mtbr member

Ultimate Serial Number?

Aloha,
    Was looking for a serial number on my Ultimate seen others post starting with a Uxxxx type. Looked all over and can't seem to find any marking - can anyone direct me where to look for the s/n? Seems I remember back in '89 when it was new I remember seeing "For Off Road Use Only" on the lower side. Thought it was stamped - but may have just been a sticker or figment of my muddy imaginations...... can't seem to find it now.
    Thanks in advance,
    David

Now... harder to kill.
    The serial # is on the bottom bracket, and is frequently obscured by the thick layer of powdercoat. Hold a flashlight at an angle up to the bottom bracket, and you should be able to see the slight impressions left by the stamping. The wording you recall sounds like it would have been a sticker, but I've never seen it on any other Yetis. Post a picture.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

mtbr member
    Right On,
    Scowered the bb and nothing. Got a reply at the yetifan to check the inside left rear drop out. Will post the number if I find it tonight. Will also post a pic as didn't see a single Ultimate in the show your Yeti post. Mine is a pre Durango cobalt blue picked up in '89.
    Aloha,
    David

Now... harder to kill.
    Yeah, if you don't have an ASX or want to argue about 575 colors, this Yeti forum is pretty dead. Post your pic in the Vintage forums, there are lots of us there that appreciate the old dusty bikes.

I've had many Ultimates and they all have BB numbers. The FROs sometimes had numbers on the drop-outs. Your powder is probably just really thick.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

mtbr member
    Right on,
    BB it was - boy do you have to look good - especially if the paint is starting to wrinkle like mine. Found it to be a U396. Thanks again -
    David