mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Want to rebuild my 2011 enduro

Hey guys,

I want to strip out my hodge podge of parts in my 2011 enduro build. It has elixir brakes, x7 crank, x9 rear dérailleur and shimano fron derailuer. I have no idea what cassette. I was thinking about

Shimano XT M780 2X10 Group > Components > Build Kits and Grouppos | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

I am set on replacing the brakes, and I keep bustng rear derailuer jockey wheels and for some reason can't keep the front derailuer in tune. I am ready to chuck it all.

Do you thnk this would be a worthwhile upgrade?

Long live the ASR-7
    Take the front derailleur off and go 1x10.

Buy new brakes.

Figure out why you are breaking the rear derailleur. A new one probably won't solve that problem.

Save $$$$$. If you've got $500+ to waste on a bike drivetrain, go for it.

mtbr member
    I was thinking the same thing but the stock bike has been a rock for all the beating i gave it last summer at Winter Park Aka Trestle Bike park !! No Problem at all the Bike still Looks New besides the the dirt on it !!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    The drivetrain problems you're having are caused by bad adjustments, well the front shifting is. Breaking jockey wheels probably is too. In any event, replacing parts isn't going to fix those problems unless you do a better job adjusting the new parts - if you can't make what you have work, you aren't going to be able to make a new drivetrain work either.

New cables and housings can often make a world of difference though, if you do a good job installing: cutting and grinding the ends of the housing, using new ferrules...

Brakes.. yeah, there are better brakes than elixers. Drivetrain; what you have is mostly as good as what you are thinking of getting.

LCW
    mtbr member
    OP - you might also have a bent derailleur hanger.