Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tribe Member

Score of the new year SB66 comp

So I have been eye balling a new bike and was looking forward to riding the new SB75 or SB66. But this morning on ChainLove came the score.
    They have the new SB66 Comp bike that retails for $2900 on sale for $1739. It was almost a no brainer. It has the Evo line of shocks so no Kashima coating but my current 08 ASR doesn't have it either. Build is straight off the Yeti website.

Stoked to have a new bike and can either ride it the way it is or take all the XTR parts off of my ASR. Should be here in a week or so. Ordered up a small, I'm only 5'8", since I will race some BME events and general trail riding here in CO. TT length is the same as my medium ASR.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

Long live the ASR-7
    Saw it come up just now and couldn't believe my eyes. Should have snagged one myself.

two wheel whore
    I snagged one at the same time as you. I was going to get the carbon frame for 2g's, but uh yeah this is much better for me. My WFO needs a couple of upgrades, and I'm just retesting 26's.

Congrats on the purchase!

mtbr member
    I woulda snagged a small Turq but I never saw the deal. ugh!
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

Tribe Member
    The only reason I saw the deal was I setup a notification text from SACAlerts. I put some stuff in there and got a text overnight about a Royal Racing jacket. So hopped on the computer and looked back at overnight deals. It came up at 556a MST the first time. Set the alert for the complete bike and got the next alert at 833a. Pulled out the CC and it has a new home. They had one of each size in Black and only the XL for Turq. I have always owned a turq dominant Yeti though. Told the wife after purchase because it is easier to ask for foregiveness than permission.

Shmoo, congrats on your purchase also. Such a killer deal....
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    So I have been eye balling a new bike and was looking forward to riding the new SB75 or SB66. But this morning on ChainLove came the score.
    They have the new SB66 Comp bike that retails for $2900 on sale for $1739. It was almost a no brainer. It has the Evo line of shocks so no Kashima coating but my current 08 ASR doesn't have it either. Build is straight off the Yeti website.

Stoked to have a new bike and can either ride it the way it is or take all the XTR parts off of my ASR. Should be here in a week or so. Ordered up a small, I'm only 5'8", since I will race some BME events and general trail riding here in CO. TT length is the same as my medium ASR.
    5'8" and a small? I'm just over 5'9 and prefer a large! Crazy how different sizing is from one person to another.

Congratulations on the new bike - that was a no-brainer.

Linoleum Knife
    Got the Turquoise in M.

Totally stoked. I lurve my 06 575, but I can't do a dropper or beefy enough fork.

Tribe Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    5'8" and a small? I'm just over 5'9 and prefer a large! Crazy how different sizing is from one person to another.

Congratulations on the new bike - that was a no-brainer.
    My ASR is a medium with a 105mm stem with the same 23.3 top tube. The SB66 is just as long and with the 160mm fork it pushes the front end up also. I have a super short inseam at 29" so standover is an issue at times. Everybody that I have talked to in my area said to go one size smaller so that is what I did. Guess we will find out here in about 10 days.

mtbr member
    Black xl comp
    on sale right now!$1739

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I grabbed a Medium earlier today....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any theories why they would be blowing out a '14? Seems odd - they really wanted these gone today - I think they've popped up several times today.

mtbr member
    Please post ASAP if you guys see a small Turquoise Comp on sale!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I was going to grab 2 smalls and a medium, but before I could register an account they all sold out. What a bummer.

Tribe Member
    At 615p tonight it was relisted but only had Black XL available. Set up a text message to your phone via SACalerts.com That way you can follow along when your size comes up.
    They did a small frame at 3p in Turq at $1165. When I ordered mine, they did not have Turq as an option only black.

Good luck to everybody looking for a one.

mtbr member

Looks like a SB66 frame is up there right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    Looks like a SB66 frame is up there right now.
    Just grabbed the frame for the wife. Saw the frames cycle up on the site a couple of times today. If anyone else is looking, seems like they have a number of black/turq frames that they'll be putting up over the next few days. $1,164 frame only.

Long live the ASR-7
    Complete bike listed right now. Size S and XL.

mtbr member
    I can't believe the deal!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson View Post
    I can't believe the deal!
    And I can't believe they haven't shipped my bike yet. I'm right here in Utah and expected to have it Friday; according to their site it still hasn't even shipped.

Tribe Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    And I can't believe they haven't shipped my bike yet. I'm right here in Utah and expected to have it Friday; according to their site it still hasn't even shipped.
    Right there with you. Sites says shipping via UPS SurePost. I'm wondering if they don't have them, they ship from Yeti to CL to us. I'm 20 minutes from Yeti. Just let me pick it up there. But for the deal and 4" of snow today, I can wait.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Right there with you. Sites says shipping via UPS SurePost. I'm wondering if they don't have them, they ship from Yeti to CL to us. I'm 20 minutes from Yeti. Just let me pick it up there. But for the deal and 4" of snow today, I can wait.....
    I think UPS SurePost is a mix of a couple different carriers - maybe even USPS + UPS. Which is bad.

I just ran through Live Chat with Backcountry; the rep said they "build the bikes to test the bikes before shipping". That makes no sense to me at all - why would they bother?

But anyway, the rep claimed that it should go out Monday.

mtbr member

You really can't complain that much after the killer deal you got.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    You really can't complain that much after the killer deal you got.
    Yeah I know, but when you order something...anything..you're anxious to get it. And, $1740 was a crazy deal, but still $1740!

mtbr member

I hear ya! It'll be there before next weekend.

Tribe Member
    Finally got my shipping info from ChainLove. Shipped today and will be here tomorrow. Pics to follow this week in the 66 build forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast