Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    It was loose and dry

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm about to order an SB66 alloy and ran across the reported issues with the bearing for the switch system. Anyhow, the most recent artical/post I found is dated around September/October 2012. So I was wondering if the bearing situation has since been resolved?

Thanks.

www.yetifan.com
    I was hearing lots of people with issues early in the sb's life. But in the past 8 months or so I've heard nothing.

I'm running an sb carbon and the bearings in this have easily outlasted my original bikes bearing lifespan.

Buy with confidence! You will not look back. It's a special ride for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've got a carbon also and have ridden what has been the worst summer here in the uk. I don't actually think I've ridden my bike in the dry yet and bearings and bike are holding up without issue. I've had my bike 4 months now and ride trail and forest at least 3 times a week. I agree with Yetifan so buy with confidence.

Phil

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Had my alu SB 66 for 8 months and thats the bearings finally giving up.Have been waiting for nearly two weeks now for silverfish here in the uk to get the over priced yeti bearings (120) back in stock and my frame is stripped down in the shop waiting on them . A mate that has a mondraker dune has just ordered a bearing kit from here.

Bearings, Kona items in KaTec Bikes store on eBay!

They are a bearing supplier that only do bearing kits for bikes and only cost up to 55 mark for the dearer ones half the price of the yeti ones !! I contacted him about the sb 66 as i could not find it on the site and he asked for the bearing numbers.I gave him the list of bearing numbers from the online yeti manual and he has them all apart from the 6808 2RS ones but is confident he can get them.

So if anyone is looking for a new bearing kit try giving him a go as i think if a few people get them from him he will add the SB 66 to the other kits he is doing on his site witch can only be a good thing for us SB 66 owners

mtbr member
    Dude just go to any bearing store you will get all the bearing kit for 20 american dlls, I just changed once for yeti bearings, then i used normal car bearings withthe same size and they work perfectlly well
    No dudes, no temas, no te arrepientas.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ye thats my plan for next time.Took it back to the shop were i got it from as i was hoping for a warranty job but no such luck and the frame is sitting in the shop stripped down waiting on the kit arriving so will not be making that mistake again.Will get some of the katec ones for the next time for half the price and not touch the bike till i have them in my hands

mtbr member
    I changed the bearing by miself is not so hard if you have a torque wrench, maybe next time I will upload a video of how to service the bearings.
    No dudes, no temas, no te arrepientas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    I'm about to order an SB66 alloy and ran across the reported issues with the bearing for the switch system. Anyhow, the most recent artical/post I found is dated around September/October 2012. So I was wondering if the bearing situation has since been resolved?

Thanks.
    I've been on the SB66 alloy for exactly 12 months now and my eccentric bearings went in about 9 months time with dogbone bearings (upper link) at 11 months with 3x/wk riding on average in mostly dry conditions, occasional wet. I was hoping/expecting to get at least a year out of the bearings, but I think this about normal wear giving the design of the bike.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emeterio View Post
    I changed the bearing by miself is not so hard if you have a torque wrench, maybe next time I will upload a video of how to service the bearings.
    What did you use to tap the old ones out and use to install the new ones. Any special tool or just soft mallet and dremmel? Also, did you remove the bearing seal and squirt extra grease in there too when installing? Phil Wood grease any other greas preferred for this if so?

Thanks.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What are you guys using for the rubber o rings in the switch bearings that are not using the yeti kit ? Are you getting them from somewhere else of just reusing the old ones ?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi yes you can get these from a bearing o ring manufacture for about 2 I got mine as I got bearings from a regular bearing manufacture.

Il take a look now for the website and let you know, if I remember the guy was super helpful and I had them in days.

This is the website

Simply Bearings Ltd

Email him the size from the yeti manual and he will match it up. The set I got was perfect

Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    On another note, if anyone has damaged the bump stop that sits on top of the bolt that screws into the bottom of the frame to stop the eccentric part rotating.
    This is a good fix

A schraeder valve cap is the the perfect fit for this, fits perfectly snug although I put a drop of super glue on the inside just incase.

If not I would have had to buy a total rebuild kit to get this one piece of plastic

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  37.7 KB

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moneycash View Post
    Hi yes you can get these from a bearing o ring manufacture for about 2 I got mine as I got bearings from a regular bearing manufacture.

Il take a look now for the website and let you know, if I remember the guy was super helpful and I had them in days.

This is the website

Simply Bearings Ltd

Email him the size from the yeti manual and he will match it up. The set I got was perfect

Hope that helps
    Excellent ! cheers

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by radman View Post
    What are you guys using for the rubber o rings in the switch bearings that are not using the yeti kit ? Are you getting them from somewhere else of just reusing the old ones ?

Cheers
    Even better- I have 2 for an SB-66 that I can send you in the mail if you will PM your address. Got them by mistake- the ones for the SB-95 are a good deal smaller.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bacon Jr View Post
    Even better- I have 2 for an SB-66 that I can send you in the mail if you will PM your address. Got them by mistake- the ones for the SB-95 are a good deal smaller.
    Hi i have just replaced my bearings a couple of months ago with the yeti ones. So should hopefully get me through the summer at least i hope ! Going to order a kit from enduro fork seals sometime in the near future so i have them for when i need them but they only do the bearings but not the seals. So will either get the seals from simply bearings or try a local supplier. I noticed you are in the states iam in the uk so prob not worth the hassle posting them over here cheers anyway

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone know if the bearing spec has changed on the 2012+ carbon frames?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6