Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In my mind, I can do it!

Starting to get antsy...

I keep checking the tracking information and all it says is that my bike left Portland on 6/1/06. I would have thought there would be scans along the way. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I am expecting a scan at the Ft Worth hub pretty quickly...

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Haha...it's like Christmas. Go to bed extra early so Brown Santa comes.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    Haha...it's like Christmas. Go to bed extra early so Brown Santa comes.
    I probably won't sleep, so I might as well stay up... I know it won't get delivered until the PM though.... That's the route at my house.

Hi!!!
    I had to wait for I think 2 months....ordered it early June and eventually got to riding it in August.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I had to wait for I think 2 months....ordered it early June and eventually got to riding it in August.
    I have the tracking number but the last entry shows:

PORTLAND, OR, US 06/01/2006 10:06 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

No departure scan, no scans from there to here... Last time I saw something like this, the item was lost for like 3 weeks. UPS says they see this all the time and assure me that it will be here... Bah. I'm getting a bad feeling....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy

No departure scan, no scans from there to here... Last time I saw something like this, the item was lost for like 3 weeks. UPS says they see this all the time and assure me that it will be here... Bah. I'm getting a bad feeling....
    Yep...been down that road....if they don't update within 2 days your usually screwed.
    Just kidding man....take a deep breath and relax by the time you get home from work tomorrow it will be at your door.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I've had multiple UPS items that showed the Origin scan for many days, then all the sudden a bunch of history scans got updated and the package showed up on time.

Young, Shawn Young

Happens alot in my experience. One scan and then at the last minute 3 or 4 scans and blamo! the package is delivered. I cant Imagine waiting for a bike to come ups. Id be going nuts. I get antsy waiting for a pair of socks. Grats on the new bike!

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I've had multiple UPS items that showed the Origin scan for many days, then all the sudden a bunch of history scans got updated and the package showed up on time.
    Ok, I'll just wait and see. The only time this has happened to me in the past it was this same kind of thing where there was an arrival scan with no updates. The package didn't arrive and I called Amazon and they said to wait another 5 days so I did. The package still didn't arrive, so they refunded the money. A week later it just showed up. The tracking was updated and sure enough it stayed at that hub for over 2 weeks before it finally got found.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    Happens alot in my experience. One scan and then at the last minute 3 or 4 scans and blamo! the package is delivered. I cant Imagine waiting for a bike to come ups. Id be going nuts. I get antsy waiting for a pair of socks. Grats on the new bike!

Shawn
    I waited this long, I figured another week would be ok. But the last ride on my current bike I was very happy to know it was the last... I have really gotten to where I hate that bike. After about 12 miles of riding my neck and shoulders are just shot from the pogostick fork. It's going to be nice to have a nonpunishing ride for a change.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    So.....no update this morning? I think he must have passed out.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    So.....no update this morning? I think he must have passed out.
    LOL.. Actually I have been real busy this morning. Customers can be so interesting sometimes. But when I know I am absolutely correct and can absolutely prove it, they can escallate all they want and it is just plain fun to me...

Ok, I got a bit antsy for apparently no reason... The tracking this morning says:
    DENTON, TX, US 06/07/2006 7:52 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

So... Looks like I will be putting a new 575 together tonight!!

mtbr member

Unless....

LOL.. Actually I have been real busy this morning. Customers can be so interesting sometimes. But when I know I am absolutely correct and can absolutely prove it, they can escallate all they want and it is just plain fun to me...

Ok, I got a bit antsy for apparently no reason... The tracking this morning says:
    DENTON, TX, US 06/07/2006 7:52 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

So... Looks like I will be putting a new 575 together tonight!!
    UPS delivers it to the wrong house... happened to me once, UPS delivered to the wrong address and left it at the backdoor. Luckily my neighbor knew me and knocked on my door to deliver the package. But, this was after a few calls to UPS (since the tracking said it was delivered at 10am but it did not have any signature and it sure as heck wasn't behind my backdoor)... But, I'm sure this won't happen in your case...hehe...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    UPS delivers it to the wrong house... happened to me once, UPS delivered to the wrong address and left it at the backdoor. Luckily my neighbor knew me and knocked on my door to deliver the package. But, this was after a few calls to UPS (since the tracking said it was delivered at 10am but it did not have any signature and it sure as heck wasn't behind my backdoor)... But, I'm sure this won't happen in your case...hehe...
    Now you are just being cruel...

Actually, I ship stuff all the time through FedEx and DHL at work and I have seen some pretty screwball things. But in this case, I think I will be putting a bike together tonight..

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I always have my bikes shipped to my office as I can't handle thinking about a bike sitting on my front porch while I'm at the office.

I guess I should have brought my Yeti to ride at lunch today in honor. Oh well, I'll go on a big, long epic-ish type ride this weekend in your new Yeti's honor.

EDR
    Wait until only 'box1'' of 2 shows up, haha.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Wait until only 'box1'' of 2 shows up, haha.
    Just got a call from the wife... There is a large box waiting for me when I get home.. YEE HAW...

mtbr member

Congrats...

Just got a call from the wife... There is a large box waiting for me when I get home.. YEE HAW...
    And welcome to the Tribe. Post the build process...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    And welcome to the Tribe. Post the build process...
    You know it...

Hi!!!
    FINALLY!!!!!

I hope there isn't a big ass traffic jam on the way home.....

Congrats on the new bike iviguy and I guess I better get over to Reed's to buy a Yeti beer glass.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    FINALLY!!!!!

I hope there isn't a big ass traffic jam on the way home.....

Congrats on the new bike iviguy and I guess I better get over to Reed's to buy a Yeti beer glass.
    Of course you know the ONLY reason I got the 575 was to make sure you had to buy a glass to give to someone, right?

mtbr member
    Of course you know the ONLY reason I got the 575 was to make sure you had to buy a glass to give to someone, right?

Man, am I glad to hear that you finally got your 575...... Especially since I have a vested interest... Your gonna love it!!

Dean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanoldo
    Man, am I glad to hear that you finally got your 575...... Especially since I have a vested interest... Your gonna love it!!

Dean

Damn, I just realized that someone beat me out by a day. Oh well, you'll still love the bike!

In my mind, I can do it!
    OMG - I can't believe this... I knew something screwy was going to happen. I got the wrong freaking bike. I opened the box and to my surprise this isn't even a Yeti. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow to call them about this. I got someone's Stumpjumper and someone got my Yeti!

Worst day ever!!!

mtbr member

No way!

OMG - I can't believe this... I knew something screwy was going to happen. I got the wrong freaking bike. I opened the box and to my surprise this isn't even a Yeti. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow to call them about this. I got someone's Stumpjumper and someone got my Yeti!

Worst day ever!!!
    Dude, that is major suckage! Let's hope they pick up the 2 day redeliver tab... In the mean time, I'll only send positive karma your way....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast