Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

What Yeti would you like to see in the future?

Mine would be sliding drop out steel hardtail frame for singlespeeding. What would yours be? A 7" version of the 575 maybe (OR a lighter ASX)?

local trails rider
    Tough HT, Adjustable dropouts, BB high enough to clear some rocks, LOTS of standover, still able to get the seat to pedaling height, works with different forks... lets say 4" to 6", not pink.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I second the Yeti SS hardtail frame! I would prefer an EBB though

It would also be interesting to see a 575 (or more travel) trail bike frame with the Rail suspension from the 303

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    Tough HT, Adjustable dropouts, BB high enough to clear some rocks, LOTS of standover, still able to get the seat to pedaling height, works with different forks... lets say 4" to 6", not pink.
    you mean like this?

68 degree HA with a 130mm fork
    13.5" BB
    29" Standover with a 130mm fork
    mixture of Columbus and Reynolds

If Yeti built a sliding dropout version of this, I would buy it in a heartbeat (it would have to be turquoise however)..
    Attached Images Attached Images

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    you mean like this?

68 degree HA with a 130mm fork
    13.5" BB
    29" Standover with a 130mm fork
    mixture of Columbus and Reynolds

If Yeti built a sliding dropout version of this, I would buy it in a heartbeat (it would have to be turquoise however)..
    I do not really care what material it is (steel, alu, carbon: I am open to suggestions from a competent designer)

Knolly Free Radical (alu) is probably a bit more than I need. Evil Sovereign (steel) is pretty close to what I am thinking now.

Oh, it has to take at least 2.5" tyres and it is not SS specific. It has to be SS able but also gearable.

In my mind, I can do it!
    An all carbon 575 would fit the bill nicely...

mtbr member
    I'd like to see a linear-rail (i.e., 303 type) trail bike - in the travel and weight range of the 575. With a higher BB.

I realize I'm the only MTBer in the world that doesn't like single speeds, but I'm actually glad Yeti hasn't hoped on that fad. They'd be a lot less cool, IMO if they did plus what is Yeti going to offer in a singlespeed that 1000 other companies aren't already making. I'm glad Yeti isn't trying to market to steel fetishists either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules
    I'd like to see a linear-rail (i.e., 303 type) trail bike - in the travel and weight range of the 575. With a higher BB.

I realize I'm the only MTBer in the world that doesn't like single speeds, but I'm actually glad Yeti hasn't hoped on that fad. They'd be a lot less cool, IMO if they did plus what is Yeti going to offer in a singlespeed that 1000 other companies aren't already making. I'm glad Yeti isn't trying to market to steel fetishists either.
    Now a linear rail, call carbon Yeti with 7" of travel at less than 6lbs... hmmmm...

I'm not sure if I'd call riding steel and SS'ing a fad... I'd say it's more retro than fad (I've been ss'ing for about 15 years before it was fashionable). Now this old steel Yeti modernized with sliding dropouts, disc tabs and a sloping top tube would be perfect.

www.yetifan.com
    Thanks for putting a credit to yetifan for that pic!

And as Yetifan, I must credit Staabi for sending me that pic.

Cheers!

Andrew

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    An all carbon 575 would fit the bill nicely...
    Have you seen the Ibis Mojo yet??
    *drools*

Conversely...have you seen in the "All-Mountain" forum some dude's carbon Scott Ransom breaking!?!?!?!

Me....HT SS, a more stout rear for the 575, something inbetween the 575 and ASX ala the RFX/6-Pack.

Oh...road and/or CX bike.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Illuminati
    I'm hearing rumours of the new 07 ASR & that fits the bill just about perfectly for me

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Racebike

A new 4-4.5 lb FS Racebike would make me drool... something without a single pivot maybe.... rails? Don't ge me wrong, I love my ASR, but that new Carbon Orbea OIZ looks mighty tasty.....

Illuminati
    the 07 ASR is rumoured to be around that kinda weight
    I always thought it effectively was a single pivot? the swing link is just to take the sideloads off the shock?

The ASR is a "modified single pivot" according to Yeti... and the 07 still is...

The swing link path is what gives it a modified compression rate on the shock (as far as I understand it)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetifan
    Thanks for putting a credit to yetifan for that pic!
    DOH! Sorry about that... That photo is from Yeti fan archives. The source of all things Yeti...

www.yetifan.com
    Thanks!

I saw everybody's posts and wishes, and I have been told that one of the above will be out sometime in the future.

Can't say more than that, other than its not steel, or single speed.

Ap.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetifan
    Thanks!

I saw everybody's posts and wishes, and I have been told that one of the above will be out sometime in the future.

Can't say more than that, other than its not steel, or single speed.

Ap.
    If I were a betting man, My bet would be on a full carbon ASR.... I would be happy to be an official tester of it as well....

local trails rider
    I bet it will be the AS-X Lite...

If it is FS, I wish it were a "short travel AM bike". Give me a 4X that lets me put the saddle up in a XC/trail position.

Rail 575 or similar is my bet!

www.yetifan.com
    I imagine that Sea Otter could be fruitful for all of the Yeti lovers out there.

OK... so I'll mark my calendar... Eyes open for next Sea Otter

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Sp

Quote Originally Posted by scant
    the 07 ASR is rumoured to be around that kinda weight
    I always thought it effectively was a single pivot? the swing link is just to take the sideloads off the shock?
    It is a single pivot. The dogbone also adds to the progressive nature of the shock.
    I would like to see something that is not a single pivot. The ASR-SL relies on the propedal platform to control bob, meaning I am always switching the lever for climbs ans descents.

The new full carbon rear end I have seen will only drop it in the 4.5lb to 5lb range. Hopefully something tastier is coming!

giddy up

29er

A 575 29er would be sweet. I think they should also add a 29er SS to the mix. there is a market and its all about riding so why not.

Illuminati

We the people ...

Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    It is a single pivot. The dogbone also adds to the progressive nature of the shock.
    I would like to see something that is not a single pivot. The ASR-SL relies on the propedal platform to control bob, meaning I am always switching the lever for climbs ans descents.

The new full carbon rear end I have seen will only drop it in the 4.5lb to 5lb range. Hopefully something tastier is coming!
    still switching the lever? nar I'm a recent XC FS convert (considering I've been riding since 85) but with the shock properly set by the UK FOX people theres not a hint of "bob"

as for the low weight, do a search on "the net", the answers already out there dude

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Have you seen the Ibis Mojo yet??
    *drools*

Conversely...have you seen in the "All-Mountain" forum some dude's carbon Scott Ransom breaking!?!?!?!

Me....HT SS, a more stout rear for the 575, something inbetween the 575 and ASX ala the RFX/6-Pack.

Oh...road and/or CX bike.
    Please don't read this in a flamatory tone, but it'd be like a newbie asking which aluminum all mountain frame to buy and someone posting "yeah, but be careful because some guy broke his Giant NRS."

i'm sure down the road a mojo will break. And one yeti carbon would break eventually.

Now how much for this C575?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast