mtbr member

Sea Otter Classic 2014 - No Yeti booth?

Hello,

I'll go to Sea Otter Classic for the first time this year and was planning to stop by Yeti's booth and see the guys who created my SB66c!
    I checked the exhibitors here but Yeti Cycles is not listed... I'm quite surprised and disappointed. Does anybody know what's going on?

Hoki

Ipe
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Guess its a good thing I didn't put off my buying decision for Sea Otter then.
    YETISB66c

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    From what my lbs told me since they don't have a race team to support they are not going to have a booth. I'm totally bummed.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Yeah guys, unfortunately we won't be at Sea Otter this year. As you know, our team is committed to enduro racing this year, and they're going to be heading to Chile a little early to train and get acclimated.

Sea Otter (and every other race, for that matter) has always been a lot more about racing than expo'ing our product. We use these events for R&D and to improve future models that we'll be offering to the public. With that in mind, we just thought it was a better investment to get the team to their first race so they could begin to get the process dialed in for the year.

We're bummed about missing SO as well, but hopefully the scheduling will work out for us a little better next year. It's always a fun time out in Monterey.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Yeah guys, unfortunately we won't be at Sea Otter this year. As you know, our team is committed to enduro racing this year, and they're going to be heading to Chile a little early to train and get acclimated.

Sea Otter (and every other race, for that matter) has always been a lot more about racing than expo'ing our product. We use these events for R&D and to improve future models that we'll be offering to the public. With that in mind, we just thought it was a better investment to get the team to their first race so they could begin to get the process dialed in for the year.

We're bummed about missing SO as well, but hopefully the scheduling will work out for us a little better next year. It's always a fun time out in Monterey.

JP

Hopefully you guys do and Edit of the Enduro team in Chile. Everything points to this being an epic race. Even though it was a different region, the images and videos I saw of the Andes Pacifico were amazing and Chile seems to be a the forefront of MTB in Latin America. Too bad Schusler got injured and could not finish.