mtbr member

SB6c Enduro Build is going to be a home run !

This a indeed a great time to be in the market for a burly bike as so many companies have really compelling offerings.

Today with the announcement and release of the SB6c Enduro build Yeti is answering the call to all prospective customers that want to own one of the truly great bikes available at a price that gives really good value and performance as well as one of the best looking frame colors you could ever want.

18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Wheels, Tires and Fork are the compromises but to get you in the game on the baddest mountain slayer made I say no better time than today. This is THE build if you've been on the fence.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

Yok
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Why would the tires and fork be considered "compromises"? The fork and shock may be the next tier but ride-performance-wise should be the same as that of Kashima. I thought the drivetrain is compromised and I agree wheelset is somewhat too..

Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Wheels, Tires and Fork are the compromises but to get you in the game on the baddest mountain slayer made I say no better time than today. This is THE build if you've been on the fence.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Interesting offering! Looks pretty nice!
    Though the color seems to be shiny, compared to the matte 5.5c :-)

mtbr member
    I wish I could try the fork out. I'm coming from several years on Lyriks, and now riding a Pike. I lost some interest after posts that seem to point to the fork being the base performance model, not the performance elite. I hope more info is released about the specifics of the fork.

I'm also curious about how my monarch would feel on this, love it compared to the ctd that came on my 66.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yok View Post
    Why would the tires and fork be considered "compromises"? The fork and shock may be the next tier but ride-performance-wise should be the same as that of Kashima. I thought the drivetrain is compromised and I agree wheelset is somewhat too..
    I've ran the HR2 as a front tire and didn't care for it for my south west dry and loose trails. The DHF front works well in all conditions despite its heavier weight. The HR2 would not even be in my top 5 choices for a rear tire.

The fork will be fine for most but let's face it if you've run either a Fox Factory or RS Pike or Lyrik in the past the fork will not be at the same level as the Fox Performance fork and that's totally understandable given the difference in price between the 2 builds.

The GX drivetrain is as nice as XT 8000 IMHO so I don't find it as a weakness one bit. Maybe the shifting won't be as crisp as the Shimano upper tier but weight and durability are very good. Also 10x42 is perfect.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    The bottom line is the Bike at this price point is really really solid and the geometry and Switch infinity platform make all the difference. Buy the bike and ride the bike. No upgrade made will replace the fact the the build is trail ready and can be ridden at a high level as soon as you pump up the tires.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    If only the Jenson custom build with the Pike and Float X was available in a medium. I'd be all over that. I guess I'll keep riding the 66 and hope that there's a similar build for the 5.5 in a year or so.

mtbr member
    I've ran the HR2 as a front tire and didn't care for it for my south west dry and loose trails. The DHF front works well in all conditions despite its heavier weight. The HR2 would not even be in my top 5 choices for a rear tire.
    That's really a preference, not necessarily a compromise. I've got an HR2 on the front of my 66 and I just have to be aware of the need to lean on it and be aggressive in the turns to engage the side knobs. I've got DHFs front and rear on my old park bike, but ran the original high rollers on that for years.

Cactus Cuddler
    Well, color me interested about the SB5.5c Enduro... that color scheme is hawt.

mtbr member
    V

The fork will be fine for most but let's face it if you've run either a Fox Factory or RS Pike or Lyrik in the past the fork will not be at the same level as the Fox Performance fork and that's totally understandable given the difference in price between the 2 builds.

The GX drivetrain is as nice as XT 8000 IMHO so I don't find it as a weakness one bit. Maybe the shifting won't be as crisp as the Shimano upper tier but weight and durability are very good. Also 10x42 is perfect.
    The question some people are wondering, is the fork the Performance Elite with the Fit4
    damper or not? Considering last years Enduro builds came with the Fit 4 performance, for the same price, if not, it will be a let down and stear some people away from the Enduro model.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I saw the email from Yeti last night. Not liking the color at all, but glad Yeti is putting out a more "affordable" model of their bikes now that they've done away with alloy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    V

The question some people are wondering, is the fork the Performance Elite with the Fit4
    damper or not? Considering last years Enduro builds came with the Fit 4 performance, for the same price, if not, it will be a let down and stear some people away from the Enduro model.
    This will be answered soon as I assumed it wasn't the Fit 4 model but instead the Grip model reflecting in the price. When I was specing my build for my 5.5c I almost bought a Yari fork and was going to do the Avy Cartridge. I wonder if Avalanche has an upgraded damper for the Fox performance stuff ?
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I saw the email from Yeti last night. Not liking the color at all, but glad Yeti is putting out a more "affordable" model of their bikes now that they've done away with alloy.
    Really, I love the silver. Do you prefer the Gloss Black color that the other Enduro models come in ?
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Yeah, I think the silver looks killer. The fork is the only thing holding me back (that and the possibility of a 5.5 enduro eventually)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    Yeah, I think the silver looks killer. The fork is the only thing holding me back (that and the possibility of a 5.5 enduro eventually)
    If i remember correctly the Enduro builds have been released only in the past 18 months so maybe in 9-12 months you will soon have a 4.5c and 5.5c Enduro build available.

Or just spend the extra 1k and get the 5.5c or 6c today and not worry about the fork cause you'll have the factory fit 4 and factory shock plus the color frame you want. I realize $1000 is a considerable amount of money but you won't need to upgrade much except the wheels when the time is right.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Really, I love the silver. Do you prefer the Gloss Black color that the other Enduro models come in ?
    Neither to be honest. Even white would be better than silver or black if they want to keep the bright colors for the "c" bikes and stick with primary colors for the Enduro builds.

Yok
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    IMO Yeti can and should have some sort of direction on product differentiation between the "enduro" and the premium line-up.
    Silver has been the color for 5.5c which is a premium line. Now silver is on a the 6c "enduro" model.

Before the 6c "enduro" I was guessing the direction is to have all "enduro" in glossy black.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I was at my LBS today and they had a silver SB5.5 go through last week. They said the silver was matte and the shade changes depending on the amount of light hitting it. They said it was like nothing they've ever seen before.

The SB6e on the Yeti site looks gloss and I'm not sure if it'll have the same greyscale effect. I guess we'll know for sure when the bikes hit the streets or when JP swings by the forum.

I see what you're putting down though. For comparisons sake, SC doesn't colour differentiate between their C and CC lines at all.
    Last edited by shoopow; 06-02-2016 at 07:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yok View Post
    IMO Yeti can and should have some sort of direction on product differentiation between the "enduro" and the premium line-up.
    Silver has been the color for 5.5c which is a premium line. Now silver is on a the 6c "enduro" model.

Before the 6c "enduro" I was guessing the direction is to have all "enduro" in glossy black.
    Ok, Are you unaware that the ASRC is considered one of Yeti's premium line bikes and it's gloss black, just like the ASRC Enduro and most people can differentiate between the two, just look at the forks/ shocks. I like the glossy silver, but I get what you are saying about keeping the gloss black Enduro trend going.

mtbr member
    I really liked the fact that the silver color was exclusive to the 5.5c only but to be honest it doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm happy that people who have always complained that they would buy a 6c if it was priced more closely to the Nomad C now have that option instead of the typical response that paying $1000 more is crazy.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    I'm hoping for a future SB model to be available in the orangish yellow shade like the 575 was awhile back. I liked that color. I do think the 5c Yellow looks good but I'd prefer the Yeti trademarks to be Turquoise instead of black.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

Yok
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Some of these bikes are not pre-assembled before sending to dealers. So it is really easy to swop out component by not even installing them. Fork will be the 1 component that is easily changeable. Shock is too, to a certain extend. To have similar colors (either within the same product line or across product line) that cross representing the premium and "enduro" range is something that IMO Yeti need to internalized and decide...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    Ok, Are you unaware that the ASRC is considered one of Yeti's premium line bikes and it's gloss black, just like the ASRC Enduro and most people can differentiate between the two, just look at the forks/ shocks. I like the glossy silver, but I get what you are saying about keeping the gloss black Enduro trend going.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I can't seem to find anything on when these will be available for purchase. Anyone has some info?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3NN15M View Post
    I can't seem to find anything on when these will be available for purchase. Anyone has some info?
    Usually, once Yeti puts on up on the site it's available to order/purchase that day.
    They keep secrets pretty well, so most dealers are finding out when we find out.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Hey guys,

These are starting to ship this week and next. We had a couple weird last-minute delays from suppliers that required us to hold back on shipping them.

FYI,
    JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    So do we know if the enduro is the same finish as the 5.5?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hsm400 View Post
    So do we know if the enduro is the same finish as the 5.5?
    No. SB6c Enduro is gloss and SB5.5c is matte.