mtbr member
    May 2007

What's to become of the 575???

Heard an interesting rumor that the 575 may soon be retired.

Right now I'm contemplating a new ride to replace my '07 575.

I posted a thread several months ago related to finding a new ride. I feel it's mostly come down to these two Sb 66 / 575.

The fact that they could drop the 575 could be a deal breaker.

Any thoughts on the fate of the legend vs. Johnny come lately?

mtbr member
    I've thought it had an attractive lower price point as an intro to Yetiliciousness and would have a long life there

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Love my 08 575

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    What would prompt you to replace an 07 575 with a current one- is something wrong with the old frame?

AFAIK the only differences between new and old are a slightly longer TT and stiffer rear.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    [QUOTE=womble;10113440]What would prompt you to replace an 07 575 with a current one- is something wrong with the old frame?

Nope, mine is fine, and I still dig it!

AFAIK the only differences between new and old are a slightly longer TT and stiffer rear.

This,and after 6 years with a bike, I'm ready to try something new. Sb 66 is very different in geometry and platform

However I've been with the same girl for 24 years, she's a keeper!

She understands me....womble
    Last edited by keithrad; 01-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    first, where did you hear this rumor? the internet? I think you know what internet rumors are worth. At a shop? - that's probably worth even less, because the guys that work there don't have any more info than the internet, but if they are like the shop employees I know, they enjoy pretending they know more than they do.

IOW, is there an even remotely credible source for this rumor? The 575 is considerably cheaper and lighter than the SB, I can see them coexisting for a while.

second, so what? Why would Yeti dropping the 575 have any effect on how much you like yours?

When did the knuckle go away? I thought '07 was the last year. Anyway, there have been a lot more changes to the 575 since 07 than just TT length and stiffness: tapered HT and ISCG tabs immediately come to mind.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I haven't heard this rumor. However not purchasing a bike because its being discontinued is weird to me.
    Currently I ride a ASR-7 it is discontinued and it is the best bike I have EVER ridden. I could care less if its in the current line up or not. (I think it should be, but thats another thread...).
    Ride and purchase what is right for you. Don't buy into hype, rumor or common opinion. You know whats best for you.
    I did have a 06 575, great bike!!! I sold to purchase the 7, but do wish I didn't sell the 575...
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    [QUOTE=Joules;10117919]first, where did you hear this rumor?

Dealer... he did not say it was a 100% done deal.

The 575 is considerably cheaper and lighter than the SB, I can see them coexisting for a while.

Also, the sb price would become more competitve.

second, so what? Why would Yeti dropping the 575 have any effect on how much you like yours?

Parts availability, warranty issues, who knows.... that's why this was posed as a question for discussion.

When did the knuckle go away? I thought '07 was the last year. Anyway, there have been a lot more changes to the 575 since 07 than just TT length and stiffness: tapered HT and ISCG tabs immediately come to mind.

Yeah mine is the knuckle frame, and yes, changes have been made over the years, most important to me would be frame stiffness which at my size makes the sb look good as well.

Hoping some others with time on both frames would chime in. Anybody 6ft 2in riding an XL frame sb?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    im 6'4 riding a XL 575 ....pics of new 2013 575 frame on Yetifan's fb page...

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

my thoughts

I can't remember what year my Yeti 575 is. '06 I think? Recently decided I needed to replace the ride so I was looking at both the new 575 and the 66. Someone ended up buying the 575 that I was looking at so I got the 66. I have five rides on it, one XC/AM/What ever, and four pedal DH runs.

Very different bike. Little heavier than my 575, but way stiffer. I could feel the rear end noodle around on my DH run, can't on the 66. Definitely climbs better and goes down better. Mud clearance is pretty good.
    There are some things I'm not excited about it (sometimes when pedaling on the road it feels like the handlebar/grips are rotating counterclock-wise when the suspension engages, but hey, that's on the road). Don't like the rear disc brake cable routing, as you have to either take the frame apart or the brake hose to route it. Really like the 142mm set up. And the tapered steerer tube. '

Oni

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have dt swiss 240 hubs and changed the rear qr to 10mm thru axle and love the stiffness compared to old qr set up

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks I have tried to respond twice and now mtbr does not recognize me so before I post the long response i'll try this