Thread: Tribe fest 2013

mtbr member

Tribe fest 2013

I've been searching everywhere and I haven't seen any dates for this year's Tribe fest. Any word on when and where? I need to make plans at work. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    2013 Yeti Tribe Gathering July 19-21 Telluride, Colorado

Yeti Link
    Last edited by kokomo22; 04-13-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added Link

mtbr member
    I was recently informed that the registration date has been moved to April 22 and can be done through the Yeti website.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I guess I shoulda signed up for the newsletter.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Damn, I'm going to be out of country during that time frame

mtbr member
    built my girl a 575 from a stumpy just so we can do together..dates set aside book flights this week!

Tribe Member
    So is tribefest open at this point? Dont want to miss out like I did a couple of years ago.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    So is tribefest open at this point? Dont want to miss out like I did a couple of years ago.
    It's not open yet, but we've got a new web store (MUCH improved) launching in the next week or two and Tribe passes will be available then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Any updates on timing?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WaySlowWhitey View Post
    Any updates on timing?
    No change to timing. We are still set for July 19th-21st and have all permits, so we will not be changing those dates. Hope to see you there!!

mtbr member
    Stoked for the Tribe Fest! I'll be driving down from Toronto, Canada. Looking forward to riding Colorado trails with fellow Yeti folks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Tribe fest 2013

Thanks. When can we expect to see passes go on sale?

LCW
    mtbr member

Tribe fest 2013

I'm seriously thinking of going this year. Telluride is a sweet location

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetimeg View Post
    No change to timing. We are still set for July 19th-21st and have all permits, so we will not be changing those dates. Hope to see you there!!
    When will tickets be available

LCW
    mtbr member

Tribe fest 2013

Do a lot of folks go solo to the tribe meets?

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

mtbr member
    I will be going solo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The Tribe Passes are now up for sale on the Yeti web store. See y'all there!

Tribe Member
    I am probably heading over solo also. Pass purchased.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    I seen that they're avail. Woo hoo!

mtbr member
    checking flights now

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Do a lot of folks go solo to the tribe meets?

I went solo two years ago to my first Tribe in Breck and met several cool people immediately the first day riding. I ended up hanging out with and becoming friends with several guys that year that I ended up hanging out again with last year in Minturn(some of them being Vail locals that showed me around some of their favorite trails last year). If you go solo you won't feel alone as there is such commaraderie among approx 150 Yeti freaks all out to ride and have a great time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm flying into Durango and driving up. I am going to arrive Thursday for the early check in and do the early ride party thing. That is the plan right now. Is anyone else doing that? .. maybe go in on a minivan for the commute. I am going to have my bike with me. I am debating between bringing it on the plane or shipping it out there. I have a bike carrier for the plane, and I can't see it being any cheaper to ship it.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettler View Post
    I'm flying into Durango and driving up. I am going to arrive Thursday for the early check in and do the early ride party thing. That is the plan right now. Is anyone else doing that? .. maybe go in on a minivan for the commute. I am going to have my bike with me. I am debating between bringing it on the plane or shipping it out there. I have a bike carrier for the plane, and I can't see it being any cheaper to ship it.
    I am currently planning on being there Thursday early enough for the ride and party. Will be traveling with my gal and another couple, the he of whom is new to the Tribe. RE: flying with vs. shipping your bike, if you get creative with your packing and split the bike into two large duffles that weigh <50lbs each, you can skip paying oversize or overweight fees and just check them like normal luggage. I just did this on a DH trip to the Pacific Northwest and it worked like a champ.

Tony, are you solo this year? Or will Steph and I get to meet the gal that bought Steph's bike?
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I bought my ticket, but didn't receive a confirmation email or any more information - will those be going out at a later date or did I just miss it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-roo View Post
    I bought my ticket, but didn't receive a confirmation email or any more information - will those be going out at a later date or did I just miss it?

I got an email with a PDF file that had a bunch of information in it after I bought my ticket. I got it a few weeks ago. In the packet was a link to something you had to fill out online - I guess to check in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettler View Post
    I got an email with a PDF file that had a bunch of information in it after I bought my ticket. I got it a few weeks ago. In the packet was a link to something you had to fill out online - I guess to check in.
    Hmm..thanks for the info! I'll just send them a quick email in the morning and see what's up. I'll be counting down the days - see you all there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Again, I am flying into Durango on Thursday and driving up to Telluride. I have my bike with me, so if anyone wants to chip in and needs a ride let me know. I think I get to Durango right at noon, which will let me enjoy the drive to Telluride. I leave on Sunday at 1:20(?)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    RE: flying with vs. shipping your bike, if you get creative with your packing and split the bike into two large duffles that weigh <50lbs each, you can skip paying oversize or overweight fees and just check them like normal luggage.

Tony, are you solo this year? Or will Steph and I get to meet the gal that bought Steph's bike?
    If you fly Frontier or United and bike case with bike weighs less than 50lbs it counts as one of your checked bags. I fly Frontier everytime to CO and the only way I can get weight that low is with a soft sided bike case like a Evoc or Pika Packworks. Surprisingly the Evoc is really well padded and protects the bike just fine.

I'm not sure if my friend Steph that bought your Steph's bike is coming or not. I'm actually coming out on Tue and am planning to ride in Crested Butte Wed/Thu with Snigs and maybe one or two other guys that live in Vail. And then we should be getting into Telluride mid-day Friday.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    To those that have gone, is it as much fun as the Yeti bikes are to ride?

It would be a pretty big expenditure, but I have always wanted to ride Colorado and this seems like a good excuse to make the 17 hour drive..
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I will be making my first trip ever to the tribe fest, just signed up, pumped! I'm coming in solo from Durango, likely Friday morning or Thursday night. Not sure how teaming up with riders is at these tribes (assume its pretty easy), but there is a few trails in T-ride that I've been keen to do. If anyone wants to get together, let me know.

Prospect > Alta Lakes > T35
    Wasatch Connector

After that I don't necessarily care what I ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ds1bush9 View Post
    I will be making my first trip ever to the tribe fest, just signed up, pumped! I'm coming in solo from Durango, likely Friday morning or Thursday night. Not sure how teaming up with riders is at these tribes (assume its pretty easy), but there is a few trails in T-ride that I've been keen to do. If anyone wants to get together, let me know.

Prospect > Alta Lakes > T35
    Wasatch Connector

After that I don't necessarily care what I ride.
    I'm going solo and will be there Thursday afternoon. I'm pretty sure it'll be easy to find a bunch of good folks to ride with, but I'd be happy to ride with you. I should come clean and let you know that I had my hip replaced in March, though. I'm riding pretty hard right now, so I don't anticipate you'll wait TOOO long for me. If you want to ride with me, PM or email at talusfinder ((-at--) gmail (...dot...) com. If you don't want to deal with a cyborg, no worries, we can have a beer together at the fest!

I've never been to the Tribe gathering before either. Very much looking forward to it.

-DS

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I am tentatively thinking that I am going.. I have never ridden in Colorado and this sounds like a good excuse to make the drive. And hooking up with people at stuff like this is easy.. We all are there for the same reason..
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I think I mentioned I am going solo. I arrive into Durrango's airport at 12noon. I have a SUV rented. So, if anyone else wants to chip in for the SUV ride let me know. I just have to get my bike box thing in the back. Also, I think the drive from Durango to Telluride is going to be quite impressive, so I might make a few photo stops. I do want to get there in time for the Thursday stuff.

I am looking forward to the riding..although, I am coming from sea level. I hope the altitude doesn't kill me.

mtbr member
    I just bought my ticket last night. Super stoked ! I bought my Yeti 575 in March and have been in love ever since. This will be my first Tribe gathering and will be going solo. I'm coming up from Albuquerque and can't wait!

