Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Hi!!!
    Reputation: BelaySlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,544

    Thread giving major props to Yeti & Poison Spider (x-post...not my thread)


  2. #2
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    thanks for bringing it up, BelaySlave!

  3. #3
    Noo Zeelander
    Reputation: Pedalhed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    212
    When I was in Moab ..I had almost finished riding the Amasa Back trail ... actually only 100 metres from the car and a stick flicked up and broke my rear drop out clean off ....
    I went to Poison Spider bikes because I knew they were a Yeti dealer and asked if I could get a replacement ... Not only did they sell me a couple for cost but also let me use their tools and workshop to trim my outer cable and fit the hanger for free ..You couldn't get a nicer bunch of people and now I recommend them to anyone that will listen

    I am going back in April 2008 so I will probably hire a Yeti from them instead of taking my own.
    I must ride Porcupine rim one more time before I die !!!!
    Move along please ..... Nothing to see here !!


    http://www.nelsonmountainbikeclub.org.nz/

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalhed
    When I was in Moab ..I had almost finished riding the Amasa Back trail ... actually only 100 metres from the car and a stick flicked up and broke my rear drop out clean off ....
    I went to Poison Spider bikes because I knew they were a Yeti dealer and asked if I could get a replacement ... Not only did they sell me a couple for cost but also let me use their tools and workshop to trim my outer cable and fit the hanger for free ..You couldn't get a nicer bunch of people and now I recommend them to anyone that will listen

    I am going back in April 2008 so I will probably hire a Yeti from them instead of taking my own.
    I must ride Porcupine rim one more time before I die !!!!
    Maybe by then, they'll have the new long travel 5X5 in the fleet and you can do Porc Rim from UPS!!!

  5. #5
    Ya, right.
    Reputation: DSDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    814
    The poster of the original thread and I were in the same group in Moab. We were all blown away by what Yeti did for him. I didn't get to see the new bike after it was completed because we had to head back home. But it sure was amusing to see him riding down Porcupine Rim on Friday on a Stumpjumper with nearly slick tires.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

  6. #6
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,014
    I just hope when I come across some unforseen problem with my 575's that yeti takes good care of me. I know they got good CS but by ALL threads and reviews of their CS is pretty much hit and miss kind of situation. Having two 575 just makes you think this kind of things.

  7. #7
    Noo Zeelander
    Reputation: Pedalhed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Maybe by then, they'll have the new long travel 5X5 in the fleet and you can do Porc Rim from UPS!!!
    I always hear about this trail ....
    Can you please tell me more

    Last time I was there I had only 3 days so I did the obligatory Amasa Back, Porcupine Rim , Slickrock and GoldBar Rim Trails ...
    This time I want to do Porcupine Rim (Longer Version Though), Bartletts Wash, Amasa Back, ... Thats all I have at the moment and welcome suggestions , Bearing in mind I Love the Porcupine like trails ...

    Cheers
    Move along please ..... Nothing to see here !!


    http://www.nelsonmountainbikeclub.org.nz/

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalhed
    Last time I was there I had only 3 days so I did the obligatory Amasa Back, Porcupine Rim , Slickrock and GoldBar Rim Trails ...
    This time I want to do Porcupine Rim (Longer Version Though), Bartletts Wash, Amasa Back, ... Thats all I have at the moment and welcome suggestions , Bearing in mind I Love the Porcupine like trails ...
    Try the Sovereign Trail the next time. Plenty of fun.

    I guess doing Porcupine Rim from UPS depends what time of the year you go to Moab? Correct? And I just read in Bike that it's not an official trail (yet).

  9. #9
    Ya, right.
    Reputation: DSDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    814
    UPS is closed and off limits, but you can do LPS and Kokopelli Down. We shuttled up as far as you can go and it is definitely worth it. I did it on my 5" Enduro last year, but this year brought my 7" Haro X7 and it was way more fun.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •