mtbr member
    Sep 2004

SB95c ride report

Last week I was able to demo ride the Yeti BS95c at Corner Canyon in Draper, Utah.

The bike is fantastic. The 2lb weight drop is very noticeable as the bike is very easy to maneuver and feels much more "flickable" than the Alloy version. Coming from other 29er's this did not feel like I was riding a 29" wheel - the bike maneuvered too easily and the steering was too quick.

For anyone who is familiar with the area I rode Clarks up to the Park tool station. The climb was smooth and the switch suspension is fantastic giving a solid pedaling platform while soaking up bumps so the ride is smooth and fast ( I was the weak link here - hahha)

Rode from the tool station to Brocks and over to the top of Ghost Falls. Brocks was fast and fun with the bike giving a soild feel that was connected to the trail at speed.

Ghost falls down was a blast - the bike kept me pinned to the trail as I hit switchbacks and sweepers at speed. I was riding a Ikon in the rear and an Ardent up front which I feel is a great combo for the bike for most of Utahs trail riding.

At the T on Ghost I went left and traversed over to the lower half of Rush. The grin on my face as I hit all the doubles - burms - sweepers and step-ups on lower Rush to the bottom was there the whole time. This bike was MADE for these trails. The bike gave me the feedback I needed to keep the wheels where I wanted but kept the experience raw enough that the fun factor is very high.

I was looking at a few other bikes but SB95c won me over easily without even trying. Can't say enough good things about the ride quality. I was on the Race setup with full XT and M1700 DT wheels.

First shipment can't get here soon enough.
    Last edited by Salt Cycles; 04-28-2013 at 05:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

SB95c ride report

Were you at a Yeti demo? And if so, do you recall what bikes they have available to ride? I'm going to try and catch on in a few weeks. Torn between the SB-95a and c.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not Bad
    Nice report thanks for posting! Looking forward to seeing mine in roughly a month, with a bit of luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by breed007 View Post
    Were you at a Yeti demo? And if so, do you recall what bikes they have available to ride? I'm going to try and catch on in a few weeks. Torn between the SB-95a and c.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes - it was a demo Yeti was doing.

They had SB66 a's and c's.

SB95 a's and c's.

They had the new Carbon ARC (looks so gorgeous in person - truely a beautiful bike)

That was all I can remember but they had LOTS of bikes packed into the Van they were driving.

And the crew that was demoing were great guys. Yeti guys are just down to earth guys who love to ride. Super fun demo. Highly recommend going to one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the post. Missed a Yeti demo this weekend and was hoping to try one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

SB95c ride report

Quote Originally Posted by cmanser View Post
    Yes - it was a demo Yeti was doing.

They had SB66 a's and c's.

SB95 a's and c's.

They had the new Carbon ARC (looks so gorgeous in person - truely a beautiful bike)

That was all I can remember but they had LOTS of bikes packed into the Van they were driving.

And the crew that was demoing were great guys. Yeti guys are just down to earth guys who love to ride. Super fun demo. Highly recommend going to one.
    Great to hear. Looking forward to the demo.

Looks like it's going to be at Deer Creek. Ironic, as the mtb bug hit me while hiking that trail a few years ago. Took a break near "the wall of shame" and watched a guy trials-hop his way down it. Knew right then I had to get a bike.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Completely agree. Never ridden a 29er and can't believe how much fun and flickable it felt at the demo.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

SB95c ride report

I have decided not to go to the Yeti demo next week. Seems like a waste of time at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB95c ride report-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1367888561.085247.jpg  

oot & aboot in Colorado
    Aug 2010
    I spent about an hour on an SB95 carbon on Saturday.
    I didn't want to give it back

This was at a demo event put on by Sports Garage in Boulder Colorado

The guys working in the Yeti demo tent were super cool and helpful.

I fell in love with the turquoise race setup.
    I'm ready to buy.. but nobody I've talked with is going to have any any time soon