Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So I sold my 575...

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ShanerPVT 
#1 ·
And now I am looking to build up a NEW trailbike! Can't wait, it's a very exciting time for me! I loved the 575, climbed great and descended sweetly, and I am looking for a new ride that will fit the bill as well. Thought I would get some input from the rest of the world that knows how sweet a 575 can be. Here's what I am thinking for options:

1. Intense 5.5
2. Specialized Enduro
3. SC Nomad
4. Giant Trance
5. Commencal Meta 5

What do you guys think?

Oh wait... eff that! I'm getting another 575! Except this one will be turq, for SURE. I'll post some pics when I get her built...

See less See more
#4 ·
Heh heh...

Actually, color and build are the reasons I'm getting a new one. Mine was built "lite" with full XTR, CrossMax, that sort of thing and I want to go with something closer to the Enduro kit with a 36 Talas and a stronger wheelset, it just suits my riding style a little better. I thought about just upgrading the fork, wheels, etc. but then I realized that I could sell the bike complete and start from the ground and spend about the same amount of money as just doing the upgrades!

#6 ·
I bought my Yeti for one reason -- it didn't say Specialized on it anywhere! I know, I looked real close. Around here that's all you see. Funny, I needed a floor pump real bad, when to the LBS which is a Specialized dealer, all they had were Spec pumps. When I lock it down on the Yeti it won't let go. Almost always have to pry it off...

#7 ·
Full Trucker said:
Heh heh...

Actually, color and build are the reasons I'm getting a new one. Mine was built "lite" with full XTR, CrossMax, that sort of thing and I want to go with something closer to the Enduro kit with a 36 Talas and a stronger wheelset, it just suits my riding style a little better. I thought about just upgrading the fork, wheels, etc. but then I realized that I could sell the bike complete and start from the ground and spend about the same amount of money as just doing the upgrades!
I'm jones'n for a 36 - talas or vanilla

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.