Awesomist™

So I sold my 575...

And now I am looking to build up a NEW trailbike! Can't wait, it's a very exciting time for me! I loved the 575, climbed great and descended sweetly, and I am looking for a new ride that will fit the bill as well. Thought I would get some input from the rest of the world that knows how sweet a 575 can be. Here's what I am thinking for options:

1. Intense 5.5
    2. Specialized Enduro
    3. SC Nomad
    4. Giant Trance
    5. Commencal Meta 5

What do you guys think?

Oh wait... eff that! I'm getting another 575! Except this one will be turq, for SURE. I'll post some pics when I get her built...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Almost got me there... I was wondering why if he speaks so highly of his 575, would he look at other bikes

You made the switch just for color or also frame size?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Nice.... Get the carbon swingarm too..

Awesomist™
    Heh heh...

Actually, color and build are the reasons I'm getting a new one. Mine was built "lite" with full XTR, CrossMax, that sort of thing and I want to go with something closer to the Enduro kit with a 36 Talas and a stronger wheelset, it just suits my riding style a little better. I thought about just upgrading the fork, wheels, etc. but then I realized that I could sell the bike complete and start from the ground and spend about the same amount of money as just doing the upgrades!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Oh wait... eff that! I'm getting another 575! Except this one will be turq, for SURE. I'll post some pics when I get her built...
    WHEW!!!

You can never go wrong with a SpecialED though! Just look at HOW MANY are out on a given trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Who is John Galt?
    I bought my Yeti for one reason -- it didn't say Specialized on it anywhere! I know, I looked real close. Around here that's all you see. Funny, I needed a floor pump real bad, when to the LBS which is a Specialized dealer, all they had were Spec pumps. When I lock it down on the Yeti it won't let go. Almost always have to pry it off...
    What, me hurry?

Positive Vibe Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Heh heh...

Actually, color and build are the reasons I'm getting a new one. Mine was built "lite" with full XTR, CrossMax, that sort of thing and I want to go with something closer to the Enduro kit with a 36 Talas and a stronger wheelset, it just suits my riding style a little better. I thought about just upgrading the fork, wheels, etc. but then I realized that I could sell the bike complete and start from the ground and spend about the same amount of money as just doing the upgrades!
    I'm jones'n for a 36 - talas or vanilla
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough