going for but would like to know the approximate value. I don't see any on Ebay or the Classifieds. I don't want to put it in the Classifieds without having some idea of what it's worth. Any idea, guys?

Fall Branch Felon
    I think a buddy of mine is selling the same frame for around $650
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Man, that is cheap. I would not sell it at that price - not this frame...it's too clean, shiny, and scratch-free- and the new ones go for $1800-$1900. This isn't even my primary bike. I'll just build it up to be a superlight climber if that is all I'll get and consider selling the 575 instead. Let's see what I find out through Ebay and Craigslist.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

yeah, but it is still aluminum

aluminum is scary to buy used and I think used bike/frame prices reflect that. New frames are $1700 - $1800 and have the carbon flexure and Ti bolt kit.

Put it on ebay with a really an appropriate reserve to protect yourself. If there aren't any out there now is the time to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    It's a medium red 2004- one of the last ones with a Titanium pivot. I bought it in October 2004. It's in excellent condition and from 2-3 feet way, it looks new. No paint issues- no dings and no issues with the frame at all.

I'm not sure what they are going for but would like to know the approximate value. I don't see any on Ebay or the Classifieds. I don't want to put it in the Classifieds without having some idea of what it's worth. Any idea, guys?
    M

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivated
    aluminum is scary to buy used and I think used bike/frame prices reflect that. New frames are $1700 - $1800 and have the carbon flexure and Ti bolt kit.

Well put.

Put it on ebay with a really an appropriate reserve to protect yourself. If there aren't any out there now is the time to sell.
    Can't confuse what it would cost to replace a frame with what it's worth. My new 2006 ASR-SL with 300-400 miles on it and MINT went for about $1250 on eBay a few months ago. I was A-O-K with the price and was done with it.

I would have said $600 - $750 MAX.

Might be better off keeping it
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm glad you guys are giving me this information. I would not have put a Reserve on it and been all stressed out when it sold for $200

I may try to sell it on Ebay with a Reserve and if it doesn't go, I'll build it up. I will give mtbr a few bucks to list it here too.

Fall Branch Felon
    Flyer,

I've seen alot of ASRs go for the $6-800 range. Now, to be honest, my buddy's ASR might not be the SL, so that could have an effect on price. Otherwise, you have to admit, it's just like a used car..........once you drive it off the lot, the price goes WAAAY down.
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I agree. If I sell it, someone will just get a really nice frame. Me- I'll get something nice too- winners all the way around

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I agree. If I sell it, someone will just get a really nice frame. Me- I'll get something nice too- winners all the way around
    PM that guy from Australia (Fullrange Drew) that wants an ASRsl. He is looking for a good price and getting an older frame may be the ticket. It would be much better than a stinking Giant....

I think that a nice ASRsl without dents or chips or problems like what you describe could probably get about $700 to $750. If the shock is in good shape that is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'll check on shipping to Oz first. It would be nice to sell the frame to someone here. Fullrange doesn't need a stinking made-in-Somalia Giant. Where's the fun in that. It's like buying a shoe-bomb and walking around in it.