mtbr member
    Dec 2011

sb66c advice - Push stock CTD RP or monarch plus rc3?

I found a like new monarch plus a rc3 with a L comp and L rebound tune for about same price as Pushing my RP.

1. Is that the correct tune on the RC3 for the 66c?
    2. Which is money better spent between the 2?

Thanks Tribe

HAHA PWN
    Have you thought about the Cane Creek Double Barrel air shock? You can sell your Float and use it towards it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhom View Post
    Have you thought about the Cane Creek Double Barrel air shock? You can sell your Float and use it towards it.
    no because I am more a "set it and forget it" kinda guy. Give me too many things to mess with and I will make a mess ...lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    [QUOTE=yeti575inCA;10906623]I found a like new monarch plus a rc3 with a L comp and L rebound tune for about same price as Pushing my RP.

I'm due to have my CTD back from PUSH this Friday and hope to ride it over the weekend. Will report back after logging a few miles. What sold me on PUSH was their fantastic customer service and suspension knowledge. I had the pleasure of dealing with both Nick and Rich, which between the two answered all my questions and educated me along the way. Getting my rear shock and FOX 34 dialed to my riding style, type of bike and overall body weight just made sense to me.

KV

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    [QUOTE=Kiwivelo55;10908145]
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    I found a like new monarch plus a rc3 with a L comp and L rebound tune for about same price as Pushing my RP.

I'm due to have my CTD back from PUSH this Friday and hope to ride it over the weekend. Will report back after logging a few miles. What sold me on PUSH was their fantastic customer service and suspension knowledge. I had the pleasure of dealing with both Nick and Rich, which between the two answered all my questions and educated me along the way. Getting my rear shock and FOX 34 dialed to my riding style, type of bike and overall body weight just made sense to me.

KV
    Yeah I have had a rp23 pushed on my 575 and they were great to work with, so thats not the issue. Just wondering if my 200.00 is best spent on a tune or RC3

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    no because I am more a "set it and forget it" kinda guy. Give me too many things to mess with and I will make a mess ...lol
    That makes no sense? If that really is true then call CC and have Malcolm provide settings and "pretend" they aren't there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    meaning the. Cc air has many variables and I like the simplicity of just dealing with rebound and compression only..my xfusion slant is set sag and rebound and that's it...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    So have Malcolm tell you the settings and then just don't adjust anything except rebound. I bet eventually you will start to experiment and your riding experience will get better. Your logic makes no sense.

mtbr member
    RC3 is the way to go if you are doing long descents. There is simply not enough oil volume in the CTD to keep up over long descents. Push can do a lot to improve the CTD, but there are too many limitations in the base design. If you do mainly smooth trails or features where the impacts are separated by a few seconds the CTD is fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    RC3 is the way to go if you are doing long descents. There is simply not enough oil volume in the CTD to keep up over long descents. Push can do a lot to improve the CTD, but there are too many limitations in the base design. If you do mainly smooth trails or features where the impacts are separated by a few seconds the CTD is fine.
    Thanks for your post. This is what I was looking for. Do you think the rc3 climbs as well as the ctd

undercover brother
    I just recently got the new Float X on my Sb66, and it is near perfect. The climb mode is much more a lockout feature, with still a very small bit of give for the small bumps. The Trail setting provides much more support throughout, and is constant and reliable on long descents. The descend mode is amazing. It feels like a coil shock and gobbles up everything like a pillow. The small bump sensitivity is the best I've ridden by far.

I was not happy at all with the stock CTD, but with the Float X, the CTD function is amazing.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    I just recently got the new Float X on my Sb66, and it is near perfect. The climb mode is much more a lockout feature, with still a very small bit of give for the small bumps. The Trail setting provides much more support throughout, and is constant and reliable on long descents. The descend mode is amazing. It feels like a coil shock and gobbles up everything like a pillow. The small bump sensitivity is the best I've ridden by far.

I was not happy at all with the stock CTD, but with the Float X, the CTD function is amazing.
    is there a specific tune for the float x for the sb66c?