Thread: Selling My 575

mtbr member

Selling My 575

My 2006 575 is up for sale in the classifieds section, email me at jrl0159@unt.edu for more details!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    May I ask why you're selling it? I'm just curious to know the reasons and don't mean to imply that you're nuts for doing that. What are you looking to get next?

Nevermind, I now understand why you're selling it. I was hoping to help you with the next purchase depending on your needs. I, unfortunately, am going to be of no help in your specific biking pursuit. Some of these other guys may be of more help but it looks like you may be asking the right questions in the Urban forum.
    Last edited by Flyer; 08-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.

mtbr member
    ya im headed to houston soon and the 575 will hang on the wall all year long down there, so i am biking up for a style that is popular down there along with road. thanks for the interest.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Is there no mountain biking in Houston?

mtbr member
    there are two places basically and they are manicured, flat, boring trails. all that i would need down there is a hard tail, maybe even a single speed at that. this bike is just too much for houston.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxim
    Is there no mountain biking in Houston?
    there are no mountains in Texas, or hills, or dirt piles, .........You can see Phoenix from Dallas

mtbr member
    Austin area is not flat at all. Nice hills lakes and trails. I lived there back in 95 but started MTB only when left and moved to New Mexico.
    I believe Austin area is nice for MTB.
    GB

mtbr member
    austin is nice for mtb as is sana antonio, but the last thing i wanna do is pack the bikes up and drive 2-3 hours to ride them.

Who is John Galt?

Austin MBing

Tell me where to ride in Austin. I'm going there on business in December and want to do some riding. What's the temp like in Texas that time of year?
    What, me hurry?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Tell me where to ride in Austin. I'm going there on business in December and want to do some riding. What's the temp like in Texas that time of year?
    We have two temps this time of year with a range between the two. HOT and VERY HOT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    1. you certainly can't see phoenix from dallas, as there are some big f'n mountains in New Mexico, thank you very much.

2. There is a thread at the tetongravity forums that has been discussing mtbing in Austin. Lots of pics, lots of info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Austin is probably the best major city for outdoors activity in Texas; Houston the worst. Austin is very hilly and if you like mountain biking and drinking in the heat and have to live in Texas, it can't be beat.

trail "cleaner"

technical riding spot in Austin

Austin's not that hilly (compared to the rocky mtn. states) but out on the west side of Austin is a nice riding area called 'city park'. The trail loop is kinda short so multiple laps are required for a thorough work out but its fun with loads of rocky ledges, drop-offs and pretty fast single track. The trails are shared between mtn. bikes and motorcycles but I found mostly trials motorcycle riders use it. Oh... and december is a good time to ride. Can be chilly though. Depends on what you call cold... Being from "Hellish" Phoenix AZ, anything down in the 40's is cold to us.
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Take your pick of places

The December temps here in Austin should be ok. Probably cooler in the morning but warming up a little during the day.