mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What has Broken on your SB95C?

Looking for a little data on what issues that any of you SB95C owners have had.This data must be under normal conditions and not stuff out of the ordinary that you have done that the average person would not have done to affect the product. Any warranty problems? What have you broken or what doesn't function as you expected it to? I'm looking to buy this bike and want to make sure that the quality control is there on it and if there are any issues that any of you see repeated on this bike. I don't want to invest that much money and have problems. Finally given the choice and the money would you buy the same bike again?

mtbr member
    You must be new to Yeti, correct?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not really just doing a review it seems on the forum that there have been a lot of issues with the SB66 and some of the other bikes but I have not seen the same thing regarding the SB95c. So I am putting out there for all comments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vcyclist View Post
    Not really just doing a review it seems on the forum that there have been a lot of issues with the SB66 and some of the other bikes but I have not seen the same thing regarding the SB95c. So I am putting out there for all comments.
    There haven't though. I've had a SB66a, SB95a, and now a SB66c. No issues whatsoever with any of them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have put 2,500 miles and did 200.000 Feet of climbing so far on my 95C and had no problems at all with the bike , and I use it for AM riding in a very harsh environment that the bike was not intended to be used for.

I have gone through 3 chains on my XX1, I hit and ruined a rear derailleur cable and housing , and I have chipped up the paint alittle on the Turquoise finish and bent up several spokes but that is all to be expected , nothing to do with the design or the workman ship of the chassis at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Only re-occurring issue I've had is that I have a 3x RaceFace Next SL front and the way the rear derailleur cable is routed through the front bottom of the rear swing arm is that the tire slings crud all over the exposed cable and the grit would prevent shifting in just one ride sometimes if conditions were at all moist. We installed a rubber accordion boot on the exposed cable and it's helping but still something to keep an eye on. Probably more of an issue with the 3x instead of a 2x.

Also I'm a Clydesdale and have had to re-torque suspension pivots a few times now to get it nice and quiet, first 500 miles were off and on creaks but I think I've figured out how to keep the pivots clean and tight.

Great bike, it's definitely the best all around I've ever been on

-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    There haven't though. I've had a SB66a, SB95a, and now a SB66c. No issues whatsoever with any of them.
    Hmm.

There has been countless stories of cracked Yeti's over the years. They even manage to outdo Intense of old. The stigma is there for a reason.

You may not have had issues, but plenty have (myself included).

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    There was a bit of a trickle of cracked sb66 rear ends, at least for a while there, but I haven't noticed people complaining over the last X months.

I don't know if that's representative of winter-slowdown or simply that the vulnerable triangles have all been gone at this point.

I don't remember seeing nearly the frequency of sb95 reports, whether that's because it's a better supported structure (e.g. not one-sided like the sb66) or a side effect of the bike not being used as a lightweight DH bike I can't say.

I can say that I've tried real hard to expose vulnerabilities in my 95a since june '12 and about the only thing I've not done on it was take it to Mountain Creek Bike Park. Mine has seen speed and numerous high speed chunk fests in the PA hills though (earning my turns, as it were).