mtbr member

Skinny's Yeti Garage by Popular or Unpopular demand

Well I decided to get a picture of the Skinnybex Yeti fleet in my garage today since the temps are perfect here today in Vegas. I have no affiliation whatsoever with Yeti cycles and I'm 100 % self funded and pretty broke Lmao but I'm enjoying my bikes more than ever before. I love each and every one in their own way.

Skinny's Yeti Garage by Popular or Unpopular demand-image1-5.jpg
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Very nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Come Christmas I'll add a Yeti Beti for my wife and maybe next year a 5+ if I decide to hang out at the strip and beg for change.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    You have your own demo fleet

mtbr member
    Large Demo fleet available at my place
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Very nice but that wall decor has got to go. :-) Go Red Devils! :-P

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Nice to see someone with their priorities straight. Just joined the Tribe a month ago with a demo SB5 Enduro that may have been used 3-5 times. Feels like it was made just for me! The new SB5+ looks very interesting, but I want to get the wife a Yeti for next season to replace her 15 yo Julianna that has 3" of travel.

She needs to decide if she wants a super light bike with about 4" of travel or a light bike with 5" of travel. She's 5'5" and 120# with exceptional bike handling skills (can do slickrock with only a couple dabs). Any ideas or suggestions on which model to try first? We are mid 50s so making things easy on our bodies is always the place to start. We also now have to go 2,000 vertical feet up from Boulder to get home.

Just like skiing the bike equipment keeps getting better so despite our age, we stay at about the same ability level lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentnight View Post
    Very nice but that wall decor has got to go. :-) Go Red Devils! :-P
    Uhhhggg, I knew I'd find my Futbol enemy at some point in these forums.......Zlatan looks good !!!!
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjkexperience View Post
    Nice to see someone with their priorities straight. Just joined the Tribe a month ago with a demo SB5 Enduro that may have been used 3-5 times. Feels like it was made just for me! The new SB5+ looks very interesting, but I want to get the wife a Yeti for next season to replace her 15 yo Julianna that has 3" of travel.

She needs to decide if she wants a super light bike with about 4" of travel or a light bike with 5" of travel. She's 5'5" and 120# with exceptional bike handling skills (can do slickrock with only a couple dabs). Any ideas or suggestions on which model to try first? We are mid 50s so making things easy on our bodies is always the place to start. We also now have to go 2,000 vertical feet up from Boulder to get home.

Just like skiing the bike equipment keeps getting better so despite our age, we stay at about the same ability level lol.
    Congrats on the 5c Enduro as well as being apart of a great group of enthusiasts and racers.

I'd shy away from the Beti ASRc because its going to be a little unforgiving for her depending on her skill level and it'll be a 27.5 regardless because she's 5'5".

The Yeti Beti 5c will be the ticket unless she can Demo a SB5+ because the smallest frame size they make is Medium but I honestly believe that the Plus bikes are awesome for the Gals and will help give them that extra confidence. But the 5c is a winner without a doubt and that's what I'll buy my wife but she's 5'2" so she needs a XS or Small frame.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have just bought my wife, she's 5.4", an ASR-C enduro small, not here yet should arrive middle of next week.
    She has demoed a few bikes inc the 5c enduro small, while finding it fun going down she found it harder work peddling uphill and in general do to the extra weight compared to her current bike. I think this power to weight ratio can play a big factor with a small woman. The geo on the small and Xsmall being 27.5 and a slacker head angle are somewhat different to the other ASR-Cs.
    I'll be replacing the stock wheels for Crests and putting a 100mm dropper and carbon bars on which i think she will rip on!
    I'll send some pics when its built up and report how it performs, its been a real journey trying to decide on a bike for her as there's little info on forums I've found for smaller ladies bike tests and sizing.

Formerly of Kent

I'd go ASRc, well tuned 32mm 120mm fork, with a dropper.

My M ASRc weighs 23lbs with a dropper. Great bike that can handle 99% of the non-bike park trails in the Front Range.
    Death from Below.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    I guess I won't need to bring my own bike next time I'm down there. I'll take the 5.5 please.

(I actually do need to go down there sometime fairly soon to visit family (more toward winter) - we'll put some miles in).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I guess I won't need to bring my own bike next time I'm down there. I'll take the 5.5 please.

(I actually do need to go down there sometime fairly soon to visit family (more toward winter) - we'll put some miles in).
    Absolutely we will ride and your more than welcome to ride any of my bikes
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Love the fleet. Finally get to see it. I'm sending the picture to my wife so I can justify my next bike. If she leaves me, I'll blame you. I just got a 6c last week.

Good times.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionX View Post
    Love the fleet. Finally get to see it. I'm sending the picture to my wife so I can justify my next bike. If she leaves me, I'll blame you. I just got a 6c last week.

Good times.
    I'll be public enemy #1 for anybody in the forum who needs to give an example that 1 bike is not enough. Just think that if you currently have 2 bikes and wan't a third it's easy to show them my fleet and say that your only half way to my sickness. We can work on a rebuttal list with well thought out answers to the common spouse complaints. I actually just finished riding my Hardtail just because she was feeling a little left out.

I'm here for any moral support as well as building a strategy for anyone that want's to justify owning another bike to there signifigant other.....remember, it usually boils down to what do they get out of the deal.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Skinny's Yeti Garage by Popular or Unpopular demand-image.jpeg

Got some bikes stolen last month. Able to replace 2 Cannondales with an Ibis Ripley LS and a 6c. Trying to convince the wife and myself that I need a 5c. I want one doesn't really fly (with her).

16 Scalpel Carbon 3
    Ibis Ripley LS X-01 Eagle
    16 SB6c frame. Boost Fox36. Awesome bike
    '16 Cannondale Scalpel 3
    '16 Ibis Ripley LS
    '15Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 2
    '16 Yeti SB6c

mtbr member
    ^don't you have a 3rd one to get stolen?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionX View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	1093152

Got some bikes stolen last month. Able to replace 2 Cannondales with an Ibis Ripley LS and a 6c. Trying to convince the wife and myself that I need a 5c. I want one doesn't really fly (with her).

16 Scalpel Carbon 3
    Ibis Ripley LS X-01 Eagle
    16 SB6c frame. Boost Fox36. Awesome bike
    A new 5c or 5c+ would fit nicely into your garage so I'm rooting for you buddy !!!!
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc