mtbr member
    Mar 2016

SB6c and MRP AMG V2 chain guide

I am trying to install the AMG V2 carbon chain guide and the chain is rubbing against the guide.

Not using any washers ( spacers ), and so can't figure out how to move it any further closer to the frame.

Does this chain guide work?

Is it just supposes toot rub like that? I am in the 11t gear in the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB6c and MRP AMG V2 chain guide-img_2183.jpg  

SB6c and MRP AMG V2 chain guide-img_2184.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I have sixc cranks, and narrow wide chain ring, xtr rear casset.

This is a 2016 boost version of the SB6

mtbr member
    that's normal if you are at the extremes of the cassette, can't say from the picture but looks like it's not too much to cause problems and should go away as the chain wears the guide a bit, I hade some chain rub on my oneup guide on my sb66 when at the 42 cog. mrp website actually says it's normal and expeded.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Had the same issue on my 16' SB6 & AMG with the rubbing being pretty significant. Returned it, got the new ONE-UP Chainguide and have noticed very little contact between the guide and chainring. Plus the ONE-Up was cheaper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    Had the same issue on my 16' SB6 & AMG with the rubbing being pretty significant. Returned it, got the new ONE-UP Chainguide and have noticed very little contact between the guide and chainring. Plus the ONE-Up was cheaper.
    i support this statement. My one up guild dosent rub at all. for 45$ its rad

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

in the small 11t gear

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    that's normal if you are at the extremes of the cassette, can't say from the picture but looks like it's not too much to cause problems and should go away as the chain wears the guide a bit, I hade some chain rub on my oneup guide on my sb66 when at the 42 cog. mrp website actually says it's normal and expeded.
    I am in the small 11t gear in the back, so it should not be touching at all in my book. And the directions say the chain should be in the middle of the guide.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    So I called MRP and they said this is a common problem with the carbon version. The AL can be bent to solve the problem.

They said the cause is that YETI move the ISCG mounts out, but that the Race Face Sixc and chain ring are not BOOST.

So according to MRP, this product is not compatible with the boost version of the SB6c.

They said you could get a shop to reface the ISCG mounts ( who would do that ), or get the AL version and bend it, or try another product.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Do you have the 2015 or 2015 SB6?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Grant View Post
    I am in the small 11t gear in the back, so it should not be touching at all in my book. And the directions say the chain should be in the middle of the guide.
    Missed that, I thought it was the 42! looks like you got the response from mrp! like others recommended try the oneup, sinche the guide is plastic you can use a file if you have too much chain rub

mtbr member
    For reference, this is a 2016 (Boost) frame with a Sixc crankset and an e*thirteen trs+ chainguide. No spacers and alignment is pretty much perfect.SB6c and MRP AMG V2 chain guide-cl.jpg