mtbr member

Turquoise or Black Anodized

Having never seen either of these frames in person, I'm torn. I'm probably ordering an ASR-5 alloy soon and it's available in my size in two colors. White is my strong preference but I can't find one anywhere.

The Turquoise is obviously Yeti's signature color. I think the ASR would look great with a turquoise front or rear triangle and white for the other. But the only combination is black rear with a turq front.

How's the turquoise look in person? I've heard people rave over the black but there are SO many black bikes out there. I like that no other brand encroaches on Yeti turquoise. But even though it's Yeti's color, I just don't see a lot of turquoise Yeti's in shops or on the trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Ugotta go with yeti color

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I wasn't a fan of the turquoise when I saw it online but I really liked it in person. (SB66) Really stands out in a good way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    You answered your own question
    Gotta go with Yeti torquoise
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

nero
    I have a black anodized FIVE that I love like my own children as I have that much time invested in the build and wish I would have went for a turquoise frame. Then again my Subaru is triple blacked out.... go figure aye? Buy a frame, build it and ride..... have fun period

never satisfied, nerofinis

EDR
    I'd choose ano over paint almost any day of the week, color vs. color after that, but that's just me.

I've owned turq and black Yetis..all very nice.

No Stranger to danger....
    Black, black and black again, its just all class plus i think the yeti blue looks a bit toyish..
    But damn fine bikes, id love one..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Sup
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Black, black and black again, its just all class plus i think the yeti blue looks a bit toyish..
    But damn fine bikes, id love one..
    this just makes me want Turquoise
    It's the new Burnt Orange
    I am slow therefore I am

Austin, Texas
    Turquoise all the way. Just bought one for a build. ASR-5 K. I was debating between some Santa Cruz' and the Yeti's when I saw the Turquoise with black chainstays...it was done, over, fine'. Had to have it, and got it. It should be in next week.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'm kind of partial to powdercoat ... I find that having the option to change the bike color in a couple years is attractive (and not necessarily expensive), and you just CAN'T do that safely with ano.

I really wish I'd have had the turqoise option for mine, it's exactly what I really wanted. I may one year find someone to powder the frame and fork lowers to match - if I can - one winter.

Sup
    I wish you could get turquoise with white graphics
    that with a white fork would be my ultimate choice
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    I wish you could get turquoise with white graphics
    that with a white fork would be my ultimate choice
    Agreed! Or how about Turquoise with a white rear swingarm? Or a turquoise swingarm with the white front triangle? Or or or ...hehe...white with turquoise is classic Yeti to me. That's why I'm still looking for an ARC frame!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have an Ano Black 5 and love it, sometimes i wish i had a color that stands out more.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i just bought a ASR5 frame. It's currently on it's way to NC.
    My choices were Black Ano & Turquoise. Love the black in pictures but in person it did nothing for me. They same goes for Turquoise. Of course i am assuming the ASR5 turquoise is like the 575. I'm just not a fan and i love some color!

I stalled a tad long and Competitive Cyclist had one Slate Gray frame in medium left so i snagged that. I'll add some color some how.

Actually CC should be out of mediums in black ano and turquoise, but their site says otherwise. The slate gray was last medium in stock.
    LOL - i better like it.
    Last edited by NightOWL; 01-31-2013 at 09:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOWL View Post
    i just bought a ASR5 frame. It's currently on it's way to NC.
    My choices were Black Ano & Turquoise. Love the black in pictures but in person it did nothing for me. They same goes for Turquoise. Of course i am assuming the ASR5 turquoise is like the 575. I'm just not a fan and i love some color!

I stalled a tad long and Competitive Cyclist had one Slate Gray frame in medium left so i snagged that. I'll add some color some how.

Actually CC should be out of mediums in black ano and turquoise, but their site says otherwise. The slate gray was last medium in stock.
    LOL - i better like it.
    I'm in the same boat, color-wise. CC has smalls in Turq and Black Ano. My color preference, mathematically, is 90% white, 5% black ano, 5% turq. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I keep thinking that I'm going to do my daily CC check (or backcountry.com or other site that is pulling from the exact same inventory) and a small white is going to show up.

As the inventory shrinks, I'm either going to make a decision or wait until one of the remaining colors goes out of stock. With the decision made for me, I'll buy what's left.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Go with paint and then have it repainted to suit your taste.
    2007 FS KHS XC104
    2012 FS Yeti SB95 (Race/XT)
    2013 HT Cannondale Trail 7
    2013 HT Specialized Hardrock Sport (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My slate ano just arrived and i love it!