mtbr member
    Jul 2010

SB66 Tall riders

Question for those of you on the upper end of the size range for the bike - I'm 6-4 with a 36 or so inch inseam and do not have the option to try an XL before buying. No one locally stocks them.

For those of you with long inseams (or even those of you squeezed onto a smaller frame than usual?) - does the seat tube being so slack adversely effect your pealing position and the ride? I'm seeing A LOT of folks with the saddles slid as far forward as possible and that's got me a bit leery. Coming off bike with 74 or 75 deg seat angles has me spoiled I guess and I don't want to end up with something that wont work.

Thx

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm 6' with a 32.5 inseam. I ride a size L SB 66 and have the seat all the way forward with a 50mm stem. I have gotten use to the pedals feeling like they are out infront of me, but I have to admit I wish they weren't. When I ride other bikes that have the bottom bracket more inline with the saddle, it feels better and like I can get more power to the pedals. That being said I still love the bike but if you are having reservations I'd do anything I could to demo one before buying.

I demo'd a SB 95 after having my SB 66 for about 6 months and right away I liked the SB 95 better. It was not a night and day difference that would make me go out and sell my 66 at a loss, but given the chance to swap I would. I shoud add that both bikes were aluminum. I also demo'd a SB66c before I bought my SB66a and the carbon was without a doubt a better riding/feeling bike, but I couldn't afford the extra cost.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I am a hair under 6'3 and I ride a Large 66. I ride my seat in a neutral position and run a 70mm bar and I have been really happy with my setup.

Send from my phablet.
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

undercover brother
    I'm 5'10 and ran a large before, but my SB66 is a medium with 55mm stem. Feels perfect. They definitely run long, but coupled with a short stem it is the best feeling cockpit around.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    6'4. 34 inseam ride XL 575,sb66 and sb95

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    i've got an XL. I'm 6'3".

I've got a specialized blacklite dropper which has a set-back clamp, and on this i need to push the seat forward a bit. If it was a non-setback clamp (KS Lev, or Reverb) then it would be pretty neutral for me. I don't think the seat tube is unreasonable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Uberstein, how long is your inseam? Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm 6'6", 37ish" inseam. I ride an XL SB66 with a 50mm stem and really wide bars.

My seat is in the middle but its on a KS Dropper that has a rearward offset.

It fits me great. Although I do have to run my KS Post up a bit which I don't like 5" of drop is not enough for me.
    2011 Yeti SB-66 XL Fox Float 36, Fox DHX RC4
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery