mtbr member

Seat post cable routing on 575

I just installed my 2012 Reverb on my 2011 575 and was wondering how you guys routed the cable. I really hate that there isn't more mounts on the frame so I had to use zip ties. Anybody else have something else set up? Here is how mine looks. The bike doesn't look clean anymore which I hate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seat post cable routing on 575-imageuploadedbytapatalk1323629288.387369.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's how I have mine routed. If you undo the upper shock bolt you can route the hose through the shock mount which is much cleaner. Or if you'll be shortening the hose (which I also did) you can just thread it through the shock mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seat post cable routing on 575-dsc03344.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwkrause View Post
    Here's how I have mine routed. If you undo the upper shock bolt you can route the hose through the shock mount which is much cleaner. Or if you'll be shortening the hose (which I also did) you can just thread it through the shock mount.
    That does look a lot better. Is there an easy way to take off the cable or do I have to rebleed?

mtbr member
    I just followed the hose shortening instructions that came with the Reverb. In my case I did have to rebleed, but I've heard that if you are careful and don't lose fluid out of the hose you may not have to. Be sure not to shorten the hose too much; I came close to doing this but still have just enough for my bars to turn all the way around.

also... to put my bike in the workstand I have to drop the saddle (to have enough free hose for raising the seatpost out), loosen the seatpost clamp, raise the post out enough to clamp the workstand to, and retighten the seatpost clamp. This wasn't something I thought about when shortening my hose.

BKB
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I installed my post the same way except id didn't use the rear zip tie. No issues what so ever.
    Who Did He Tell You That?

D93
    banned
    Oct 2011
    I just used the brazed on zip tie bracket. I experimented with adding another zip tie but I felt is let the cable bend too much. No issues at all just using the one. Shortening the cable keeps everything nice and fitted.

NedwannaB

Like the Team color scheme!

Kind of flashy but in a subtle way.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....