mtbr member
    Mar 2009

SB95 - Which would you choose ?

- If your budget was < $5K would you opt for the Carbon Frame and the Enduro kit ? Or would you go with the Aluminum Frame and the Race Kit ? and why... Both of these setups seem to be within $100 of each other. I am also curious which setup would be lighter.

- Or, would you get the SB95 Enduro version and possibly upgrade as you go along ?

- The SB95 Enduro weighed at my LBS checked in at about 31.5 lbs. Anyone have the weight on the SB95 Al w/ Race Kit ? I'm curious how much lighter the bike would be with the Race Kit...

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Min SB95A/Race (Large) was originally just over 30#, with Time Alium pedals, converted to tubeless, otherwise stock.

I'd have a hard time making your decision, but I'd likely go with the Enduro Carbon, but separately upgrade the brakes to Shimano SLX with ice-tech rotors, possibly schedule future wheel replacement.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I would also go carbon enduro package . The spec this year has the 34 Fox Fork.Change to Shimano brakes. Sell the Mavics and pick up some stan's Arch EX wheels.

mtbr member
    Carbon frame and upgrade the parts over time. Much less likely to change the frame.

mtbr member
    Didn't have the patience to wait for the carbon. In the process of upgrading my enduro alu with wheels, cranks, cassette, chain and bar. Might save 2 pounds doing these upgrades. More important is how these parts will enhance the ride quality. A quality not obtainable by just a 2 pound weight reduction by going carbon.

Put it through its first 22 miles this weekend. Looking forward to the enhancements - cause it does need it...

With that said, I may eventually sell the frame and get the carbon version. So, i'm essentially doing opposite of what was said above.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Carbon and upgrade parts as you go. Awesome bike.