mtbr member

sb66 broken shock mount bolt

So I messed up and over tightened the male bolt on the sb66 shock mount. I heard it *pop* and cursed pretty loud. Lucky I was able to get it back out since it was still partially attatched to the head.

On the yeti webiste they only sell them in pairs with the washers and both the female and male bolts for $60. I really hate the idea of buying all that and only needing one small bolt.

I found that the 575 uses the same bolt and is sold at Jenson for 10$ but is out of stock.

if I contact yeti think they will sell me one bolt if I'm really nice?

I also thought about buying one of the master kits for 200$ and just holding onto everything since I'll need it next year anyhow.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    So I messed up and over tightened the male bolt on the sb66 shock mount. I heard it *pop* and cursed pretty loud. Lucky I was able to get it back out since it was still partially attatched to the head.

On the yeti webiste they only sell them in pairs with the washers and both the female and male bolts for $60. I really hate the idea of buying all that and only needing one small bolt.

I found that the 575 uses the same bolt and is sold at Jenson for 10$ but is out of stock.

if I contact yeti think they will sell me one bolt if I'm really nice?

I also thought about buying one of the master kits for 200$ and just holding onto everything since I'll need it next year anyhow.
    I feel for you terrible, I hate getting into that scenario , I end up making my special bolts and or nuts that I need when I get in that scenario .
    If you know a buddy that works in a machine shop and or has access to a lathe he should be able to make you what you need .
    you might get lucky wit Yeti , you just never know until you ask

mtbr member
    Well it isn't too big of a deal since it's a standard bolt but made of TI. I found a bolt in my parts to fit but I hate not having the right bolt in there.

I'm leaning toward the whole kit. It would be nice if jenson carried it since they have 20% off right now. But the only suspension parts they carry are some odds and ends for the 575 and as-r.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I know it kills me too not having the right fastener on my bike.
    All the bike companies like to sell the dam kits as we all know , I make several bolts each month for something or another , I just made an axle for a banshee scythe because the shop did not have it and was going to take to long to get it.

I have to order more spare TI stock in for some of the bolts and stuff, I used the last TI I had on some ailerons pins for a guys home built RG6 aircraft , man Ti is getting really
    spendy

www.yetifan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr View Post
    I know it kills me too not having the right fastener on my bike.
    All the bike companies like to sell the dam kits as we all know , I make several bolts each month for something or another , I just made an axle for a banshee scythe because the shop did not have it and was going to take to long to get it.

I have to order more spare TI stock in for some of the bolts and stuff, I used the last TI I had on some ailerons pins for a guys home built RG6 aircraft , man Ti is getting really
    spendy
    Yeti sells the bolts on their own.

I do on Yetifan.com, they are 9.99 here.

If its the bolt you need, the part number is 30110.
    If its the female part you need its 30111

Hope that helps.

Andrew@yetifan.com