mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Setting Up My 575 (yaayyyyy!)

So, my new-used bike shows up in a couple of days, and I'm planning on a ride the next morning.

I don't think I'm getting the manuals from the seller, but I was able to download the .pdf manual off of the Yeti website.

Do you find the recommended settings are accurate? I'm 6', 165 lbs, and ride x-country with lots of vertical. Also, I can't find an online manual for the Vanilla R...how do you set up the Vanilla?

Thanks

Gittyup!
    Congrats on the new bike!

Yeti's set-up recommendations are solid. Use them as a starting point and tweak from there.

As for the Vanilla, it's pretty much an install-and-ride kinda fork. Not too much to adjust since it's a coil-over shock. The only thing you need to worry about is having the right color (weight) spring in there. Chances are, at 165lbs, the one that it comes w/ should be good, unless the original owner was a clydesdale and installed a heavier spring. When it comes time for service, check out Enduro Seals for everything you'll need to do so... see here:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id28.html

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lacticacidbath
    So, my new-used bike shows up in a couple of days, and I'm planning on a ride the next morning.

I don't think I'm getting the manuals from the seller, but I was able to download the .pdf manual off of the Yeti website.

Do you find the recommended settings are accurate? I'm 6', 165 lbs, and ride x-country with lots of vertical. Also, I can't find an online manual for the Vanilla R...how do you set up the Vanilla?

Thanks