mtbr member
    Apr 2005

SB95 Single ring set ups?

So I set up a friends 95 with a MRP X1 bb mounted guide and it took some creative file wotk to get it to clear.

Just wondering what others have done or used? Trying to decide what to use on my 95c build. Taco style perhap, direct mount or ? Im going 30tooth so taco may be out.
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub View Post
    So I set up a friends 95 with a MRP X1 bb mounted guide and it took some creative file wotk to get it to clear.

Just wondering what others have done or used? Trying to decide what to use on my 95c build. Taco style perhap, direct mount or ? Im going 30tooth so taco may be out.
    I just took the large ring off my XTR 2X crankset and run a 28T and a bash in place of the large ring. I've never had a problem with jumping gear or dropping the chain, but I have finally added a Bionicon C-Drive to stop the chain slap. Works great.

mtbr member
    Get the ISCG tabs and mount a chainguide up proper! Seriously, pretty much any chainguide (top guide, taco-style, full guide iwth bash) is going to work and be much easier to fit with the chainguide tabs. If you are using a clutch-type rear derailleur then a top guide will probably work, if not I'd use a full guide.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks DB, I think Im going that route, is 05 the ticket?

Simple: I have ran your setup for years and just dont find myself in the granny around here. So...trying something new. I can always put it back on if the legs or lungs start sreaming :-)
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm on a SB 66 but I am running a BlackSpire 30T ring on the inside of my XT 2x10 with a BBG bashguard on the outside and Bionicon chain guide. I mounted a small piece of aluminum from the front mech mount to keep the chain from dropping to the inside. I'm actually going to ride this weekend with the home made guide off to see if it drops the chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB95 Single ring set ups?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I've got a SB-95 c and run a single 35 with ethirteen chain guide. For the riding I do it's perfection.SB95 Single ring set ups?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371875258.296499.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Are you using the 05 Yeti bb adapter?
    Enjoy every ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

That is correct.

mtbr member
    I've been using the E13 direct mount/etype upper guide.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I rode over 16 miles of rooty single track over the past week WITHOUT the home made guide I have pictured above and never dropped a chain to the inside or out. I am running a BlackSpire chain ring which has a little bit taller teeth than the stock XT teeth so that may help.

mtbr member
    I recently did some experimenting with a Blackspire ring and type2 rear der sans chain guide or bash ring. It didn't work at all. Constantly dropped chains. Ordered a Wolftooth XX1 style ring and I've got a couple hundred miles on it without a single issue. Very impressed with how well the tooth profile performs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have got the XX1 set up and am running the MRP AMG carbon guide , it has a nice taco which should give me good protection , I am in AZ and we have big rocks with nasty hack and you always slam the bike into everything , Im using the ISCG 05 adaptor I should have the bike ready for the first ride next week so I will see how strong the taco is ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I used a wolftooth 32 tooth with no chain guide and X9 type 2 rear D. Hasn't missed a beat...

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr View Post
    the MRP AMG carbon guide....first ride next week so I will see how strong the taco is ?
    I first put an MRP XCG on the bike, and folded that back-plate over 45 degrees from some hit somewhere. Thankfully away front the chainring. I've replaced it with the AMG and that has taken some hard hits. One hit actually shattered the taco into two piece, but the backplate was happy as a clam. Thankfully tacos are easy to replace. :^)