Who is John Galt?

What 5 inches of travel will do

So I'm still riding this 575 like I did the old hardtail with 3 inches up front. There's this steep downhill on my favorite trail that ends with a tree in the middle of the trail, followed by a steep drop into a creek past serious roots and rocks.

With the HT I got off and walked past this spot. The first time I rode the Yeti I hit the spot, cut to the left around the tree, then back to the right quickly to miss the gnarly stuff, then back to the left to get out of the creek. Neat trick, the Yeti's quick steering let me pull this off so I was pretty proud.

Riding the trail last night, I hit this section and thought, "Hey, 5 inches of travel means I go right down the throat of this thing." Boom. Over the rocks, past the roots, into the creek and back out. No sweat.

Love this bike!
    What, me hurry?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Nice, but we need pics....

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Sounds sweet... I am also in the process of doing the mental switch... too bad it is already getting very cold..so I don't get to ride much...

As iviguy.. I demand some pics!!! j/k

mtbr member
    Awesome! Funny, the opposite has happened to me a handful of times, where I would ride my (sold and missed) HT a little too rough after getting used to the 575, and end up changing a tube. Glad you're enjoying the ride.

Ant

Who is John Galt?
    Going to ride tomorrow, will try for some pics. But if I crash making them I'm coming after you guys ! Going to be 70 degrees in central Missouri tomorrow, got Friday off and it's going to rain...
    What, me hurry?

Ride on
    Jan 2004
    Charging it over rougher lines is awesome. The biggest change in riding a fully for me is getting used to sitting down more. You can save a lot of energy if you remember to stay seated while cruising over stuff that requires standing on a hardtail. This saves energy so you can ride harder and longer.

Positive Vibe Technician

... and if we just ... just because i could

one of the things that sticks out in my head when i first bought my 575 is, i started looking for the rockiest/roughest lines.......just because i could.
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Bomber
    I like hearing the sound of my tires bumpin off the rocks n roots, rather than my body! That 575 just makes you stick stuff.