Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    I swapped out ctd for monarch debonair plus from a nomad..like night and day difference for the better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've got an SB95... Pike fork and Cane Creek DB Inline upgrade was definitely night and day.

mtbr member

SB66 Carbon build thread

looks like I'm dropping some cash on fork/shock upgrade this spring...

any idea if the piggyback will fit on a small sb66 frame?

mtbr member
    Should be for all frame suzes ? 8.5x2.5

mtbr member

SB66 Carbon build thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Should be for all frame suzes ? 8.5x2.5
    It's the 8.5x2.5, cc has a fit guide and there is no mention about fit issues same should apply to the debonair, I was afraid the piggyback could get too close to the top tube, doesn't look like this is a problem

mtbr member
    I just put a M+ Debonair in my small SB66 and it fits just fine.
    SB66 Carbon build thread-imag0458.jpgSB66 Carbon build thread-imag0462.jpg

mtbr member
    I'm pulling the trigger on the pike and m+ debonair, looks like the only one available is M/M, I've read in other threads that's what yeti recomends...

are you guys using the M/M debonair?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm using a M/L that I found used from I believe a Nomad. Working extremely well for me so far. Feels very supportive even in the min compression setting. I didn't want M compression because of my experience with a M/M Monarch RT3 on a Giant Trance X. It always felt like it would get hung up easier on the back wheel while pedaling over obstacles. I switched to a L4 compression tune shock I found for that bike and it made a big difference. I'm only 150lbs though.

mtbr member
    ^I'm also 150 and am worried the m/m which is the only one I can find might be a little too much and with M/L I could still use reducers to help making more progressive... I've seen comments from people using both M/M and M/L and happy about it though

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    If you don't already, keep an eye on pinkbike.com classifieds.

mtbr member

SB66 Carbon build thread

this is out now

and this is in

a brand new take off from a nomad I got from PB quickly set sag to 30% with whatever I was wearing at the time (wife calling dinner ready, people just don't understand what's important on a Friday night), needed only 170psi to get 30%, will set everything again Tomorrow with more time! I'm 155lbs but I think I need more air still... will see!

need to ride this weekend!!! Next is a new fork still undecided but Pike can be found much cheaper so that's a big thing to consider!

mtbr member
    I think I'm going to run the CTD with the Vorsprung Corset. I haven't ridden my new 66 too much yet, but honestly, the damper doesn't see too bad on the CTD, and I think with the Corset benefits it'll be pretty good. My choice was that or a non-Debonair Monarch+ w/ the M/L tune. Hopefully I'm not making mistake....

Come on, dare me!
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a medium frame, preferably 2014. Let me know if you want to sell (can also be a frame/fork and/or crankset combo, depending on parts.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    just thought i'd leave this here, it's my 66c with its new Christmas wheels:

i plan to run this bike until it becomes beyond uneconomical to repair, i love it...

mtbr member
    Where did you get the purple headset?
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    it's a chris king one that i bought from a guy on this forum... i think hope are about to start releasing theirs in purple, there's also a company called sixpack that make them in purple, i had one for a while and the colour match was perfect for the hope/king stuff, but as soon as i got it the king one became available so i never actually got round to fitting it.

mtbr member
    Nice, I have a set of purple king hubs but never was able to find an inset 3 headset to match. I will check out sixpack.

mtbr member

Winter Upgrades

Done with my winter upgrades on my 2014, but the trails are a mess so I'll have to wait to test this stuff.

These are the new goodies:

2016 Magura MT7 brakes
    2016 e13 Trs+ Wheelset
    2016 XTR Trail 1x crankset
    XTR Bottom bracket
    One Up 30 narrow wide ring
    Float X shock
    SDG Saddle
    ODI SDG Grips
    Schwalbe Magic Mary front Razor Rock rear tires.

sb66cSB66 Carbon build thread-img_4875-w.jpgSB66 Carbon build thread-img_4882-w.jpgSB66 Carbon build thread-img_4873-w.jpgSB66 Carbon build thread-img_4871-w.jpgSB66 Carbon build thread-img_4877-w.jpg

mtbr member
    simple question... time to upgrade my 34 CTD 160mm! Will I regret going with a 36 or Pike 150mm instead of 160mm?

