mtbr member

Theory on ARC 650b

Here's my theory on the discontinuation of the ARC and the lack of a 650b offering. I'm sure this is obvious to some of you but having heard nothing official, I'm claiming this as my own...

With Fox just announcing the launch of an XC version of a 650b fork, Yeti is waiting to launch the new ARC with that fork. The new Fox fork, with 32mm stanchions, is the perfect XC fork and will not debut until late 2013.

My guess is that Yeti is going to launch the new ARC, a 650b, to coincide with the new Fox fork. So we may see the bike early this year but it won't be available until later in the year.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My crystal ball tells me that Yeti is not jumping on the 650b wagon yet or at least not as a CC bike.
    They were waiting for the 29er market to develop with the Big Top (and SB95) and won't go there with 650b until it really proves to be a mass market.
    At least in Europe they are pushing 650b a lot on the manufacturer side, but so far the customer feedback seems to be not that impressive and even the big bike magazines (that are usually hyping everything to the max) are reluctant to support it in first tests.

At the current time an ARC29 would make more sense, as 29ers seem to dominate the hardtail market. If Yeti should decide to go 650b it would make more sense for an SB66 type All Mountain or Enduro bike...

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1977 View Post
    At the current time an ARC29 would make more sense, as 29ers seem to dominate the hardtail market. If Yeti should decide to go 650b it would make more sense for an SB66 type All Mountain or Enduro bike...
    That would rock for Yeti to (again) produce a XC race machine. I would have gotten the ARC instead of the Big Top, but, alas, no XL was offered.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

650b me
    I have no idea what the guys at Yeti are thinking, but I think a 650b ARC would be cool. I don't know why so many people seem to think that the only market for hardtails involves 29" wheels. I didn't wait for Yeti or any manufacturer and built my own 650b hardtail at UBI. I freakin' love it!

All 26.5" all the time!
    I doubt we'll see an XC machine. It'll more than likely be a trail/AM frame with adjustable/replaceable dropouts for 26 and 650b.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If Yeti came out with an ARC 650b hardtail (100 or 120mm travel fork), with the same interchangeable dropouts as the Big Top has (geared or SS), I'd buy one immediately.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    I always wanting a Yeti to be in my stable, an ASR is. And with growing support for 650b in no time I found myself riding converted bike.
    A 650b Yeti would be dream come true.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...