In my mind, I can do it!

Seatpost clamp size...

Since everyone complains about the seatpost slipping on the 575 I'll try to be proactive. What size clamp is needed and are there suggestions on what kind?

Thanks

mtbr member

Salsa or Hope...

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Since everyone complains about the seatpost slipping on the 575 I'll try to be proactive. What size clamp is needed and are there suggestions on what kind?

Thanks
    Size is 31.8 or 32.

Bad Case of the Mondays

Thanks
    I had a Salsa on my old bike, and a Hope on my 575. My seatpost has never even shown a hint of slipping, so my vote would be Hope.

Although the Salsa on my old bike never moved either, I prefer the Hope for the rounded edge on the flip lever as it looks like it would do less damage in a crash than the Salsa.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I had a Salsa on my old bike, and a Hope on my 575. My seatpost has never even shown a hint of slipping, so my vote would be Hope.

Although the Salsa on my old bike never moved either, I prefer the Hope for the rounded edge on the flip lever as it looks like it would do less damage in a crash than the Salsa.
    I like the looks of the hope as well. Ebay has them with or without the flip lever. I would be inclined to go without since the need to mess with the seatpost is extremely minimal. I think total is about $25 shipped so that's not too bad. Of course, I'll have to figure out what color CK headset I am going with first because you know the seatpost clamp simply must match...

EDR
    Of course, I'll have to figure out what color CK headset I am going with first because you know the seatpost clamp simply must match...
    I've been sick for weeks now and feel like i've stepped into the twilight zone....

Did you actually BUY a bike or am I still incoherent from fever?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I've been sick for weeks now and feel like i've stepped into the twilight zone....

Did you actually BUY a bike or am I still incoherent from fever?
    Well, you may still be incoherent, I can't really comment on that part.. but YES I did drop the hammer and buy a bike. It should ship tomorrow...

EDR
    Well, you may still be incoherent, I can't really comment on that part.. but YES I did drop the hammer and buy a bike. It should ship tomorrow...
    I didn't quite understand what you said ( ), but congrats on the bike, enjoy!

mtbr member
    I have the Salsa Lip-Lock in 32.0 mm.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I didn't quite understand what you said ( ), but congrats on the bike, enjoy!
    I imagine it will look something like this. Just an educated guess but it should be rather close.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism
    I would be inclined to go without since the need to mess with the seatpost is extremely minimal.
    Really? Not going to have the urge to go and try riding something a wee bit freaky and want to drop the seat? Wasn't that part of the impetus to purchase the 575 over the AS-R?

Oni swears by his Hope QR

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I like the looks of the hope as well. Ebay has them with or without the flip lever. I would be inclined to go without since the need to mess with the seatpost is extremely minimal. I think total is about $25 shipped so that's not too bad. Of course, I'll have to figure out what color CK headset I am going with first because you know the seatpost clamp simply must match...
    If you decide on silver then you can get the Hope QR from Jenson USA for $10 plus shipping ($5.95 to my zip code) .

Hope at Jenson USA

mtbr member

this is what you need

Thanks
    The clamp size is 31.8mm but you need a 31.6mm seatpost so it does not slip

The right size seat post is 27.2
    Sit and spin my ass...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    Really? Not going to have the urge to go and try riding something a wee bit freaky and want to drop the seat? Wasn't that part of the impetus to purchase the 575 over the AS-R?

Oni swears by his Hope QR
    There is nothing that freaky around here, which was part of the dilemma I had in the decision. I have never never never lowered my seat for anything I have ever ridden, but who know... Maybe I might need to some day. I haven't ever really done any DH riding.....

Hi!!!

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco43
    I have the Salsa Lip-Lock in 32.0 mm.
    That is what I ended up pro-dealing from QBP last night.

Can't wait for it to come in!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

I put the Hope QR on mine.....

bought the skewers too, just to try and keep the matching theme. The collar has stopped the slipping altogether, but I still have the Thompson on my upgrade list.