Hi!!!

... and if we just ... Is this what adultery feels like?

Since I had a good 3 day weekend of riding in Stanley and Ketchum, I decided to give the Yeti a break since I've been riding her the majority of the time this spring and summer. Last night I broke out the SS that flipnidaho converted for me. It's been several months since I've been on her and let me tell you....IT WAS FUN!!!! Got in somewhere between 10-12 miles with a buddy of mine on the local trails. No having to deal with 18 gears and Propedal settings and a Yakima Top Tube Extender.

It was just simple. It was a breath of fresh air. It was exhilirating!

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!!!

Don't get me wrong....the 575 is gonna be THE bike in my small quiver for many years to come. But I'm gonna be paying a visit to her "friend" on a weekly basis now cuz it just felt SO DAMN GOOD!!! Ehhh besides....my leg strength really needs to improve.

Do any of you guys ride other non-Yeti mountain bikes on a somewhat regular basis?
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 08-03-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

5 x 5

It's okay, man

It's a dirty little secret we all keep locked inside....

I ride an IndyFab Deluxe from time to time. It's my "road bike." Every so often a road ride leads me to the trail, and whenever I point the IF downhill I'm amazed by its handling precision and the blazing speeds I can therefore rip.

I park the two bikes in 69 fashion. They get along well.
    "Check out dude."
    "Dude, crazy."

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Was it a 26 or 29 SS? If it was a 29er SS, you may as well start singing Hare Krisha hymns or more accurately, Hezbollah war chants. That's how the 29er guys are

I like my gears but I can see liking the simplicity of a SS on a nice and flowing trail. So how did you like climbing steep climbs with it?

trail "cleaner"

SS or hardtail 2-4 rides a month

I break out the SS or hardtail 2-4 times a month. The SS for keeping leg strength up and the hardtail to hone line choices.. Riding the 575s' kinda spoil you. You don't need to pick your lines carefully like you do when riding a hardtail. So... the hardtail keeps that skill in place.
    No dabs allowed!

Hi!!!
    MrMountainHop --- when I ride my road bike 1-2x/week...it doesn't feel like cheating. Kinda like going out to a matinee with your cousin or step-sister.

Flyer -- it was a 26'er. It's 32x20 now so I can do a good number of the Barney trails around here. Granted our climbs ain't overly steep or long (at least the ones I normally ride). I started out on a different SS that was 32x16 and that was too damn tough and then went to an 18t and was really suprised at what I was able to do. Going with 20t is perfect for the type of riding I do around here. What I am missing though is a wider handlebar. Ugh. Maybe I'll just get some barends to help with leverage.

After last night, I'm starting to wonder if I granny too often when I shouldn't be granny'ing. Yeah the Yeti is several pounds heavier than my SS and maybe not as efficient. But I think all too often I feel as though I need to granny up climbs instead of trying to tackle them in a harder gear.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    But I think all too often I feel as though I need to granny up climbs instead of trying to tackle them in a harder gear.
    Most all of us feel that way, we just don't admit it

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Since I had a good 3 day weekend of riding in Stanley and Ketchum, I decided to give the Yeti a break since I've been riding her the majority of the time this spring and summer. Last night I broke out the SS that flipnidaho converted for me. It's been several months since I've been on her and let me tell you....IT WAS FUN!!!! Got in somewhere between 10-12 miles with a buddy of mine on the local trails. No having to deal with 18 gears and Propedal settings and a Yakima Top Tube Extender.

It was just simple. It was a breath of fresh air. It was exhilirating!

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!!!

Don't get me wrong....the 575 is gonna be THE bike in my small quiver for many years to come. But I'm gonna be paying a visit to her "friend" on a weekly basis now cuz it just felt SO DAMN GOOD!!! Ehhh besides....my leg strength really needs to improve.

Do any of you guys ride other non-Yeti mountain bikes on a somewhat regular basis?
    I haven't. I'm scared. I have my old GT Avalanche in the garage to be converted to a SS one day but I am afraid that if I do that I will like it too much. I am enjoying the Yeti right now. Some day I'll do the conversion but for now the Yeti is numero uno. That GT is going to make a very sweet SS though....

Adobo Lover
    I'm working on upgrading and replacing parts on the old stumpy 95. Just replaced the steering tube on the Z2 Superfly Marzocchi. It's my first baby and still was running strong when I got the Yeti. I can't just let her go.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

Who is John Galt?

Bless me father for I have sinned...

Last night I took my Yeti in to get the drive train tuned and once it was out of site shamelessly fondled a polished aluminum Santa Cruz Blur LT. But I resisted temptation and it stopped right there.
    What, me hurry?