How long does it usually take to get your email with the gathering info? I bought my pass late last night so I assume it'll come sometime today or tomorrow?
    Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c
    Retired: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Does anybody know if there will be Yeti Factory techs attending which could give some tech advise to yeti owners? I don't have a Yeti dealer nearby me and I have a couple questions regarding my frames.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_tico View Post
    Does anybody know if there will be Yeti Factory techs attending which could give some tech advise to yeti owners? I don't have a Yeti dealer nearby me and I have a couple questions regarding my frames.
    Every single Yeti employee are usually at Tribe Gathering. All 27 of them.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    definitely keep an eye on the weather.. it is looking like a "cool" saturday..

mtbr member
    All my planning went down the drain. Work won't let me go. Not happy.

Dab-O-Matic
    Quote Originally Posted by nshore View Post
    All my planning went down the drain. Work won't let me go. Not happy.
    Can I buy your pass? Yes, I'm desperate for a pass...anyone?
    Last edited by Simplemind; 07-17-2013 at 06:59 AM.

mtbr member
    from the web site, call yeti and see if you can get on the waiting list

Tribe Pass 2013

TRIBE PASSES ARE NOW SOLD OUT FOR 2013!
    If you would like to be added to a wait list in the event of a cancellation, please email Sarah Rawley at yetibetisarah@gmail.com prior to Wednesday, July 17th. Thank you!
    Go over the Obstacles, Not around them.

Dab-O-Matic
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomo22 View Post
    from the web site, call yeti and see if you can get on the waiting list

Tribe Pass 2013

TRIBE PASSES ARE NOW SOLD OUT FOR 2013!
    If you would like to be added to a wait list in the event of a cancellation, please email Sarah Rawley at yetibetisarah@gmail.com prior to Wednesday, July 17th. Thank you!
    Yes, I did that, but thought I'd try another avenue. Thanks for the tip, and hopefully I'll see you there!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey Simplemind - my wife and I were both planning on going, but now she's considering backing out. Where are you coming from?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DStaley View Post
    I'm going solo and will be there Thursday afternoon. I'm pretty sure it'll be easy to find a bunch of good folks to ride with, but I'd be happy to ride with you. I should come clean and let you know that I had my hip replaced in March, though. I'm riding pretty hard right now, so I don't anticipate you'll wait TOOO long for me. If you want to ride with me, PM or email at talusfinder ((-at--) gmail (...dot...) com. If you don't want to deal with a cyborg, no worries, we can have a beer together at the fest!

I've never been to the Tribe gathering before either. Very much looking forward to it.

-DS
    Guys - I'll see you there! Name's Pete... how about guys respond to this thread with contact info (or email it to me if you don't want it on the web), and I can send an email or text out with contact info for rendezvousing? I'll be getting in tomorrow, and weather depending, am hoping to hit the early bird ride.

Email: peterryanjefferson at gmail dot com
    Cell: Seven two oh, two oh nine, nine oh nine seven

Simplemind - sorry for the false alarm, the wife finally decided to go so I haven't got a pass now.

Dab-O-Matic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusker View Post
    Simplemind - sorry for the false alarm, the wife finally decided to go so I haven't got a pass now.
    That's ok, you're a lucky guy whose wife is into mtb, so I'm glad she's going. Have fun and maybe we'll meet up this weekend. (I'm the old guy with a blk 95c and a TLD gold A1)

Tribe Member
    I'm rolling in late Friday. Riding in Gunny then 4 wheeling into Telluride via Ouray. Will be in a blue FJ Cruiser. Will have the awning out and beer by 7ish. Hit me up here so we can ride

Thanks
    Rich

LCW
    mtbr member

Tribe fest 2013

Sounds like Jared Graves made it to the Tribe meet - to those that went: you lucky bastards!!!

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

Techno-Beaver
    Wow. Tribe 12 was awesome! This marks my 4th Tribe Gathering and will be back every year that I can. Graves was cool as always... The food was delicious from, "Big Delicious Catering." All the Yeti employees were great! The trails were very nice! Late night ass whooping from Ross Milan may have been the highlight of my Saturday Night. Even Darner got in on the wrestling action! So I guess you are right, LCW... we are lucky bastards.
    Epic Ride. Epic Lunch.