Thread: SB95c is here!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

SB95c is here!

mtbr member
    and I just bought my aluminum sb 95 ... doh.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nsbucky View Post
    and I just bought my aluminum sb 95 ... doh.
    unless you are completely weight obsessed, stick with the alloy. many have asked me if I'd get a carbon SB-95 when it comes out. I'm not racing it.. and I have my alloy down to 26-ish lbs.

sure, a couple pounds lighter would be great, but I never have to worry when I kick up baby heads/rocks at speed, the bike tips over, etc.. alloy for the long haul!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You really have a SB-95A down to 26ish with pedals on it? That has to be a rediculously light (and expensive) build list.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider View Post
    You really have a SB-95A down to 26ish with pedals on it? That has to be a rediculously light (and expensive) build list.
    high end build, but not redonkulous money. a lot of it i swapped from an older bike. sram xx/xo set up as a 1x10, dt hubs (which i already had) laced to cheapie Chinese rims. ti pedals. prolly 26.5? not sure, don't own a scale. i put it on a shop scale last year when it was built.

before anyone chimes in about me using carbon rims on an alloy bike, and that i'm contradicting myself... rims are a consumable more than a frame. much cheaper/easier to replace. already munched a rear rim last summer (my fault, not the rim).

mtbr member
    I am 95% sure this will be my next bike - likely a late summer buy. Any chance for an all black version (a la the 66) by then?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    I am 95% sure this will be my next bike - likely a late summer buy. Any chance for an all black version (a la the 66) by then?
    I take it you haven't click on the color link for the SB95c? You will be happy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sloth View Post
    I take it you haven't click on the color link for the SB95c? You will be happy.
    I did, and should have been more clear...ALL black, no turquoise!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ah, I'm sleep deprived from travelling and didn't catch that.

mtbr member

SB95c is here!

No worries, and the blk/turq looks great, oven just got a thing for black bikes with red accents and not sure how the red will look with the turq.

If no all blk, will still buy it!

mtbr member
    Nice
    Last edited by AaronJobe; 04-19-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: doh

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Looks so sexy in person today at sea otter plus 2lbs lighter than alum brother! Should be available for order now they said! Will post my pics soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    While I do like the Sb95a/c, if you really want a weight that would be key to race with. I believe the Turner Czar is XX1 and 22lbs that has been stated on a few websites along with Dave Turners video on the bike. Now I believe that is a full build, no pedals... Though I haven't seen a price line on the bike just yet, I would assume its going to be a tad pricey considering their alloy frames start at $2195... I wil still buy a yeti since I am not going carbon anyway.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Just talked to Yeti and the word is the bikes will be delivered to dealers mid May.

DANG they look sick. ME WANT.

mtbr member
    The first thing that comes to mind is "Wow, that's a thing of beauty". Then I notice the external cables and think WTF? No internal cable routing. On a carbon frame? FAIL.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    No internal cable routing for a stealth dropper post is indeed a fail. I really wonder why they don't have it.

Unpredictable
    It is nice and a really nice frame, but the flex through the wheels (obvious in the last second of the vid) makes it even more important to have a frame that allows for that flex. Alloy cannot do it. It's too good a bike for 29 wheels and rubber (today) though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Pricing and build descriptions up on jensonusa.com

mtbr member
    Any idea how much the stock XT build weighs?

mtbr member
    Any confirmed news on availability? Spoke to a Jenson rep and he hinted at August as a possibility. Looking forward to getting a sb95. Would like to get the C version, but 3 months out is a lot of time without a bike.