Adobo Lover

Truvativ Holzfeller Crankset

Does anyone run the Truvativ Holzfeller Crankset Isis or 06 BB type on their 575? Thoughts?
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Is that the burly DH one?

Or the other one? Can't remember. Took a set of the '06 Holzfellers off a FR bike and it was very burly.

Oni

Adobo Lover
    Technically it's classified by Truvativ as a All Mountain/Down Hill Crank. High Performance Level.

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Ahh!

Okay, just read your thread on the AM Forum. I understand.

They are heavy cranks. Comperable in weight to the other DH cranks I've used. I think way overkill for a 575.

You might be better off waiting for the '07 Shimano to come out and have the older Shimano go on sale.

Oni

Adobo Lover
    The claimed weight of the 170mm 32-22 with bashguard is 700g. My stylo's are probably right at that or just below that. However, you do have a great point on waiting for the 06 Shimanos to go on sale. Probably a better bb bracket standard than my current setup. Although for a 100 bucks, I would have my Yeti setup with a crankset that fits me better plus a bashguard right now. BB ISIS issues aside, the Hulzfellers are sweet looking. But you also have another point, the crankset could be an overkill for the 575 and my type of riding. Ugh, Be patient or satisfy a new part fix. Dilemas Dilemas. Thanks for the response.