mtbr member
    Mar 2010

SB66 Seat-tube burs

I got mine a few weeks back. The seat tube has multiple burs in mine. I managed to grind most of em out, but one remains in the bottom that I cant reach.

They messed up my seat post pretty good.

Anybody else have this problem?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Same thing happened to me. The Thomson post my SB-66 came with is all scratched to hell. Fortunately when I upgraded to a Command Post, the mechanic at my LBS got rid of the burrs before installing the new post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchct View Post
    I got mine a few weeks back. The seat tube has multiple burs in mine. I managed to grind most of em out, but one remains in the bottom that I cant reach.

They messed up my seat post pretty good.

Anybody else have this problem?
    My thomson is all scratched up like its nobodys business. It used to be the most well maintained seatpost in my group while I was riding the 575 but the SB-66a really gave it some "nice" zigzagging pattern!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Oh wow, the most well maintained seat post in your group?! You have to be kidding right?! I get that something got over looked but jesus guys, what are you going to cry about next?!

If you are THAT anal, FIX IT and quit *****ing, if its that big of a deal put it on the classifieds and get a new one! Oh wait, generally those that are that anal are cry babies too

"hey johnny, man... I don't wanna sound gay or nothing but um, Im really excited to be riding behind you on the trail today, I just cannot contain my chub staring at how clean your seat post is"
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyg801 View Post
    Oh wow, the most well maintained seat post in your group?! You have to be kidding right?! I get that something got over looked but jesus guys, what are you going to cry about next?!

If you are THAT anal, FIX IT and quit *****ing, if its that big of a deal put it on the classifieds and get a new one! Oh wait, generally those that are that anal are cry babies too

"hey johnny, man... I don't wanna sound gay or nothing but um, Im really excited to be riding behind you on the trail today, I just cannot contain my chub staring at how clean your seat post is"
    LOL. Why so serious? Are u on drugs? Relax bro.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    [ QUOTE=ronnyg801;8962441]Oh wow, the most well maintained seat post in your group?! You have to be kidding right?! I get that something got over looked but jesus guys, what are you going to cry about next?!

"hey johnny, man... I don't wanna sound gay or nothing but um, Im really excited to be riding behind you on the trail today, I just cannot contain my chub staring at how clean your seat post is"[/QUOTE]

This dude got his seat tube reamed as good and hard as your guys frames need to be to prevent your posts from getting scratched.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by swan3609; 02-01-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

Mr. Knowitall
    Same deal with mine. Managed to file off some, but need to go over once again, as it still is scratching my KS i950.