1izalluneed
    Sep 2004

What size ARC Carbon?

About to pull the trigger on a new ARC Carbon. I am just under 6' ht with longish arms. Any input from others of similar height or with opinion about whether I should go with a medium or large would be greatly appreciated. My local trails are really tight, rooty and rocky singletrack. My last Yeti was a M 575 but I had the stem stacked fairly high and tt was shorter than current ARC C. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'm 6ft and currently ride a large big top and a medium 575 (27.5). If I could go back I would've bought the Big Top in a medium.
    I've ridden a Medium ARC and it was a good fit.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm 6' and ride a large 575 and 66. I've test rode Meds and they were definitely too small for me especially the 575.. so much so I stopped the test ride short as the bike was crippling me after only 45 minutes and jumped on the large.

Still it's a very personal thing, If you were on a 575 M and it was spot on then clearly you like a smaller bike and its a better fit. A simple indicator often is how much seatpost is exposed, if it's all the way down your bikes too big .. and same for all the way out it's too small.
    Interesting you say you had a large stack on the 575 M... were you compensating for a very high seatpost relative to the frame?

But as Kbem says he's 6' and definitely a medium whereas I'm 6' and definitely a large so sounds like your going to have to try a test ride.. it's a lot of money for a dream bike so worth the effort IMO.

Totally understand the urge to just buy and risk it though

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I am 5'9" with a longerish torso. I ride a medium ARC Carbon..80mm stem no setback post.I am very comfortable on it but IMO at your height you might be pushing a medium.
    rise above

1izalluneed
    Sep 2004
    Thank you for your input. Yes, I did have a lot of post showing on the M 575. I really think since I am right in between that either size would be rideable but a nice long test ride sure would be nice to dial in the exact size. I live in Huntsville, AL and do not know if it will be possible to test ride an ARC C anywhere near here.