I like Monkeys

We gots us a dealer (I'll take the blame)

I posted a few days ago about pulling the trigger on a 575 without riding one and not having a dealer in the area. We'll we do now.. My LBS owner used to own a shop in Colorado and loved yeti's. He was just going to order one bike without becoming a dealer. But after seeing my enthusiasm and dealing with the guys at Yeti ordering my bike he sent in the forms and told me yesterday that he is now a Yeti dealer. He's already considering buying one as a personal bike to replace his blur. Now I just have to wait a week for it to arrive....

Impatiently yours,

VaughnA
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Sweet! Spread the word!!

So when is that new white 575 of yours going to show up?

I like Monkeys
    Next Wed, when I'm going to be out of town. I"m planning on driving through the night to be back home in time on Saturday to pick it up and ride on Sunday...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Cool!
    Careful driving through the night, though

Who is John Galt?
    Yeti is reaching critical mass! I just heard St. Louis is getting a dealer, that is the first for Mo. unless you count the one on the Kansas side of KC. Judging from the interest on this board, Yeti sales must be going up. Some day will no longer be a boutique bike maker.
    What, me hurry?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I posted a few days ago about pulling the trigger on a 575 without riding one and not having a dealer in the area. We'll we do now.. My LBS owner used to own a shop in Colorado and loved yeti's. He was just going to order one bike without becoming a dealer. But after seeing my enthusiasm and dealing with the guys at Yeti ordering my bike he sent in the forms and told me yesterday that he is now a Yeti dealer. He's already considering buying one as a personal bike to replace his blur. Now I just have to wait a week for it to arrive....

Impatiently yours,

VaughnA
    That is a VERY cool story! Congrats. Also, if you have never ridden a Yeti and have your hopes really high, don't be disappointed if right a way it doesn't make you a better rider. It's not magic. I was excited and a little miffed on my first ride on my new 575. I had such high lofty expectations that no bike could meet them but I also didn't have my shock settings setup correctly which made a HUGE difference when I finally got it right. After a couple of rides and getting all the settings dialed in I just love this bike. After putting a couple of hundred miles on it I can say that things I used to concentrate on I just don't think much about anymore, like which line to pick or how to ride over certain objects. I enjoy the ride more because I'm not trying to compensate for a rough riding bike and I let the bike do more now than I used to as well.

You are going to love the bike. I don't think I have ever had a bike that I liked so much that I didn't daydream of other bikes, until this one. My favorite bike prior to the Yeti was my old GT Avalanche but even when I was riding the heck out of that thing I would look at the FS bikes and want one so bad. When I'm riding the Yeti it's the other way around though. This is THE one bike for me. (ok, except for wanting to convert my old GT into a SS... )

I like Monkeys
    I'm sure it will take some time to dial in. I'm coming from a stumpy FSR that I just never felt right on after 3 years of tweaking, and I took it for a testride before buying. It always felt light on the front end and I had trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground. I wanted something that had a lot of travel and could still climb. And the universal theme I hear about the 575 is it's climbing ability. I'm sure it will take time but I'm pretty sure I'll like it. I hope its the 'bike that stops the lust'.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I'm sure it will take some time to dial in. I'm coming from a stumpy FSR that I just never felt right on after 3 years of tweaking, and I took it for a testride before buying. It always felt light on the front end and I had trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground. I wanted something that had a lot of travel and could still climb. And the universal theme I hear about the 575 is it's climbing ability. I'm sure it will take time but I'm pretty sure I'll like it. I hope its the 'bike that stops the lust'.
    That's interesting because my previous bike was a stumpy FSRxc. I tweaked that bike and tweaked and tweaked and never did get it right.

The 575 stopped me from lusting for others... But I do think the Ibis is sexy.. still the ride would probably kill it for me. Now I don't dream of buying other bikes.. Just upgrades...