mtbr member

SB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine

Dropped by my local book shop yesterday and was surprised to find a yellow SB75 on the cover of Mountain Bike Magazine. Not sure what issue it was. They had a lengthy writeup on the bike and from what I read, had a lot of positive things to say.
    The Mtn Bike App --> http://mtbphotoz.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetheridge View Post
    Dropped by my local book shop yesterday and was surprised to find a yellow SB75 on the cover of Mountain Bike Magazine. Not sure what issue it was. They had a lengthy writeup on the bike and from what I read, had a lot of positive things to say.
    That's the April edition. I am waiting to read it because I bought a SB75 and I am still waiting for it to be delivered. There are mixed reviews and I was curious to see what did they say about it. I am really thinking of switching to a SB95, but I want to give the 27.5 wheel a chance.
    Can you recall what are the negatives mentioned?

Thanks

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Not sure if this is readable, but here's the article.

The main issues they had with the bike were component-related - they wanted a dropper and a wider bar. Performance wise, they seemed very happy.

Cheers,

JP
    SB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine-mba-1.jpgSB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine-mba-2.jpgSB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine-mba-3.jpgSB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine-mba-4.jpg
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post

The main issues they had with the bike were component-related - they wanted a dropper and a wider bar. Performance wise, they seemed very happy.

Cheers,

JP
    JP,

Thanks a lot for the article! I cannot wait to get the bike!

Pat

mtbr member
    A very good and proper write up on the SB75 and reviewed as a trail bike which the bike is designed for. Glad they weren't comparing it to the $10k carbon SB66, as done by many clown reviewers out there on the web. Two different purposed bikes, they will perform differently. I'm glad Yeti came out with a 27.5 trail bike, the geometry on this bike is exactly what I've been looking for and perfect for the type of riding I do!

EDR

Re: SB75 - Cover of Mountain Bike Magazine

I thought it was a 5 inch bike not a 5.7 inch bike. I'm so confused.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by giantdefy View Post
    A very good and proper write up on the SB75 and reviewed as a trail bike which the bike is designed for. Glad they weren't comparing it to the $10k carbon SB66, as done by many clown reviewers out there on the web. Two different purposed bikes, they will perform differently. I'm glad Yeti came out with a 27.5 trail bike, the geometry on this bike is exactly what I've been looking for and perfect for the type of riding I do!
    I agree that review is stupid, they did not compare the bike to another 27.5, they compared it to the SB66. I would like to see those guys comparing the SB75 to the SC 5010 or tracer 275, Remedy or other 27.5.
    I got tired of rolling over stuff in the trail with my SC tallboy LT. It's not fun anymore. Let's see how the 27.5 behaves.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    I thought it was a 5 inch bike not a 5.7 inch bike. I'm so confused.
    Maybe they tested the new Yeti SB 76??? 

Article says front 5" and rear 5.7". I think they meant front 5.7" and rear 5". Looks like they took measurements, coz the spec sheet is slightly off from the yeti geometry chart. Otherwise very good article.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post

Cheers,

JP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBA 1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	877658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBA 2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	877664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBA 3.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	877665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBA 4.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	877666
    Hi John, maybe you can answer some questions for me.

1. I have the Yeti SB-75 race. I saw in the review article that they put 30% sag front and rear. However, they also wrote that the bike has 5.7 inches of rear travel and that it has internal routing for a dropper post (which it does not, that hole is a port), so I'm not too confident in mbaction's guidelines.

What do you recommend I set the sag to? I weigh 150 pounds. Have you heard of people setting the sag to 10% or less? Because when I do I still bottom out once or twice, but when I had the sag set to 25% it felt way too mushy. Is this just me not knowing how the bike is supposed to feel?

2. Is there a user's manual available for the SB75? I see that the SB66 has an online manual but I couldn't find one for the 75.

Cheers!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    SAG- This is a very personal preference sort of thing. We feel like the bike rides best in that 25-30% range, but everyone's different. Ride what works best for you.

Manual - Those manuals take an immense amount of time to put together for a tiny company like ours - basically, someone has to stop doing their regular job for days/weeks to put together the manual. We're working on it, but we didn't want to delay the release of the bike to wait for the manual to be complete. In the meantime, the SB95 manual is a good reference, as the bikes are very similar in design and intended use.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    RE: 5.7' of travel -- I think that's just a typo, or someone in editing copied part of the specs from the 575 instead of the SB75. Keep in mind the same issue did an honest review of an electric-assist "mountain bike" and said it was a great option when time is limited and you want to get out for a "ride".