I'm wondering if this will make the bike a little more versatile for trail riding or if it will be basically the same and I'd be losing 10mm travel without much benefit for general riding!

mtbr member
    I struggle with this one daily. I have a FoX 36 160mm on mine (pictured above) and given the prices on the PIKE 150 I am often tested to get it. I think it will depend on the trails where you ride. If you do a lot of DH or real Enduro riding, I think the 36 160mm will be better. If you ride in more flat up and down flowy trails the PiKE 150 is probably better and a sharper ride. I do climb in my 160 without issues, but it does feel a bit more floaty in the front.

mtbr member
    pike can definitely handle with easy all my ride, the only thing that would make me think at the 36 given pike's current lower price is how much easier it would be to experiment with travel, compared to a new air shaft to change pike's travel!

Chilling out
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    pike can definitely handle with easy all my ride, the only thing that would make me think at the 36 given pike's current lower price is how much easier it would be to experiment with travel, compared to a new air shaft to change pike's travel!
    RockShox still make the Dual Position Air version of the Pike? That doesn't need work to change travel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I used to have an sb66c and much preferred my pike at 150 over 160. Front end wandered too much at 160 going up switch backs and what not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Anybody try the float x2 or the dhx2 on the Sb66c? I currently ride the float x without the corsette, but with thr new x2 and dhx2 announced today with a pro pedal switch I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade. Any input would be great.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the corsette float x over the non corsette version.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Anybody try the float x2 or the dhx2 on the Sb66c? I currently ride the float x without the corsette, but with thr new x2 and dhx2 announced today with a pro pedal switch I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade. Any input would be great.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the corsette float x over the non corsette version.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread - Page 67- Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    you dont need a pro pedal on the yeti sb66
    SB66 Carbon build thread-yeti.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saruti View Post
    you dont need a pro pedal on the yeti sb66
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yeti.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	1063597
    How do you like it? I use my propedal quite often and find it effective

mtbr member
    this bike pedals great. no need for pro pedal at all.

mtbr member
    Has anyone heard of a broken rear carbon triangle? I broke my aluminum rear and was thinking about trying to get a carbon rear to replace it. Will take new bearings, bolt kit and possibly a new dog bone.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    other than on the sb6c?! :-) now seriously, haven't heard of much damage done to de carbon!

how did you break yours?

Zaf
    mtbr member

5000km into a well ridden life, still no signs of letting go. Thing is solid hey.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Has anyone heard of a broken rear carbon triangle? I broke my aluminum rear and was thinking about trying to get a carbon rear to replace it. Will take new bearings, bolt kit and possibly a new dog bone.
    You want the matt carbon rear from a sb66c, not the clear coated ones that came on the 2014 AC model, those had problems.

mtbr member
    how did you break yours?
    Riding off curbs I guess?

I think it just got used up. I usually don't back down on the rough stuff but I'm not a big drop guy. Did take it to Trestle in CO last year and several trips to Davis WV but nothing to severe.

The break is at the standard chainstay junction. I've seen pics of a few broken there.

Any how, this is on an ALUMINUM rear end so I'll get out of your thread. Thanks!

mtbr member

looks like a rock hit me yesterday! is that something I need to worry about? I taped some gorila over that to avoid more damage, not sure if there is anything else to do!

thoughts?!

mtbr member
    That's a nice ding

mtbr member
    You should be ok. There is a metal insert there to hold the bolt and the paint just doesn't stick well. you don't want the chipping to spread though, so get some nail polish or some touch up pain and fill it in. My friends bike has almost the same chip. I got some flat black touch up pain from ibis and it is a pretty good match.

mtbr member
    My search has gone full circle. I have thought and shopped and clicked and read. I've come back to the 66 again and am on the hunt for a light use carbon. It's a shame I can't have the original builders fire up the molds for just a couple more medium frames.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Members who have read this thread: 7